Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Start point for stone and wood

<<

zoNk!

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Feb 2014, 22:49

Start point for stone and wood

So I went through TSK campaign and everything was cool.
- No crashes
- Sometimes low frames, but restart of game or pc helps 100% (My PC runs almost nonstop)

I remember that bug in 3/4 mission on TPR where enemy had huge army running around the map. It was frustrating, but now in TSK AI doesn't making 1/3 army he had in original version. So it took me like 2 days to win 20 levels. But I have few tricks from past which allow me to win level with first army (mission 1, 2, 3, 5, 12, 14, 16 and almost 4, 7, 9, 11, 15 ; P it's harder now, because horses don't stop for 1-2 sec after reaching last point of attack (which is good of course)

Many wows from me at the end because I have only one suggestion:
- ability to set where stonemason and woodcutter should start his work (to get important space)
- as i wrote, maybe a little bit harder campaign, but I know your priority goes to multiplayer.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Feb 2014, 04:10

Re: Start point for stone and wood

Ai is being worked on. It will be better in the future ;)

As for selecting where woodcutters and stonemasons will cut, it has been recommended, but turned down for good reason. I wrote something on the simplified KaM recently:
Krom and Lewin frequently remind the community about how it is their commitment to keep KaM's system of "indirect control" over the economy, as well as avoiding over-complexity. That you cannot see soldiers health is an example of such simplification.
Anyway, I hope you get the idea: Krom and Lewin prefer to keep the game more simple, rather than complex. "Leave that complex stuff for Europa Universalis," I say.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

zoNk!

Peasant

Post 05 Feb 2014, 22:15

I didn't want health at any points, I agree it was something that you loved in this game and made you look into those animations. Like wine, sausage, battles.
There's certainly some kind of magic in this strategy.
Totally agree with those arguments. So it only proves how well done they have done :D

But back to the point:
And what I've kept in mind were few bugs (2 workers or others standing in line to same task)
Crashes
Army collisions
Oh and recruts waiting to choose location towers/barracks and more you have then much more you have to wait.

Thx a lot for everything. There's nothing better than good old strategy after stressing day. I can even sleep 4-5 hours, but play before going bed. Then just sleep it off.

KaM, Red Alert I and recently AoE II HD are my whole time favourites.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Feb 2014, 04:26

...AoE II HD are my whole time favourites.
How? The HD version is brand new! It can't be a "whole time favorite" :P
But I'm seriously right with you. AoE II was, and forever will, be a very impressive RTS :)

Post a topic that relates to your crash in greater detail. Consider sending a crash report next time it happens.

Also, please post more information about "army collisions" I haven't the faintest about what you mean.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

zoNk!

Peasant

Post 06 Feb 2014, 23:12

Dude! I was talking about past (original release) :D and what I loved about those fixes. Everything was fine.
There were sometimes army collisions tho, but nothing that would get me annoyed. Very rarely but mostly, or even in each case, when you had same troops but different armies.

And about AoE, I wrote like that because I played AoE I and :Rise of Rome and AoE III. One was my favourite, but I tried IIHD month ago and loved it. And it's almost like first version if not graphics and castles ; )

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”