Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer mutators

<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Dec 2012, 20:12

Re: Multiplayer mutators

What if you could set a locked speed in the lobby? Like with a slider maybe? So you can play at your own pace? I know you are already thinking about it, but I do not know how you wanted to implement them.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 21 Dec 2012, 05:08

What if you could set a locked speed in the lobby? Like with a slider maybe? So you can play at your own pace? I know you are already thinking about it, but I do not know how you wanted to implement them.
That is the plan, but probably with two sliders for speed before and after peacetime (some people might like faster building speed and normal fighting speed).
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 21 Dec 2012, 10:43

That is the plan, but probably with two sliders for speed before and after peacetime (some people might like faster building speed and normal fighting speed).
Oh that's really cool.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 21 May 2013, 15:18

I had an idea few days ago. What if we completely scrap the current idea of mutators, and just implement them as... generic scripts which can work regardless of the map played? This idea struck me when I was making fog of war script, I saw that it works without any changes on other fighting maps (the I := 0 to 7 loop works even on maps with smaller player number), I remembered the Slow Start script was exactly the same thing. I think that many simpler scripts could be used regardless of the map, in fact most of ideas people had for mutators, could probably implemented that way. The host would just choose the mutator(s?) in the lobby. Now, an important question: would that be possible, for 2 or more scripts (mutators) to work at the same time?
<<

MpranavM

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 01 Dec 2013, 09:09

When will these mutators be implemented ?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 01 Dec 2013, 12:30

When will these mutators be implemented ?
These were some ideas from the community, which mutators should be implemented. IF and WHEN the mutators will be implemented, I don´t know. The Reamek team has more important things to fix/do right now, then implementing just many mutators and having later on problems, to fix bugs, caused by these mutators :mrgreen:
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 01 Dec 2013, 13:21

Speaking from myself - I thought mutators were a good idea, but seeing this topic discussion and how even smallest options divide community I think mutators are not going to work and time we spend on them will be a waste and will divide community even more.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Dec 2013, 15:54

Well said, Krom.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 01 Dec 2013, 16:23

agreed, and we can always make variety using dynamic scripts.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 01 Dec 2013, 18:11

- Tower limit ( 0..X or Non ) ( X defined in map.txt or smth )
- Speedup slider for peace (max 3x)
- Speedup slider for war (max 3x)
- Minerals (4 options: Small - Normal - Huge - Endless )( slider)(fishes included) - stone normal but for huge/endless stonemason should bring 5 stones not 3 ( or just slower stones exhaustion ).
- Hungry (3 options: Normal - Longlife - Endless )( slider )
This should be default mutators.
Imo it will atract new players who do not know anything about hunger or fast minerals exhaust in RTS games.
Speedup slider is necessary coz normal KaM match lasts 2 hours , today not everyone has that amount of time to spend :)
We could set and lock the specific mutators settings in server(depends on server - lock or not)) - it will reduce community divide level.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”