Preventing opponent from building in your town

<<

The_King

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Oct 2013, 22:51

Preventing opponent from building in your town

Hello

I played 2 games today both of which were ruined because one of the opponents decided to send laborers right from the start and build iron mine foundations at the iron mountains in my area. This way I cannot build iron mines there because there is just that foundation thing already built there. [See image below]

This is a form of extreme trolling which really ruins the game.. I don't know what sort of people do this kind of crap.. what is in their head...

But anyway, can a way be implemented to prevent this? E.g. making it possible for my laborers to build in that place even if enemy has made iron mine.. like my laborers will just destroy that and make it. Or all teams start with 1 unit of militia which can be used to destroy such stuff even during Peacetime but he cannot attack units. These are just ideas that are coming to my mind, I'm sure there can be better ways as well :)

~ A storm is coming ~
<<

Styds

Post 20 Oct 2013, 23:13

Re: Preventing opponent from building in your town

I think They Should Make A Area Where Laborers Shouldnt build
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 23 Oct 2013, 08:43

What about making planned enemy buildings and roads (and dug grain fields...*) buildable upon?
Let's say the enemy planned iron mines and even dug their foundations at your location, like what happened in the game you told about.
Then, you can just plan and build your own buildings on top of them. The one that begins to be built first (resources are being brought or laborers started to work), which should be yours simply due to the fact you're closer, automatically cancels the enemy one.

If instead the enemy gets to actually finish building those mines in your base, he either is losing a lot of time and resources or has been so much faster than you that, in my opinion, he deserves to be able to deny you the iron.

*Maybe it could be made it so that a laborer that is digging the foundations for a building has to spend some extra time in order to "restore" the tile with an already dug grain field?
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

[HOJ] simke

Post 23 Oct 2013, 11:43

The thing is spamming laborers after 2 schools and going for enemy base with bloody diging corn fields , if u have 50 gold at start then u have 50 laborera u need 5-10 min to come in every place u want on the map... It's just ruining the game , you are dead , but the opponent can't play game any more .... Do you think i will be satisfied with an option that my opponent is destroying himself because of his own way of trolling? LOL, i can just quit then... because i can't do shit after he built graveyard in my base... Disabling building laborers outside the farm radius is i think the best option so far,,, unless territory is included in some sort of planing on maps....
<<

[HoJ]Styds

Post 23 Oct 2013, 11:51

What about if enemy build a iron mine we could just build road to it and out ppl will build it, or fields putting buildings on them will work?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Oct 2013, 15:36

Do you think i will be satisfied with an option that my opponent is destroying himself because of his own way of trolling? LOL, i can just quit then... because i can't do shit after he built graveyard in my base... .
Well said, Simke.

So far, I like Esthlos's idea the most, but not for fields. Restoring fields to regular ground is very bad imo. Maybe you can just build over enemy fields? Seems pretty inconsistent with the current game logic though...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 23 Oct 2013, 16:04

Do you think i will be satisfied with an option that my opponent is destroying himself because of his own way of trolling? LOL, i can just quit then... because i can't do shit after he built graveyard in my base... .
Well said, Simke.

So far, I like Esthlos's idea the most, but not for fields. Restoring fields to regular ground is very bad imo. Maybe you can just build over enemy fields? Seems pretty inconsistent with the current game logic though...
Maybe I didn't write it too well, but it was enemy fields I was referring to: the enemy digs a few fields in your town, then you just plan your own building on top of those tiles and your laborers build it as if there weren't enemy fields, maybe just spending a little extra time "re-digging" the tiles containing the enemy field.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Oct 2013, 16:51

No, you were fine explaining :)

It's just that your idea would be inconsistent with the game logic: Why would you be able to build on top of fields dug by the enemy and not your own?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 23 Oct 2013, 23:16

Why would you be able to build on top of fields dug by the enemy and not your own?
For the same reason you can use your enemies' roads as if they were yours but not their grain fields, I guess :P (H) :mrgreen:
<<

The_King

Blacksmith

Post 24 Oct 2013, 19:35

Why would you be able to build on top of fields dug by the enemy and not your own?
For the same reason you can use your enemies' roads as if they were yours but not their grain fields, I guess :P (H) :mrgreen:
LOL .. Esthlos you made my day :DDDDD .. gg ! But yes I agree with Ben that building on top of fields doesn't make sense in the KAM game logic. However, to be able to remove it somehow should be an option and lets think about it (other than building road on it).
~ A storm is coming ~
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Oct 2013, 20:34

*Offtopic: There is someone using the patent reserved © Pawel95-LightGreen ℗ Color without my permission :P So its not me
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Oct 2013, 04:50

Nice try, but you are wrong: You are able to use their grain fields.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 25 Oct 2013, 08:03

Nice try, but you are wrong: You are able to use their grain fields.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :O
Last time I tried I couldn't! :@
Trying with a test map...

Anyway, the emoticons were there because I wasn't actually making a serious point... I too do think you made a good point in saying that grain fields shouldn't be treated differently depending on the "owner", and wanted to point out that as far as I knew they are (were?) already treated differently.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 25 Oct 2013, 08:11

Trying with a test map...
It works. It seems I've been replanting grain fields for no reason. :'( :$
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Oct 2013, 08:26

hehehe now you learned something new! hurray! :mrgreen:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”