watching old replays

<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Feb 2014, 22:24

watching old replays

Hi,
When I watch some of my replays I can only watch 1/10 of all replays I have.
That is because the other replays are old and played in an other version of the remake.
Is it an idea to make it possible to watch replays which you played in an other version of KaM?
It would be nice to rewatch games which you played in thee early days of the remake :)
Killer!!
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Feb 2014, 22:38

Re: watching old replays

that is as faras i know impossible to do.

as far as i know a replay simulates every action doe in the game, so if a chage like for example knights have +1 hp then all of the actions will not add up because they have different outcomes.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2014, 03:08

You can find most of the old multiplayer demos on the Remake's download archive. I recommend downloading the full version and then install the Remake in a custom directory (For example, I use C:\KaM Remake4001, C:\KaM Remake5503, etc). Then you will be able to watch replays in any version you want :)

The only problem is watching replays in RCs. I thought you could still download them by replacing the version number in the download links, but I can seem to get it to work. Still, I'm sure that some people have installers for most of the RCs...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 Feb 2014, 03:10

Yeah as dicso said it's not possible since the engine changes so much with each release. If you want to be able to watch old replays I recommend keeping all the old versions installed like Ben suggested.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Feb 2014, 06:38

ok thank you
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Feb 2014, 08:16

Hi!

Yes this is unfortunately not the best thing of the Remake. There are too much release and hard to follow if you re new member.
Could be a solution if insert all release's engine into one? I know the source code is long, but then one Release could be replay all release. These engine like in a chess program where you can chose the motors to the AI.
I think to implement all release into one that makes a huge file larger then 1GB. Maybe this could be good for a final release. Maybe?:S
Possible there could be more problem also, but i think to lot of players let be happy if they will have only one release on the machine.

Unfortunately i don't know which is the largest size/or part of the game, images or the source code?
OKay this was only an idea which needstons of work. Im sorry.
t
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 14 Feb 2014, 09:46

@Thunder: Easiest way to accomplish this is just to have different engines installed into different folders - zero effort for us, little effort for ones who need it.

Typical player does not need to worry about all those versions. There's just one recent version. I doubt many players concerned about replays from older versions (year+ old)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”