unbuildable tile

<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Oct 2013, 14:13

unbuildable tile

Hey,

In the map editor there is this option to make a tile un-walkable on purpose. Could it be implemented to make this option but than it would make tiles un-buildable (but walkable) ?

I was making a SP mission where the AI should build there own town but the problem is that they build all over the place, with a option like 'this tile is walkable but not buildable' that would be solved.
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 08 Oct 2013, 15:29

Re: unbuildable tile

For people who write scripts, is it possible to block building on certain tiles with a script ? if yes, could you help me with my map :$ ?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Oct 2013, 10:58

If you want to let AI build its town the way you want - then you should probably just build that town for him ;)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 15 Oct 2013, 08:06

Could be but, i was (trying) to make a map which could be played with 4 players and each start location could be either a real player or a AI player.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Oct 2013, 13:46

Hey, You asked me via pm if it is possible to script a mission to make that unbuildabe tiles, i won´t say yes or not, because I don´t spend that many time at scripting/programming these days, I think rather not. However like Krom already said you can build the town for them. Sure I understand that you don´t want a finished city at the begin of the game.
So YES :mrgreen: it´s possible to script that the will place certain buildings after a certain time :D

When you want to see how that would look like, just play the nice Fan made Campaign of VAS "Federation of Neryvn" that is automaticly installed at the Remake. I think it was Mission 6. (You have to fight against the patrol so your ally starts to dig you free of stone and starts making buildings at certain places (!When you place at that places, the ally will stop to build, because he can´t build there!)) :D

When you like that way, I could also do similar things for your map, sth like letting ai build at exact coord.s isn´t really hard :-)
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 15 Oct 2013, 15:16

I did PM you because last time you helped me you said that if i wish to add a script to a certain map again i could just PM you, so i did :P.

A few days ago I played LAN with 2 of my friends and we had a hard time finding a good 3 player map (1 vs 1 vs 1). So I opened the map 'Besieged' in the map editor because I thought that it would be a nice map to have a AI playing in it (defenses are already set).

I slightly changed the map so that in every corner a AI could be placed without having a disadvantage, only thing left is the building problem. The thing is that the AI just keeps building farms and woodcutters and more farms and woodcutters all over the map. So if I or we could script each AI to build at certain locations that would finish the map.

When finished we would have a map which could be played with either 4 players, 3 players 1 AI, 2 players 2 AI or 1 player and 3 AI's. Shortly a singleplayer, co-op and multiplayer map in 1.

I'll upload the map after asking permission of the original maker of the map, otherwise i'll keep it to myself.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”