Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Return of TPR Units

<<

ammo1369

Post 11 Jun 2013, 16:58

Return of TPR Units

Hello!
I have read a ton of threads, both english and polish about implementing back the town hall. I read this whole idea of it being "unrealistic" and for this reason being deleted. My proposal is to leave the Town Hall gone, but implement the units from it back to the remake. In my opinion it is unfair deleting the building, with the units gone as well.

My idea would be to recruit these units in the barracks where all units are made. Instead of making a mess of things and making sprites, new weapons and combinations, I suppose you could do the following to recruit them:

Barbarians-2 axes & sword + recruit
Warriors- 2 axes & sword & armour + recruit (Obviously the defence stat would have to increase for the sake of it)
Rogue- Bow + rectuit
Rebels - Lance + Recruit
Vagabond - Axe & Horse + Recruit

Before you start to go all realistic, think about how these units will be mass produced and their weaknesses. Also think about how much materials will have to be put to make them. Either way these units were implemented for special occasions.

I started with a simple idea, I am sure that all people interested will work with me to make up the realistic views and keep it up to standard, but if lewin and krom, along with other creators of this wonderful mod will cross out every single idea related to this topic and hope that no one will ever mention it, you will be mistaken as there are still people who want these units, not the town hall. If this idea will not work with multiplayer, how about we just give it a try in single player mode.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 11 Jun 2013, 17:05

Re: Return of TPR Units

but if lewin and krom [...] will cross out every single idea related to this topic and hope that no one will ever mention it, you will be mistaken
You're mistaken if you think that's how they settle this ;)
<<

ammo1369`

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 11 Jun 2013, 17:20

I am new to this forum, I guess I would be if I wouldn't be reading ideas which don't get involved in the game. I just think that if we can start with a simple undeveloped idea we can finished with a good game to play :) Not to mention that the whole mod is still in development.

Sorry about that, did not activate my account.
Last edited by ammo1369` on 13 Sep 2021, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed the accidental guest post :)
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 11 Jun 2013, 17:23

I hate to not contribute to your idea - but if you want to evolve this topic, please post inside the thread on this topic. :)

Spreading the ideas does not help to develop them. People get tired of repeating their ideas in every single thread.
<<

ammo1369`

Peasant

Post 11 Jun 2013, 17:28

I know and I am sorry, but the thing is that I am tired of searching throughout the forums and Google, just to play the mod with the opportunity to recruit these units:)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Jun 2013, 17:38

I am sorry if i give you a false sense of hope here, but i think making tpr units might be possible using dynamic scripting althought it will not look very natural.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

ammo1369`

Peasant

Post 11 Jun 2013, 17:45

Making them recruit able in game? Any way will do as long as I could:)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 11 Jun 2013, 18:15

Well then you have to ask the developers if it is possible, but renember it will only work with maps that have the script included.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

ammo1369`

Peasant

Post 11 Jun 2013, 22:15

Thank you! :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 11 Jun 2013, 22:29

Do not thank me yet, we need to know if this is possible and if it is i am unable ot make any scripts, so yuo need to either make it yourself (with help maybe) or ask a skilled scripter nicely to do it for you.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 12 Jun 2013, 05:24

Given existing dynamic scripts state there's no way to emulate the TownHall functionality.

1. You need player to be able to bring the gold someplace and take it from there (how and where?)
2. You need to know which unit player wants to buy (how?)
3. You need to give that unit to the player (easy)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Islar

Pikeman

Post 12 Jun 2013, 16:58

Hi

is it possible to not use the recruts to arm those TPR units but arm the villagers instead. Like the rebel like the most at the animal breeder, and the Barbarian looks like the Carpenter ect. Those units will be replace by (idle) villagers, or to make fast army because a enemy is approaching and you need more army.

Do you like those ideas?

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”