Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Nov 2013, 02:46

Re: Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

Thanks TianK, using the replay I was able to reproduce the crash and fix it :) That bug also exists in r5503, but it's quite rare.

Andreus wasn't quite right, but he was close. The serf wasn't killed, it was inside the weapon's workshop collecting an axe to take to the barracks. The barracks was destroyed at the right moment to confuse the serf and make him crash the game.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Nov 2013, 05:14

"The serf was inside the weapon's workshop collecting an axe to take to the barracks. The barracks was destroyed at the right moment to confuse the serf and make him crash the game WITH THAT AXE!!" I can almost depict that in my mind :D
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Nov 2013, 07:28

LOL :D

First time I watched "autosave" replay, not "crashreport". The way to barracks was blocked by enemy soldiers and some serves have chosen another way. Some were killed, that's why I decided it was dying serf ;)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 29 Nov 2013, 08:21

Thanks TianK, using the replay I was able to reproduce the crash and fix it :) That bug also exists in r5503, but it's quite rare.

Andreus wasn't quite right, but he was close. The serf wasn't killed, it was inside the weapon's workshop collecting an axe to take to the barracks. The barracks was destroyed at the right moment to confuse the serf and make him crash the game.
Isn't it possible to change the behiour of serfs, when the barracks would be destroyed and the storehouse blocks axes, that serfs will just drop the axe? Like they do with stones and wood, when a building in progress get destroyed? It fits more in the idea topic, but when you already mentioned it XD
In general, I just want to ask if its possible to "increase the frequency of serfs brain" :D
One example: serf is bringing a swine into the butcherhouse, exactly in that moment the butcher have 3 sausages finished. 3 free serfs from the other side of the city start to walk for these sausages. It would be much more efficient, when the outcoming serf would go back to that 1 tile close sausage and the serf at the other side of the City would abort/stop that task.
Last edited by pawel95 on 29 Nov 2013, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Nov 2013, 08:31

Isn't it possible to change the behiour of serfs, when the barracks would be destroyed and the storehouse blocks axes, that serfs will just drop the axe?
That's what they do, they will drop the axe if there's no where for it to go and they have already collected it.
In general, I just want to ask if its possible to "refresh the frequency of serfs brain" :D
One example: serf is bringing a swine into the butcherhouse, exactly in that moment the butcher have 3 sausages finished. 3 free serfs from the other side of the city start to walk for these sausages. It would be much more efficient, when the outcoming serf would go back to that 1 tile close sausage and the serf at the other side of the City would abort/stop that task.
I've had ideas to improve that for a while. However, we do not want serfs to abort tasks because that will look really bad to the player if serfs regularly start walking somewhere then stop again because some other serf took the job. A better solution would be for the serf taking the pig to the butcher to reserve one of the sausage for him to take out before he gets there (if he is close enough). Currently he only takes a sausage if nobody has claimed it at the moment he arrives at the house.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 29 Nov 2013, 08:53

@Pawel: That would require serfs brains to predict future ;) Which is whole new field we would not want to spend much of the time and effort required for a little gain it will bring.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

FransPhoenix

The Dukes of Burgundy Clan

Post 23 Dec 2013, 09:43

Personally, I enjoy how serfs sometimes act inefficient, because it requires the player to build a better structured town.
--- No player should have knights without pigs: "Young knights were trained to fight by mounting on piggybacks." ---
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 28 Dec 2013, 18:29

Not a bug found by me, but from the Russian Player Nacht(mahr).

Looks quite funny and never saw that in one of my games, but when it would happen often, that would be a little advantage in multiplayer missions :mrgreen:

Found by Nachtmahr
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 03 Jan 2014, 12:37

Not a bug found by me, but from the Russian Player Nacht(mahr).

Looks quite funny and never saw that in one of my games, but when it would happen often, that would be a little advantage in multiplayer missions :mrgreen:

Found by Nachtmahr
As I said in this other topic, this bug is now fixed :)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1988&p=34256#p34256
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Jan 2014, 12:46

MEGA, MEGA BUG:
I don't see ballista in remake !

:@
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 Jan 2014, 13:38

MEGA, MEGA BUG:

Haha the first good joke from Paker, in my opinion :D Yeah I miss them also quite a bit, specialy when I hear that TDL is crying at home, because he doesn´t know hot to transform TNL without those mighty balistas and catapults :mrgreen:
<<

Thomas

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 16 Jan 2014, 12:22

Just as reminder for the devs, is this already fixed?
Already some time ago we had an app crash in a lan game. Attached are the crashreport files. You should also get the error when proceeding the report after it's finished.
Hopefully it's helpful to fix the problem :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Jan 2014, 14:17

MEGA, MEGA BUG:

Haha the first good joke from Paker, in my opinion :D Yeah I miss them also quite a bit, specialy when I hear that TDL is crying at home, because he doesn´t know hot to transform TNL without those mighty balistas and catapults :mrgreen:
I don´t see the point.
Why have they been deleted from the game?
Ok they are op but you can only make weapons after pt and it will cost you 5 iron bars and 5 wood which you could much better use for other weapons...
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 16 Jan 2014, 14:46

MEGA, MEGA BUG:

I don´t see the point.
Why have they been deleted from the game?
Ok they are op but you can only make weapons after pt and it will cost you 5 iron bars and 5 wood which you could much better use for other weapons...
Noone understand thag. Please discuss about siege at an other topic than the bug topic
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Jan 2014, 17:38

Back on topic guys. I think it is safe to assume that Remake 2012 was making a joke. We had our laughs but let's keep the topic clean now, okay? :) More off topic posts will be deleted.
~Ben
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Bugs”