Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Add function to re-school/re-educate units

Re-educate your villagers, good idea?

Yes, for a small cost you should be able to re-school them to Serf and/or Laborer only
No votes
Yes, for a small cost you should be able to re-school them to Serf and/or Laborer only
No votes
Yes, for a (very) large cost you should be able to re-school them to Serf and/or Laborer only
No votes
Yes, for a (very) large cost you should be able to re-school them to Serf and/or Laborer only
No votes
Other (please post! :D)
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No, re-school is a bad idea
No votes
No, re-school is a bad idea
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 0
<<

liquidsnake1989

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Oct 2015, 19:14

Add function to re-school/re-educate units

Hi there! First post here, but I'm familiar with KaM and I love the remake :)

Anyway, we all know the problem with buildings which use finite resources; fish, coal, iron ore, gold ore. Once you deplete all resources you can get your hands on, you can destroy the buildings and place other things there, but the miners/fishermen will just sit there, be AFK, and eat your food.

So that got me thinking. A 'kill' option is not KaM-style, I read somewhere. But what about a re-edudate function? It could cost like 2 or 3 gold chest (sorry, don't know the English names, I always play in my own langauge :P), and it could be done in a seperate building or in the current School building.

I think it would be great idea. It's not as barbaric as just killing your villagers, but you could re-educate them to something else. Hence, maybe even limit the re-educate functions to Serf or laborer only! At least it's not such a waste as it is now. As it is now, the only way to prevent useless workless people is to not build those buildings in the first place, meaning that at the very least you have to buy coal and gold ore from the Market.

Any thoughts?
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Oct 2015, 07:15

Re: Add function to re-school/re-educate units

I voted "Yes, for a small cost you should be able to re-school them to anything".

Because I feel like what you describe has always been one of the pains of KaM. After a while, your miners just sit there doing nothing but still need food. I've also mistakenly trained the wrong guy which would stand there doing nothing for the entire game.

I feel like the option I voted for is easy to implement and doesn't have a huge impact on the game, but still manages to make the game a little better.

That being said, I'm 100% sure this won't get implemented :)
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 13 Oct 2015, 09:13

I have voted same as Tom, for option #1, for much the same reasons.

Design-wise it is tricky to put a "small cost" on the re-training without adding new objects to the game. School only accepts gold chests and nothing more. So the cost is either 0 or 1 gold chest.
So the simplest solution with no side-effects is just let units walk back into school and dissappear.

Will it be implemented - I doubt.
Lewin is on extended break, I'm occupied with Knights Province, other contributors are on a break too.
Of course if someone wants to implement this (or other features) me (and Lewin) can find time and consult on how to do it and accept a pull request at github.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Oct 2015, 12:08

Hello,
Well, this is what we always try to explain :D Some new townhall functions.

Anyway I upgraded the TH script idea some months ago, just need to programming.
3rd school-signed with fire on the roof-the counters should be visible on the screen.

NAME -COST in goldchests -units in the 3RD school //short description
UNITS:
-rouge -3G -stoner // give 1 rouge, there is a training time
-rebel -3G -farmers // give a rebel, there is a training tim
-vagabond -4G -animalBreeder //give a vagabond, there is a training time
-warrior -5G -miners //give a barbarian, ther is a training time

TRANSFORMS:
-LabouRebel -2G -labourer //1 idle labourers switch to rebel
-MineBarbe - 5G -metallurgist //1 idle miner which doesnt have house switch to barbarian
-Serfie -1G -serf //1idle serf switch to recruit

ATTACKS:
-WoodWorm -40G -woodcutter //get a Vagabond, the attacked player by this unit will lost his all woodcutters
-AxeMaxi -90 -carpenter //get a vagabond, the attacked player by this troop will get a surprise transform-the players carpenters will switch to one of your milites
-TheFisherDream-50G -fisher //get vision of the enemies fishers-reveal fogs of the enemies fisher
-Bacteria -40G -baker //get a vagabond, the attacked play by this troop get bacteria, the players bakeri lost his breads until 5mins
-Starvation -50G -butcher //get a vagabond, the attacked player by this unit will get starvation-the butvhers stopworking until 5mins
-Plague -40G -blacksmith //get a vagabond, the attacked player by this troops will lose randomly 10 citizens-any citizens.
-Priest -90G -recruits //get a vagabond, the attacked group of the enemy's players will turn to your troops
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Oct 2015, 12:12

@Thunder: this topic isn't about the Town Hall, and what you are describing above has nothing to do with liquidsnakes idea..
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Oct 2015, 20:33

its about the re-educate villagers. -->unit transform. If mines are empty there will be idle miners...reeducate them to serfs or soldiers...etc. This could be a townhallfunction :wink:
after this is already about the townhall:D

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”