Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Sep 2013, 13:26

player ranking?

Hello KaM fans,
I have an ixea for multiplayer.
What about a score system?
Let me explain, everyone starts with 0 points on the game. After each game the computer will add points toyour score like 100 points for each win and 0 for each lose.
And if the enemy from you quit the game he automaticaly get 0 points and you if it is 1v1 gameplay you win automaticaly.
If you are with more players you can countinue playing if you want or quit and get 0 points.
So you can also see now the skill level of players by looking to their scores.
I hope it is a good idea and it is possible to make for the kamremake editors.
Thanks forreading Killer!! (H)
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 13 Sep 2013, 13:30

Re: player ranking?

Too abusable ;) Way too abusable.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Sep 2013, 14:45

A fully working account system will be better than this. A ladder system is often part of that.

I think accounts would be a great addition to KaMRemake which will allow more possibilities and possibly attract more players.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 13 Sep 2013, 15:15

A account system would be nice but the ranking system you describe would be rubbish :P Also i understood earlier that implementing a account system was a lot of work and the developers would look after that at another time.

If a account system/ranking system would be implemented i think it's better to rank a player to the amount of games he won.

1 game played / 1 win = 100 points
10 games played / 8 wins = 80 points
40 games played / 38 wins = 95 points
384 games played / 217 wins = 56.5 points

This way losing a game would cause your score to lower also clans can demand a certain score before they let a member join the clan. That kind of stuff would make the game even more competitive.
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2013, 15:22

Wolf, I don't like your idea either :D You know, that's because you can be in a shit team while you are a good player, but nobody can win 1v4 against good players. Actually I don't have any sorts of good ideas to make a ranklist for the Remake that stays "fair" and correct either.

<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 13 Sep 2013, 15:56

I prefer such a kind of system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system (probably simplified once we are gonna implement it, but still),
And yes Bence you can have a shitteam, but on average it should be around equal and if you are better you should be able to slowly climb (you do state a problem, but is that a reason to put this idea down right away?)
What is a good reason to put this idea down do is some right issues with getting accounts or something like that I heard on the road, I'm convinced once (if) we get accounts, a ranking will be made as well (or am I wrong? :P)
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2013, 16:00

I wonder why people even care about a ranking. You'll get good players with a bad ranking due to bad luck with allies (leavers/people with less skills than the average noob). A ranking system won't give an good indication really.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2013, 16:18

Indeed. And actually, there will always be a player that'll be capable to beat you ;) Although not in the line of randoms :lol: (no offense :D)

It always makes me smile when some random guy is "bragging" (well, in a quote sign because to brag you need to achieve something valuable or worthy first) about him being a good player, then he is barely having 30 soldiers on peacetime including militia.

Nowadays skill is determined by the good players, and I think Maths won't tell who is better than who. Gameplay will ;)

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Sep 2013, 16:54

I don't think rankings are something important, but if you really have to... We could calculate 3 values after each game:
-military rating - something like: the amount and quality of army produced, divided by PT. Of course, it might need some tweaking, so it's fair to compare different peacetimes, and different army types.
-tactical rating - it would indicate how well did the player use his soldiers, might be just [military rating value] divided by [number of kills, maybe taking notice of the quality of troops killed]
-economical rating - amount of stuff produced, we need to somehow calculate which kinds of wares are more difficult to make.
Then we can take an average of all army values a player ever had (maybe without 3 best and 3 worst ones), same for two other types. Finally we take an "overall" average. So each player would have 3+1 value to compare to the other players.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Sep 2013, 17:53

Good ranking systems are really hard to build. I'd just prefer a normal account system with it's benefits, not even a ranking.

However, IF a ranking is ever implemented, I'd suggest player are scoring points during the game. That way, if you have a bad team, you're still scoring points
by building a large village (lots of resources), training strong units and maybe even butcher a fair number of enemies before you go down.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2013, 19:21

Well, Tom. The problem with going 1v2-3 (or against even more players) is that there are multiple cases when you don't fight against people 1v1. And a far bigger army will lose far less troops against you, so butchering will be pretty hard. Well, camping is another story (see NI vs RA-1 maybe? :D).

Anyway, sado's idea seems pretty nice. Altho why would we divide a small number with a big one?
might be just [military rating value] divided by [number of kills, maybe taking notice of the quality of troops killed]
Rather multiply imo ;D

<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 14 Sep 2013, 03:51

Standard Rankings don't fit this game -> Lady Algebra is well known for being easy to abuse.(H)

For KaM, if you want a general idea of someone's level... you need to ask people around who has played with him.
I'd say for this game there are 4 tier of players... like A,B,C,D (D is weakest).

But if someone finds this enjoyable to rate... first gather your knowledge and elaborate a new post trying to set common features for each type of player, then you get the first KaM Skilltionary.

I guess any veteran could write a sketch and then we all players "correct/expand it" adding details, etc.
Easy to write, and with some technical value (to make balanced teams in lobby).

Would this satisfy you my dear Killer? :D
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Sep 2013, 08:15

For me absolute not counting players rankings...
Just please dont leave the game, dont be lagger, dont be farmer and try to make army also!
It is a simply rule.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 14 Sep 2013, 09:18

Ranking system would be like "oh you're a low rank, I just kick you".
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 14 Sep 2013, 13:31

Ranking system would be like "oh you're a low rank, I just kick you".
good that you say that, people won't like to team up with a low rank.
i don't care about low rank or not, but some players do (i am bad :P maybe that's why)
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”