Regarding siege workshop and town hall

<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Oct 2014, 07:59

Re: Regarding siege workshop and town hall

just slowing down the reload, a very effective
In my opinion this would be very effective indeed... if instead of let's say 10 hits in 10 seconds the siege machine could do the same damage to buildings with 2 hits while needing to load its ammo for 5 seconds after stopping to shoot, it would maintain its usefulness against buildings but be useless against troops.
About "magical" moving Sieges:
I highly doubt this to be an actual problem... after all, nothing forbids to make Siege Workshops work like Stables, producing a ware that needs to be moved to the Barracks and then manned by a recruit in order to be used.
Also, starting from the existing sprites it shouldn't be very hard to add a recruit manning the siege machines.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Rhaenon

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Nov 2014, 09:31

Also, starting from the existing sprites it shouldn't be very hard to add a recruit manning the siege machines.
Actually, it is pretty hard and a lot of work. I have tried to do this in the past (my username used to be Kridge) and it sure as hell wasn't easy. Keep in mind that it is a ton of sprites for going one direction, can't remember the exact number (I believe 8) and then you also have to do this in 8 directions (8*8=64 sprites).
Furthermore you would have to fit 2 units into a single tile, this causes size restrictions.

But maybe I'm just inexperienced and this is why I didn't succeed.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Nov 2014, 17:21

No, you're [Raenon] right: It is very hard. The artwork needs to be professional and (perhaps even harder) identical to the artwork of KaM.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Nov 2014, 17:44

The artwork needs to be professional and (perhaps even harder) identical to the artwork of KaM.
Ok, with this premise it would indeed be hard. :(
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Rhaenon

Woodcutter

Post 13 Nov 2014, 15:28

Theoretically you can just use the sprites that are already there but yeah, even still.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Nov 2014, 00:47

Sprites that are already there? What is the recruit going to just walk behind the seige weapons as they move themselves? :S
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 14 Nov 2014, 16:48

Sprites that are already there? What is the recruit going to just walk behind the seige weapons as they move themselves? :S
offcourse not, they walk in front like pulling them.
we just need to create a rope around their middle
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Nov 2014, 17:12

You wouldn't pull catapult with a little rope, you'd push it with at least a couple of people. Not to mention that using current sprites of recruits walking would look terrible! I can imagine him lazily holding a string as a pony walks by his side...but not a siege machine.
It would be better to have them move magically, imo.
<<

Rhaenon

Woodcutter

Post 16 Nov 2014, 18:03

You wouldn't pull catapult with a little rope, you'd push it with at least a couple of people. Not to mention that using current sprites of recruits walking would look terrible! I can imagine him lazily holding a string as a pony walks by his side...but not a siege machine.
It would be better to have them move magically, imo.
As I remember *cough* long time ago *cough* it looked okay-ish because the recruit was partly hidden behind the catapult or ballista but anyways.
The point about it was, even when modifieing these existing sprites;

It takes:
- Time
- Skill
- Dedication
- Consistency

Quick mockups are easy, even doing a single direction would be doable. But then there are things as shooting animations, creating every single direction etc.
That is all I wanted to say.
It is possible, I am convinced. But it takes the most valuable of all: time.
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 18 Nov 2014, 10:54

We should make animation for making people in KaM, because when they come out of school with only gold provided, it is not realistic.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 18 Nov 2014, 12:02

We should make animation for making people in KaM, because when they come out of school with only gold provided, it is not realistic.
we are already troubled by making sprites for a guy pushing a catapult.
other sprites are not a priorit at all
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 18 Nov 2014, 18:02

Yes but how gold can make people? It is ridicolous. I mean it can when a rich man meets a greedy lady but still...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 18 Nov 2014, 20:00

good idea, we'll remove the school.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 18 Nov 2014, 20:04

Yes but how gold can make people? It is ridicolous. I mean it can when a rich man meets a greedy lady but still...
Maybe it's not making people from gold, but just hiring them? Think before you post sth like this!

And about removing school, I think it's a the best idea ever, can you even imagine how much fun will be with only two buildings? :mrgreen:
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 18 Nov 2014, 23:48

Maybe it's not making people from gold, but just hiring them? Think before you post sth like this!

And about removing school, I think it's a the best idea ever, can you even imagine how much fun will be with only two buildings? :mrgreen:
Okay, but still are they sitting in some basement and learning stuff? Like butcher is learning to make sausages in theory?
What if you think about machines as ents with wheels? Ents can move so how is it not normal? :?

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”