Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Changing building priority order for laborers

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Feb 2014, 03:07

Re: Changing building priority order for laborers

Well i really did not want to include gamespeed in this, but i cannot disagree that this is harder with higher speeds. it is not impossible, but you really need to train hard to achieve the same result. But for the sake of the topic, shall we please let gamespeed out of this? i think that has caused enough rage for now.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Feb 2014, 04:04

Yes, any topics that are similar to "KaM Remake is broken because of speed increases" will be deleted. Thank you!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Feb 2014, 15:37

No! I don´t want to let it out here, just because it is the only simple reason why the actual system is "no efficient" enough in his opinion. Why should someone cry about the system of "how fast my builders need to make a house"? Just because he doesn´t want to micro/doesn´t like the current micro thing and wants to have faster finished buildings/economy. So it fits perfectly into the "The Game is so slow in comparision to other games of today. Please make it faster" :rolleyes:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Feb 2014, 04:03

I think that this:
Just because he doesn´t want to micro
Is the honest but sad truth of it. Players are just too lazy ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Post 23 Apr 2015, 09:07

I like that idea of being able to "toggle" a builder to focus on getting building built first if they have the materials already. I just started this game and I came to this topic because I dd a search on exactly the the topic poster wrote which is frustrating. I have like 5 buildings that never got done cause I was building roads and new projects and my builders automatically stop hammering and just sit on the roads waiting for stone. Completely kills the economy thinking things are getting built when all my builders are just sitting there with stone icon.

I had a question along these lines too. The in game description for laborers says I should 'highlight' what I want them to work on and they will move there automatically? I don't see anything in game that gives me the ability to highlight a building or something so my builders will finish that project first before anything else.

I kind of see though I guess I will have to pay attention to amount of builders I have and just lay down like 5 less roads then that amount of builders so they will finish a building first. I agree with the topic poster that this seems like more micro management then allowing either for them to be change to focus on building with materials built first or a toggle on the laborers of choice to tell them to be builder's first (if they have the materials already and just waiting to be hammered) then road layers.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 23 Apr 2015, 09:15

I had a question along these lines too. The in game description for laborers says I should 'highlight' what I want them to work on and they will move there automatically?
It means, that when you put a plan (road, field or building), your labourer would go there by himself and dig it. When there are resources placed on building site he will go and hammer that building. You don't need to click on your builder and send him in particular place.

You were saying, that you have 5 houses at the same time that are not done. Simply make less plans at once 2-3 max. Let some of your worker dig new plans, while others dig roads to places you want to build something next. When you see there are materials on building site, make less roads (or don't make any, depends on amount of labourers you have atm) and let builders focus on hammering a house. That's micro, you will learn it :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Post 23 Apr 2015, 09:22

Well I just watched Ben's video and that makes sense but I usually was buildings like 20 - 30 laborer's cause they were all just digging roads.

It seems to me though that laborers will stop hammering a building to lay roads though not like it is shown in the video. I had a building sitting there halfway built with full materials and all my laborers had left to sit on roads leaving it to be built after even my new projects and roads were built? I guess it's possible it didn't have all the materials in it so they left to go work on roads but then it seems to of got pushed back to the end of the 'queue' even though it just need a few more hammering's.
<<

Post 23 Apr 2015, 09:26

I had a question along these lines too. The in game description for laborers says I should 'highlight' what I want them to work on and they will move there automatically?
It means, that when you put a plan (road, field or building), your labourer would go there by himself and dig it. When there are resources placed on building site he will go and hammer that building. You don't need to click on your builder and send him in particular place.
Thanks for super quick reply. Didn't know if I would even have the question answered on such an old game :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 23 Apr 2015, 09:42

Well, as you can see the community is more or less still active :) If you have any other questions that you won't find via search, then feel free to ask :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”