Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Unlimited resources

<<

Post 14 Dec 2012, 20:30

Re: Unlimited resources

Hey guys,

any progress with this?

Still waiting to build my perfect city that never runs out of stuff! (yes, the mode should include stone and fish :))
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Dec 2012, 20:34

For now, use the marketplace. Make sure that you have lots of woodcutters, then trade your wooden weapons (which are worth a lot!) for nonrenewable resources. If your serfs keep bringing the weapons to the barracks, toggle the "delivery of wears" off.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Czacki

Post 21 Dec 2012, 16:37

Well, it doesn't permit to build a perfect city, but thanks for the tip :)
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Feb 2013, 15:40

I know this discussion is practically dead, but just to revive this: I think it would be a cool option to have in SP (and MP - if set in the lobby). You could simply make a button in the store house, like this:
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Feb 2013, 05:45

Current maximum, iirc, is 65535 which is quite infinite in KaM terms ;)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Feb 2013, 06:30

Current maximum, iirc, is 65535 which is quite infinite in KaM terms ;)
I think he means there should be a way to make resources "free" so it is like your storehouse has an infinite amount of each resource in it. There's already a cheat code to do that, and cheating methods should NOT be displayed openly like in your screenshot.

The original purpose of this topic was to make mines not deplete, and that could be done with a mutator.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 06 Feb 2013, 15:53

(...)
I think he means there should be a way to make resources "free" so it is like your storehouse has an infinite amount of each resource in it. There's already a cheat code to do that, and cheating methods should NOT be displayed openly like in your screenshot.

The original purpose of this topic was to make mines not deplete, and that could be done with a mutator.
Fair enough.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Czacki

Post 12 Jan 2014, 12:21

Hello :)

Just doing my once-per-X-months check on the matter :)

Any progress? :)
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 12 Jan 2014, 12:47

Maybe you can make some maps where you can build free, like in other games or in the town tutorial, where you can build in 30 minutes everything, or can play 5 hours without producing weapons.
And maybe you can put news inside, where you can choose when you will be attacked (for example after every hour). then the enemy gets troops and try to defeat you. What about that?
GR
MaxDeus
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

CuDi

Scout

Post 16 Jan 2014, 08:44

I think this is a pretty cool idea. Maybe it could be implemented as a sort of 'game mode' or something? (Not necessarily a difficulty seeing as though that idea was tossed out.) For example, when you've selected your map/campaign you can select an option that will say something like "Unlimited Resources". This could even be broadened to include more options that could potentially be included whether you as the developers come up with the idea or somebody suggests it. For example:
[X] Unlimited Resources
[X] Double Army Sizes (Increasing amount of AI soldiers there are at the start and adding additional defense positions. This of course would require maps to all have an alternate version most likely where this change has been included, and would require mappers to redo this for their maps that have already been added to the game, which could prove to be too much work for this minor suggestion.)
[----....] 60 minute peace time ("-'s" being a sliding bar just like the one for multiplayer and the ".'s" being the rest of that bar that can still be adjusted to)
These are just a few examples that came to mind off the top of my head. Little tweaks like this that can make for fun and altered gameplay for missions that you wished were more difficult or had more resources to build a large city. Hell, this could be a completely different "Single Player" option. You've got your Town Tutorial, Battle Tutorial, Campaigns, Single Maps, and then just before the Load Saved Game option you could Squeeze in a "Game mode" where you can adjust and play with the parameters listed above.

I could just be getting a little carried away too, heh.
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 16 Jan 2014, 10:31

Or it could be choosed when you make a new map. In the mapeditor can be a menu like this, and when you start the map you see, that there are unlimited res.
GR
MaxDeus
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 16 Jan 2014, 10:47

@MaxDeus: Simply setting resources to 65'000 in MapEditor is pretty much the same - unlimited.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 16 Jan 2014, 10:53

But if you have the res direct in the townhall, the fun is away. But if you need to fight for coal, and iron to make better troops for example, then it would be better. Of course if you have the normal maps it is very boring to play them with unlimited res. But if you have other maps, and believe me there will be mapmakers to make this, there would be another sort of maps to play on. I think dynamic sripting is nothing else, the only problem is, that this would affect more than one map. Most important if it would be implemented is, that you see what map has got unlimited res. And maybe it shall not be possible to change old maps...
GR
MaxDeus
<<

Czacki

Post 02 Feb 2014, 19:53

Fighting for resources may be a source of joy if you're into a competitive game with a human being. But if you want just to build stuff for the joy of watching your town.. naaah.

Maybe I should simply edit all the current campaign maps and make some absurd amount of resources available at the "spots"? never tried the map editor.. can I even modify the campaign maps with it?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Feb 2014, 04:42

Fighting for resources may be a source of joy if you're into a competitive game with a human being. But if you want just to build stuff for the joy of watching your town.. naaah.

Maybe I should simply edit all the current campaign maps and make some absurd amount of resources available at the "spots"? never tried the map editor.. can I even modify the campaign maps with it?
You can only use the map editor to edit maps in the Maps folder, so you will first have to copy the campaign maps there. Go to the folder "Campaigns\The Shattered Kingdom" and copy all the folders there to the Maps folder. Then you can edit them in the Map Editor and play them from the single maps menu (or copy them back to the campaign folder if you prefer).

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”