Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Construction ware blocking

<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Dec 2014, 13:56

Construction ware blocking

This idea was written by somebody on the forum, I don't know who was it. So it would be a button that blocks construction material delivery to the construction site. It would be in the left sidebar, when the building is selected. It's basically the extension of the existing ware delivery blocker button.

Advantages:
* It would help less experienced players who want to play x1 and has a problem with wood production, because it enables to prioritise where to bring the wood.
* When you start with a storehouse and build the school, you might want to place a woodcutter or stonecutter too. It's annoying if the school lacks one of the construction material and all the builders go to the other house.

I don't see any disadvantages of the button yet.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Dec 2014, 16:42

Re: Construction ware blocking

don't connect road to entrance
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Dec 2014, 19:11

Oh, Michalpl :D

I think David's qualm is #1 when you run out of wood after roads are already connected to many buildings, serfs have this very annoying habit of bringing all but one timber to all buildings. If you have a much-needed sawmill under construction, this can be very annoying.
#2 I think the issue is that he wants to block wares to the woodcutter until the school is done, but I think that "problem" is already fixed with how serfs bring wares to sites.

Still, I don't think it's needed. With some skill, you can learn to not make more plans than you can handle.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 Dec 2014, 19:57

Yes the idea mainly addresses the problem of not wanting to destroy the construction site, because serfs already delivered some wood. But still you have buildings you want to make earlier (e.g. sawmill). It's very common mistake among players who are not so professional. (I think it's possible that players who usually play x2 are doing the building too fast in x1 too.) You can learn to build as much as you can handle, but it's hard to learn that, it could take many months or even more. Something can always go wrong. I'm not sure how much effect would it have on the gameplay, it depends on whether it is used by who has wood problem.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”