Multiplayer Scenarios (Script)

<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Mar 2015, 19:02

Multiplayer Scenarios (Script)

Hey, im thinking about add to KaM some mods that provides some scenarios like:
- "Hold Middle" for 50 minutes, team who own middle when time ends win or team's time counter = 0. ( pros: no camping, a lot of action )
- "Capture Positions" , same as "Hold" but with more spots.
- "War God" - team who reach 1000 kills win.
Thats all what i could figure out :D
Offcourse the scenarious will use already created maps like Cursed etc, if u hav any good suggest what map for what scenario ill be greatfull :D
Feel free to comment and share your own ideas. Ill make a list for all scenarios and in future ill develop them.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Mar 2015, 19:30

Re: Multiplayer Scenarios (Script)

Hold Middle - there is a map already that use this kind of idea, King of the Castle, but as far as I remember, there's shorter time limit.

War God - this is really interesting, how about adding AI waves to fight against, every X minutes, so it's easier to achieve this amount of kills. It would be also harder for players, as they should keep in mind these waves, which can harm them as well. How I see it - there's a spawn point for AI, known for players, so they are not surprised. On a map like Cursed Ravine AI could just do a walk from top to bottom (with that, campers won't benefit). On other maps, well, there should be a spawn point and maybe AI would attack the strongest player or something like that (with earlier warning, like "player X would be attacked in X minutes")? Some kind of Barbarian horde, that seeks for treasures.

That's mine few fast ideas for now :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Mar 2015, 13:37

domination: there are a few capture points on the map for the players. the players can capture any capture point and need to hold it. for every second they hold a point they get a capture point. the team (or individual player incase the map is set up for ffa which would be more interesting imo) who has 200 points first wins.

bandits: one team has to reach an economic objective (gather x ware(s) ) while another team are bandits out to steal stuff. the economic team just get's a normal loc that can be attacked form multiple directions. the bandits get spawned troops at secure locations (with increased hunger to prevent stacking armieS) and must try to raid the cities.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Mar 2015, 22:59

I was thinkking about add some start army for each player, the armies can only fight with other armies, in peace time group who attacked enemy house/worker unit will die - it will not disturb economic/build part of game. Start army will provide some action in peace time. Armies could be used to "hold middle" , get some "tactical points" etc.

Tiank you're right, it will take a long time before reach the goal :D yea maybe for "war god" we could use "start army" and use some "support wave ( some groups spawned for each player every X minutes ).

"Domination" sounds great Di, it will provide some nice rushy gameplay ( no campers, a lot of fight ), i think we can focus on that :D What map will you recommend for that type of game? I think cursed ravine will be fine for testing :>
Bandits are cool, but i think it will take a little more time to plan/coding etc :>

Thanks guys for answer, Ill prepare some introductory project/descreption for "domination" :D so we can disguise about gameplay/balance stuff :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Mar 2015, 03:35

well domination probably needs it's own map but i think cystaline falls from to might be a good start. remove his bonus fog reveal script and replsce it with the domination script (with permission)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Pranav

Laborer

Post 15 Mar 2015, 04:40

How about a Mario kart type of racing
each player will be given an knight on map which looks like an race track and using dynamic scripting
we can add some boosts which will speed up the knights movement for some seconds to 2 times and other boosts which can enable the knight to attack another players knight and slow his move speed for some seconds to 0.5 times and all the players shud navigate through the map by moving their knights around by using the mouse and only mouse it looks more like mini game but this is my idea
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 15 Mar 2015, 08:10

Well, I had and idea about racing in KaM, but speed boosts won't be implemented, cos they change core mechanics of the game. However, I was thinking about using Knights, Scouts and Vagas for racing, using differences in their attack and defence and in addition each of them would have different endurance (hunger bar decrease faster or slower). Also, obstacles, so the player should be focused and fast with clicking, maybe some random events to distract the player.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Pranav

Laborer

Post 15 Mar 2015, 08:33

speed boosts won't be implemented, cos they change core mechanics of the game
the speed boost acts as nitro which speeds up themm
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 15 Mar 2015, 12:09

Well, I had and idea about racing in KaM, but speed boosts won't be implemented, cos they change core mechanics of the game. However, I was thinking about using Knights, Scouts and Vagas for racing, using differences in their attack and defence and in addition each of them would have different endurance (hunger bar decrease faster or slower). Also, obstacles, so the player should be focused and fast with clicking, maybe some random events to distract the player.
Just spawn them multiple times in different places for a speed boost, and control them with building plans GUI
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 15 Mar 2015, 12:27

I was thinking about Race map too, each player have axeman, player have to avoid patrolling knights (patrol example between 4 or 5 tiles, from left to right from right to left ) ( kinda block to try your micro ), player can kill "rebel" speed boost so the axeman will be replaced with scout for maybe about 15 seconds ( so u will be faster :P ). Its nice map but it will take a lot of monkey work with these patrolling units.
Its nice idea with hunger, it could decreases faster and u have to choose - stop to kill "serf" to recover your hunger(fuel) or take risk to go forward.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”