Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

A new crafting building for the units from the town hall

<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 10 Jul 2013, 07:56

Re: A new crafting building for the units from the town hall

Are the stats of those units at this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_an ... _Rebellion true? Some TPR units are stronger in some way and the stats between the barbarian and Warriar are different.

Also i think that the sling cannot make out wood. First you can make easily an army to make only a woodproduction (milita, rebel and rogue). But leather would be too expensive for the rogue because you already have wood so you can also make a bowman. I think 2 straw for a sling is good but i think that is also very cheap to make. :? But this will cost you another building and space. It could also be only skin... it will skip the tannery.
<<

Menszu

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 10 Jul 2013, 08:19

MAking it out of leather or straw is obviously more realistic. But this could require giving the new proposed workshop the third ware. Also:
- grain output is already diversificated enough.
- leather would require another distribution slider in the interface, not to mention slinger is not worth it - I'd make leather armour instead - always. Have you experienced slingers vs bowman duels using micro?
- rew swine hide is obviously even worse since it gives 2 leather after quick processing

I also don't like it, but wood seems most consistent with KaM economy.
Of course we could just ignore the slinger becouse of those problems, but adding back warrior, vagabond and rebel, and leaving him behind would break my heart.
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Jul 2013, 11:23

No Islar. There isn't a percentage value of defence.
And I think corn isn't an option to be the price either, no-one ever will make it.

Menszu, a warrior with 3 defence points... clear counter to horses as well I think, even if he has only 3 hp. Atm they are already vulnerable to arrows, since they only have 2 defence, so they are just as good as scouts were before the shield patch (at withstanding arrow/bolt fire).
how about just giving him strength of a swordman when it comes to hiting
Warriors and Barbarians both have 75 attack power, swordfighters (and knights also) have 55, so that would be a nerf, not a buff. And I think they are already a counter to swordfighters (not a clear counter to knights tho), if you think about it, they have 4 hp, their chance of damaging a swordfighter (or a knight) by 1 strike is 25% (75/3=25). A swordfighter has 3 hp (a knight 4, obviously), his (and the knights' as well) chance of damaging the barb/warrior is 27,5% (55/2=27,5). But since the barb has more hp, he has a higher chance to regenerate health points (as he has "more to lose"), this way he wins against a swordfighter 1v1 with more than 50% chance. Barb/Warrior vs Knight is just random (a bit less than 50% for barbs I think), as you know after this little info I guess :D
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Menszu

Vagabond

Post 10 Jul 2013, 12:09

I'm aware of all of it. That's right, I proposed nerfing him, and specializing against melee. This weay we can keep a reasonable price of no more than 2 iron per axe.

He'll be cuting throught infrantry as long as they don't have heavy missle support, this way we make him unique and I thought our main goal with this unit was a counter to swordfighters. The way they are in vanilla they'd have to be ridiculously expensive for the gear they have, they shouldn't be that dangerous against knights.
The main point is nerfing their ubersoldier HP. Let's leave it to barbarians... after all they are uber-men from the frozen north, but if we can train warriors as normal unit, I don't see the reason for him having bonus HP. Nor for gameplay, nor flavour reasons.

I guess the best use for the warrior I propose is using him mixed with swordsman. This way half the arrowfire goes against shielded soldiers, yet the unit would have some really superior pounch fighting other foot soldiers.
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 10 Jul 2013, 16:27

I think I have analysed the building enougth now, to get that style. I will try it again now. (With a completly new building(hoply in KaM Style and made by hand without graphics of other buidings :D, just using the real colors)). ;)

BTW: Should I upload the delivery holding a pitchfork and walking with it in every direction?
When we only want to make that with wood it can be crafted in the normal weapon workshop. And maybe the axes in the new building.
And I have made every needed graphic for that recource by using the delivery holding a speer. So it will be easy for programming the animation because you just have to use the settings of the speer. :)
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Jul 2013, 16:39

Let us know how you're doing work :)
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 10 Jul 2013, 17:39

To make nothing wrong now I will work with "Paint.Net" to get no smothed colors. And I will use that red lines. :D
And a Color table I made now, for all the colors of buildings in KaM.
Here is the color table I made:

Maybe this can help someone else, too. ;)

And now I will take a look on the heights, to get a real sized buiding. :P

:)
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Jul 2013, 17:50

wow, it gets interesting:) If for you it's no problem to make new graphics, you can create the missing sprites? For example, the trees that could be cut, a stonemason who booty stone on the right, left, top (now works only from below ...). Would you give to do it? :P
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 10 Jul 2013, 17:54

wow, it gets interesting:) If for you it's no problem to make new graphics, you can create the missing sprites? For example, the trees that could be cut, a stonemason who booty stone on the right, left, top (now works only from below ...). Would you give to do it? :P

Sure could try that later, but at this moment I have not so much time. I have to work 8-10 hours a day and I am playing drums in 2 bands. And in some month I will study computer science, to develop games than. :D

But I think I will find time for that. Its a great training for graphic design. ;)
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 11 Jul 2013, 09:24

Looks awesome and I think that it would be the best way to implement the warrior and the rebel.

Only thing left bugging me is the name of these units.. Practically every trained unit is a 'warrior' so in my opinion I think 'Marauder' would be a name more fit for this unit, agree/disagree ?

I would classify the 'rebel' also as 'militia', since they both doesn't look very trained and are more like "here have a weapon and get killed" :P , Anyone who has a better idea or leave it as 'rebel' ?

just speaking(typing) my mind here~
Last edited by WhiteWolf on 11 Jul 2013, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 11 Jul 2013, 12:50

Wow Dreamkiller! I am very impressed by this, good job and keep at it!
<<

Roastix

Laborer

Post 20 Jan 2015, 19:25

Hey Dreamkiller, i really like this idea. But considering the last post was from July 2013 i was wondering if you are still working on this idea?

If you are still working on it, i really hope Lewin & Krom use your creation.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Jan 2015, 22:33

Alas, Dreamkiller is no longer active. It's a shame. He was such a nice guy.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 21 Jan 2015, 08:26

I mean using the weaponsmither, but I made animations for him working in my buiding. ;) :D
Would be cool when you can help me with the shadows and with the animation of the delivery person with a barbarian axe in his hand. :)
Doesn´t matter for me in first moment if there is a way to implement it or not, because like I said I dont like the idea "Deleting one thing and implementing a new one" in general. However you could contact me here on forum and give me your mail/skype/msn adres, i think sth like serfs delivering the axe or the shadow could be done in my free time, when you want :-)
I know it's a lot of work, but what if everything was added so people can choose what to use in their own maps.
The new building and the new units could open more possibilities for map makers.
Offcourse the TSK and TPR campgaign is up to the devs.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Jan 2015, 10:57

Since Krom and Lewin want to keep single player and multiplayer consistent with each other (a decision I never liked :P) that won't simply happen...

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”