Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

What about the proposals on page 174?
<<

Ben

Prince Lothar

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 01 Dec 2017, 01:17

K@T wrote:What about the proposals on page 174?

Your other proposals have been brought up before. Both times declined by the original creators of KaM Remake. They wished to keep the game simple, with less UI clutter. However, the new developer, Ray Rey, is much less concerned with adding to the game. So there is hope yet for your ideas.
Last edited by Ben on 02 Dec 2017, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "Rey" not "Ray"
Liberté, Égalité, KaM
<<

Rey

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Dec 2017, 00:51

K@T wrote:1) Can you add information that the building is closed? Sometimes the building closes for economic reasons, and later it forgets about it and the production stands.

There was an idea about it, smth like house tablets (see attachmenent).
What about empty house then ? Or Closed for worker (new feature)? Can we put all that info into 1 tablet somehow?
It could be nice and really helpful, but at the other side - too many tablets could spoil UI a lot.
As an option I could suggest to show them on some UI event - button on stats menu or when stats menu are opened
K@T wrote:2) Is it possible to add a "stop building" button in buildings, so that the builders go to build another building?

I think you want to avoid situation, when you have 3 almost finished buildings and its obviously better to finish them 1 by 1.
It better to fix it via better delivery policy. Just give almost ginished building higher priority in delivery and that is all
K@T wrote:3) Is it possible to do that when we demolish the building, we get half the material? It would be a helpful example when there is no material for the stonemason.

Its known idea, as well as getting stone from roads. I think we can leave it as it is for now. May be one day in future...
Ben wrote:However, the new developer, Ray, is much less concerned with adding to the game. So there is hope yet for your ideas.

My nickname is Rey, Ben :wink:
And yes, hope will never die :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Prince Lothar

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 02 Dec 2017, 04:31

Rey wrote:My nickname is Rey, Ben :wink:

Sorry, both spellings of that name are used in The States. My mistake.

This might not be the topic to say this in, but I do implore you to be conservative with your additions to the Remake. You can always add new features later. It's very hard to take them back out without causing an uproar. Remember that KaM is meant to be an indirect-control city builder ;)
Liberté, Égalité, KaM
<<

Rey

Pikeman

Post 02 Dec 2017, 08:11

It's very hard to take them back out without causing an uproar.

I would say its just impossible.
No worries, I am not going to make Warcraft version of KMR.
But still, some reasonable city management is ok from my point of view, f.e. new resource 'take out' feature for houses.
<<

K@T

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Dec 2017, 20:13

Is it possible to add a pause during a multiplayer game?
<<

Rey

Pikeman

Post 06 Dec 2017, 20:50

Its a good idea and it is in my ToDo list. But it looks like I will not have time for it now (for next release)
You can still use Back To Lobby feature, as many people do, just before end of PT, f.e. That is why this feature will have lower priority, then others.
Previous

Return to Ideas / Suggestions