Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Design

<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Jan 2014, 15:25

Design

When i scolled a little bit in the old ideas of Knights and Merchants i found this picture. Maybe we could implement this in the game?! New medieval looking designs for the game would be nice, i think!
What do you think?
GR
MaxDeus

--> look here: http://www.knightsandmerchants.de/scree ... hot311.jpg
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Jan 2014, 16:11

Re: Design

That's a screenshot from the KaM TSK alpha (or is it beta?). Presumably they didn't have proper images yet so they used placeholders. I don't think they look nearly as nice as the images in KaM, some of them are even missing like the equip button in the barracks. We don't have these images alpha/beta images anyway, we only have what we decoded from the game files.

Here's what the KaM Remake used to look like in early development, I doubt anybody wants that style back:
http://www.kamremake.com/wp-content/upl ... _11_04.jpg

If anybody feels like making alternative skins for the game they are welcome to of course, you can export the images with F11 -> Export Data -> Resources -> GUIMain.rx which will save them in a folder Export.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 11 Jan 2014, 17:28

Nah comeon :mrgreen: The only thing, I like at that picture from the KaM Alpha is the high lacking of brightness :P We could use it today as a "night mode" in script or sth XDD but nothing else. That symbols don´t look medieval really, more like from the Stoneage :)
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Jan 2014, 17:38

I don´t know what you mean, but my idea was only to change the left sidebar (if you want) to have some more other looks.
It´s not necessary to take this design directly, maybe some different one. :)
GR
MaxDeus
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Jan 2014, 16:53

I don´t know what you mean, but my idea was only to change the left sidebar (if you want) to have some more other looks.
It´s not necessary to take this design directly, maybe some different one. :)
GR
MaxDeus
Forgive me for the semibumb, but Lewin was trying to say that you can try to make your own sidebar if you want. If you are not familiar with replacing images in KaM here is how you do it:
1) Follow Lewin's instructions on exporting resources: Press F11 -> Export Data -> Resources -> GUIMain.rx. This will export the GUI images.
2) Go to your export folder. It should be something like C:\KaMRemake\Export
3) Find the image you want to replace and note its name. For example, if you wanted to replace example.png, you'd need to copy the name "example" (actual names are more like "07124_1.png" or something ineligible like that)
4) Make an image with the photo editor of your choice and save it with the same exact name as the image you want to replace.
5) Make a folder in your main Remake directory called "Sprites"
6 Place your new image into the folder and you should be good to go :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 Jan 2014, 18:41

I guess you know that already Max, because I know you have some knowledge about those things. However I want to add that to Ben´s instruction:

NOTE(Specialy in Multiplayer): Only the player that has the changed files, will see them also. When you will place a snowwulf (XD) in the editor, only people with that object will see them. Same with changed "Menu" Layout.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”