Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

USELESS KICK SYSTEM!

<<

Stic

Serf

Post 01 May 2014, 20:39

USELESS KICK SYSTEM!

Im tired to be kicked because 1 idiot, it just take only ONE idiot to tell to kick me and they do because i have 300 ping. And those idiots who dont know shit about internet, which are mostly childs of 12 years old, think im going to lag because my ping and they kick me, all the time i have this problem. Can you change this *cut* kick system?

For what to kick people anyways? is so hard to find a game because there is not enough people and the stupids hosts always kicking people. Because they are noobs, because they remember that guy left 1 game and now he will be forever a leaver. I JUST WANNA HAVE SOME FUN, if you want a PRO game play with people you know! STOP KICKING EVERYONE FOR STUPID REASONS, ITS JUST A GAME! you just lose people who wants to play like this. Before i couldnt play because i was a noob, now im an avarage player but still have problems, anyways if there is noobs, there is noobs for both teams and the only way they can learn is if they actually PLAY, and maybe we can increase the number of players. Why you cant just have fun playing the damn game???

Sorry i hope at least this make sense for you, im very pissed off right now and my english is crap!!!
!MODBREAK: No swearing please. Try to write here when you have calmed down and are feeling less emotional so we can discuss this problem sensibly.
Last edited by Stic on 13 Sep 2021, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Modbreak
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 May 2014, 21:28

Re: USELESS KICK SYSTEM!

think im going to lag because my ping and they kick me
maybe try to re write it when you are less mad..
i am not sure but that sentence is not going to make much sense
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Stic

Serf

Post 01 May 2014, 21:59

THEY think im going to lag because my ping and they kick me
maybe try to re write it when you are less mad..
i am not sure but that sentence is not going to make much sense
Like that? if not explain...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 May 2014, 00:16

I'm from Australia and get over 300 ping to Europe, so I understand your annoyance. I have also been kicked and insulted for having high ping on several occasions. However, the kick system is required because otherwise the opposite can happen: A single player can ruin the game for the other players. Removing kicking is not the answer.

A solution to the problem is to create your own lobby. Just join an empty room on a server and select a popular map and popular speed settings. Sure, some players will leave when they see your ping, but enough of them won't so that you can play a game after a few minutes (at least that's what happened when I've tried it). That way you are in control and nobody can kick you. If you like you can type a message explaining that your ping will not cause the game to lag, then press CTRL+C so it's ready to paste whenever somebody asks about it. We designed the lobby so that the host has total control, but if players don't like how the host runs the lobby they can leave and create their own lobby. So it's kind of like democracy, anyone is able to be a host and nobody is forced to stay with a host they don't like.

Most of all, try to stay calm. Getting angry won't help anything. And don't post on the forum when you are really annoyed, wait a while until you can think about it logically.
<<

Stic

Serf

Post 02 May 2014, 15:57

You should know there is not enough people to create multiple rooms. I didnt play a single game where it was necessary to kick somebody. A lot of games doesnt have the kick option and they work, it depends a lot from people and with such small community there shouldnt be problem.

If you think people cant be handle by just talking, okay, at least consider the idea to modify this option. My idea would be:

1) Host select the person who wants to be kicked
2) Host type a reason why he wants that person out
3) It starts a voting.
4) 30 - 60 seconds to vote for YES or NO, if someone doesnt vote its consider like NO.
5) If it meets the percent required that person is kicked. For example 70%, 80% or 90% of the persons in the room.

For me its democracy, not the chance to move to a different country because u dont like the rules. So, thank you if you consider my way of democracy, if not i will take the chance you give me to move to a different "country" :D.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 May 2014, 16:14

A lot of games doesnt have the kick option and they work, it depends a lot from people and with such small community there shouldnt be problem..
In such fast-paced games where you play 20 games a day (such as a FPS) you don't need to kick, but RTS games are different. I've never played an RTS game where there wasn't a kicking system.

And I think your proposal fixes nothing (if you're having a "ping problem" then wouldn't people just vote to boot you anyway? :P) and is just complicated at best. Like Lewin said, just open your own lobby.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 03 May 2014, 01:30

You should know there is not enough people to create multiple rooms.
That depends on what time you play. At peak times there are usually 4-6 rooms in the "Lobby" state (and over a page worth of games in "Game" state), so you could easily open your own lobby at that time. In off peak times then yeah it's harder to organise a game and there's usually only at most 1 room in the lobby. But remember that every lobby was opened by someone, and that someone could just as well be you. Even if you have to wait a while for enough people to join, eventually all the other lobbies will start their game so people will join yours.
<<

Stic

Serf

Post 03 May 2014, 04:42

No Ben, lets say there is 8 people in the lobby, 1 is me and u need 60% or 70% of votes it means 5 or 6 people to vote YES you get all these votes only when that person really need to be kicked, if not, mostly people dont care and dont even vote.

FPS you need kick system for different reasons, reasons which are totally not in this game. I dont remember having trouble to play with people because of my PING (remember just PING, not lag, i dont lag games) in the RTS i played, C&C 3, Red Alert, AOE 2, 3, Mythology, Starcraft BW, SC 2, Warcraft TFT, i forget some for sure but this is what i most played.

Maybe i didnt have problems because there was more people playing it, but exactly thats the reason why i came to the forums and told about my problem in this game, because its a small community and i thought you will try to solve this problems (even more when Lewis already knows this problem).

Thank you for making this multiplayer version, i could play matches in this awesome game and i enjoyed it. Good luck with your project and i hope you succeed!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 03 May 2014, 04:57

Maybe in those other RTS games you were playing on geographically closer servers so your ping was better? Higher ping will always lead to some kind of lower quality of gameplay, even if it's small. In the case of KaM Remake, it means when you make an order like building or moving troops, that order is delayed for longer (sum of 2 worst pings divided by 2, plus a constant to cope with spikes). AOE 2 uses the same system, but I don't know about the other games. When you play on a server where everyone has ~50ms ping, it almost feels as responsive as singleplayer. But when someone has 300 ping commands are noticeably delayed (but still very playable). But you are right in that high ping won't cause lag (freezing/stuttering) as long as your ping is stable. And some people don't understand this and kick you (or they don't want to play with the higher delay).

Maybe we can do a public service announcement on our website/Facebook/Youtube: "High ping does not cause lag" :P
<<

KaMRemakefan

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 03 May 2014, 13:31

Hehe nice topic! :P
I know your problem, but the best way is make your own room!
From which country are you?

Good luck with playing!
KaMRemakefan is a fanchannel on youtube of the game KaM Remake,
click on the link here below to go the fanchannel.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”