Better way to use for the town hall

<<

Kras

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Nov 2013, 10:08

Better way to use for the town hall

Hello,

i know actual problems with the towns hall are that it could not be implemented in the remake because its too easy to create troops only with gold :|

I have a new idea, which is even more realistic than this one:
Sometimes there are villagers, which you dont need any more. Fishermen, miners, stonemasons or serfs, with no more work. You cant simply disappear them and they stay around useless all the time.

Just implent a function to "recruit" these people. Klick a recruit-button in the town hall menu and select villagers, you dont need any more. These went into the towns hall, and in addition with the gold prices, you can prepare them to soldiers :wink: .

Sure, the villagers arent recruits. But this fits with the weak soldiers, which are created with them.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Nov 2013, 11:05

Re: Better way to use for the town hall

Sorry to tell you that, but that doesn't make sense at all :mrgreen:

"Weak soldiers"?
A barbatian in tpr costs like 5 gold chests. That was too easy, why the th isn't implemented in the remake yet. After your idea, player could make barbarians with 6 gold :p Don't think if it does make sense, because instead of implementing that system, they could just change the costs +1(which is still cheap?).

I mean, every player is able to make 200 fishermen, even when he doesn't need them.
<<

MpranavM

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 27 Nov 2013, 11:10

even though people would recurit so many serfs and then they let the serfs go to the townhall and again it just cost 1-2 gold extra
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Nov 2013, 11:35

Yeah. You have foodproblems? Send hungry serfs to the TH. You get the strongest unit for free nearly and you havent to make food really .p Would break the kam system completely
<<

Storyteller

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Jan 2016, 08:53

i would think converting any other profession to a 'militia' would be not only reasonable, but thematic as well.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 19 Jan 2016, 09:16

Hello,
"I know actual problems with the towns hall are that it could not be implemented in the remake because its too easy to create troops only with gold :|"
Have you ever tried to make only goldchest? How much could you produce under 60PT? and under 90PT? have you ever tried the TH scripted maps? What if the Map has only 200goldore in the mountain? Then the TH is unplayable-->400goldchcest. minimum 140goldchest for the citizens ergo 360Gchest to the THunits.72barbs/warriors only(counted with 5 goldchest) under the whole game. With market usage it could be better of course, but it can not beat the "classical buildorder"(this word was used at market balancing (H) ).
i would think converting any other profession to a 'militia' would be not only reasonable, but thematic as well.
I support this kind of transforming idea. I had a sketch for the good town hall several month ago. (lots of idle labourers, serfs, miners etc transform to TH units would be great... other magical things could be good to implement it...)

But we all know the Remake is TSK remake :P :wink:
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Jan 2016, 16:21

I may be wrong, but I think that the sentence "Sure, the villagers arent recruits. But this fits with the weak soldiers, which are created with them" implies removing Warriors from the Town Hall..

Personally I too like the idea of recruiting unused civilians as Militia, and I think that with the right resources/time cost it could be not abusable.

I like the idea of the conversion needing food, an Axe, and some time... this way they would cost more than Barracks!Militia while still being a viable way to remove unused civilians.
By the way, it would also make it impossible to be abused by getting rid of starving serfs: if you had the food for the conversion then they wouldn't be starving in the first place.
What if the Map has only 200goldore in the mountain? Then the TH is unplayable-->400goldchcest. minimum 140goldchest for the citizens ergo 360Gchest to the THunits.72barbs/warriors only(counted with 5 goldchest) under the whole game.
52, actually.

400-140=260 :P
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 20 Jan 2016, 08:57

:O
yes, counting is not my strength :wink: I got these numbers from sado :mrgreen: trolololo
(anyway minimum +60 goldchests are given in the store usually at the start. But true the mistake is a mistake, and actually its mine. Thanks)

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”