Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Units from the town hall to the fortress

<<

Vidin

Peasant

Post 25 Nov 2014, 10:04

Units from the town hall to the fortress

Hello everyone

At the outset, I want to say that a new member on the forum. The kama play for a long time but never mind. As for this game, I have some suggestions. Would it be possible to do the trick enter the fortress units from the town hall in addition to the barbarians and warriors but to what cost these units from the fortress ?? I know it's a little strange idea but admit that good. And, accordingly, eg better tactics. My point here is mainly that such a vagabond in the town hall which costs 3 gold boxes that cost strongholds such an ax to recruit and horse. Although he rides a mule or a donkey, but if you can only produce horses that cost to the horse what you say ??

Immediately sorry for my english but all translators with google translator and I do not know so well in English

Translation by Esthlos (thanks!)
Hello everyone

First of all, I'd like to say that I am a new member of the forum. I've been playing KaM for a long time, but nevermind.

As for this game, I have a few suggestions. Would it be possible to add the Town Hall units to the Barracks, in addition to the Barbarians and Warriors, but what should these units cost then? I know that this idea is a little strange but I think it would be better better; e.g., it would allow better tactics.

My idea here is mainly to for exampe add a Vagabond, who in the Town Hall would cost 3 Gold Chests, to the Barracks, equippable using 1 Hand Axe and 1 Horse.
Even if he rides a mule or a donkey, since you can only produce horses that cost all the same, if not a Horse then what in your opinion would be more appropriate?

Lastly, i'm sorry for my english but I used Google Translate because I know too little English to do otherwise
~Ben
Last edited by Vidin on 13 Sep 2021, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added tranlation
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Nov 2014, 10:33

Re: Units from the town hall to the fortress

There are already 9 troop types (3 foot, 2 pike, 2 range, 2 horse). What game mechanic adding a 3rd type of each type would improve?
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Nov 2014, 10:41

There are already 9 troop types (3 foot, 2 pike, 2 range, 2 horse). What game mechanic adding a 3rd type of each type would improve?
There are already 3 types: the Militia can be easily pointed out to be the only one recruitable of the third type from the Barracks, but there it is. :P
Hello everyone

First of all, I'd like to say that I am a new member of the forum. I've been playing KaM for a long time, but nevermind.

As for this game, I have a few suggestions. Would it be possible to add the Town Hall units to the Barracks, in addition to the Barbarians and Warriors, but what should these units cost then? I know that this idea is a little strange but I think it would be better better; e.g., it would allow better tactics.

My idea here is mainly to for exampe add a Vagabond, who in the Town Hall would cost 3 Gold Chests, to the Barracks, equippable using 1 Hand Axe and 1 Horse.
Even if he rides a mule or a donkey, since you can only produce horses that cost all the same, if not a Horse then what in your opinion would be more appropriate?

Lastly, i'm sorry for my english but I used Google Translate because I know too little English to do otherwise
Fixed. I think. Hope. Whatever.
Don't worry, it was comprehensible. Sort of. :wink:

Anyway, I like this idea, and I think it would be feasible to add a Non Armored "unit class" to the already existing Leather and Iron classes.

Also, in my opinion adding the Barbarians, Something else for Leather, and Warriors to the Barracks, trainable using their own unique weapon type (which would need to be added as a ware), would resurrect this troops' balancing idea... :P

The only problem is that we'd have Rebels equipped with a Lance but that use a Fork, and Rogues equipped with Bows that throw stones... maybe new sprites could be created?

It should be possible to edit the Leather units' sprites to make the Town Hall units from the barracks more coherent, and have an acceptable result...
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 25 Nov 2014, 10:46

I would like to hear opinions why we need 3 unit types in each category in TSK Remake. Why 2 is too little and why not 6 ? Argument that we already have sprites for them - does not count.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Nov 2014, 10:49

I would like to hear opinions why we need 3 unit types in each category in TSK Remake. Why 2 is too little and why not 6 ? Argument that we already have sprites for them - does not count.
It would allow for more rush options, and for cheaper supporting troops.
Also, since the sprites for them are already there, half of the work is already done! :P :mrgreen: :P
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 25 Nov 2014, 14:16

well in multiplayer they might be of purpose in special gamemodes in other ways then they are now, and i assume (at least i know i do) the units will make a lot of appearances in the singleplayer aspect this way. these units have unique looks and stats, which can be used well in stories (especially rebellion stories). I actually wanted recruitable tpr units and found a way to do so thanks to shadaoe, and even though this is most likely the best way to do it it still does not look smooth.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Rhaenon

Woodcutter

Post 27 Nov 2014, 13:17

When implemented differently than they used to be, they could possibly diversificate the game play and strategy plan. So you would have new tactics that could be developed. More strategies means more diverse battles.
<<

Rhaenon

Woodcutter

Post 18 Dec 2014, 02:04

Take for example the vagabond. It is very similar to the scout. But is it?

I could have the same differences as the axe fighter and the militia, in my opinion. Which means, you can have cavalry at a cheap price yes, but they're very easy to kill. Even more easy than Scouts.

Now that leaves the Rogue and the Rebel. Since I do think the barbarians and warrior shouldn't be in there.
The rogue and the rebel both don't have the weapon sprites, which is a problem. Since it is 3 am, I won't be typing everything I am thinking.

The rebel could be good for just storyline. Being able to convert say farmers into them would be nice, but even harder to implement. I am guessing it can be done using dynamic scripting.

Ultimately, that leaves the rogue.
The rogue is a little fellow who slings stones at your enemy. Their accuracy is not that good and sometimes they hit your own hand to hand soldiers, but that doesn't mean that they are bad. Archers are always a very good support for your army so use them if you haven't got anything else.
I think this is exactly what they are supposed to be.
Why? Because you then have the following units:
The lists are all in this order>
Unit Type
- Weak and cheap
Costs wood and gold
- Reasonable
Costs wood, leather and gold
- Strong but expensive
Costs iron, coal and gold.

Infantry
- Militia
- Axe Fighter
- Sword Fighter

Ranged
- Rogue
- Archer
- Crossbowarcher

Cavalry
- Vagabond
- Scout
- Knight

Only thing left out with just the two units would be the counter-cavalry: the pikes and the lancers.
I think this would diversify gameplay and have people come up with new techniques and tactics.
Something like a sling I could do I think graphically. Remains the issue where to put it in the barracks. Maybe have two rows of weapons, and center the recruit on the third row below it, or above it on the first row.

Now, I want to hear what you guys think? Do you think it would diversify gameplay? Why (not)? How?
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 18 Dec 2014, 06:50

we should have bowmean and crossbow men on horses.

If we edit the sprites a bit we can make centaurs of them !

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”