Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Food for fight!

<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 26 Feb 2014, 10:37

Food for fight!

Here is the idea: what about making the Town Hall able to train Recruits optionally from Food or from another profession+some Food?

This would add the possibility for players to get rid of unused civilians and would make Wood troops completely unlinked from Coal.
After all, if you're producing Leather you're also likely making a lot of Food...

This should also mark a stronger difference between Wood and Iron troops:
Wood troops would be the weaker ones but you'd be able to train endless waves of them, while Iron troops would be stronger but limited by your ability to mine or trade the required resources.

What do you think?

P.S. The title is a modification of the expression "food for thought"
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 26 Feb 2014, 16:44

Re: Food for fight!

I like that idea but i don't think some people agree with the part to get rid of the unused civilians because it is another reason to have less food problems in your city.
You can just delete and make a new civilian in the school for gold and save food. On the other hand if you also need food to make a soldier it is imo no problem.

Maybe by this way people will make (more) bakkeries and vineyards before peace time ends and is the chance for foodproblems less likely i think. And if you have to much food because you maked too much bakkeries for example you can use to make those soldiers from the townhall.

I like the idea. I hope others agree too. :D

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”