Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Jan 2012, 01:00

Re: Official KaM Remake r2736 Bugs topic

-There is no text description at the start of the mission (perhaps only missing in Dutch version?)
It's all versions, looks like an error loading the LIB file on the last string. Thanks for reporting.
-After you win the mission, and you click continue, you restart Mission 14 all over again. I don't think I can proceed the campaign.
TPR only has 14 missions :P
The idea was you could return to the campaign screen to replay any of the maps you like, but I agree it's a bit confusing. Here's the comment I found:
  Code:
//Even if the campaign is complete Player can now return to it's screen to replay any of the maps
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 17 Jan 2012, 06:15

Ah ok! Well too bad, I was just starting to enjoy it ;)

Gonna play through TSK once again then :)

Are there plans to include The New Lands in the Remake? Or can I just download it off The Dark Lord's site, put it in the right Remake folder and play it? I haven't a clue :)
<<

Thomas

Post 17 Jan 2012, 09:40

I had also just started playing through TSK. What I found out:

1) the AI is not really attacking in misstion 3 (combat mission)
2) in mission 4 I could attack the enemy at the bridge one by one, and he didn't defend with all his units (e.g. the archers)

And then, I don't know if it's the way it should work, but I figured out that the weapon maker is not making weapons one kind after another as in TPR (one axe, one lance, one longbow). He produces e.g. at first 5 lances, therafter 3 longbows and then 4 axes. Is this meant to be correct?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Jan 2012, 10:08

Are there plans to include The New Lands in the Remake? Or can I just download it off The Dark Lord's site, put it in the right Remake folder and play it? I haven't a clue :)
We're planning to add a campaigns menu like the single maps menu, and then we'll include The New Lands. (and probably others) For now you can load it the same way you would in KaM and it should work. But keep a backup of any files you overwrite and restore them when you've finished, otherwise the original campaign won't work anymore.
1) the AI is not really attacking in misstion 3 (combat mission)
2) in mission 4 I could attack the enemy at the bridge one by one, and he didn't defend with all his units (e.g. the archers)
Yeah the AI is incomplete and not functioning 100% correctly in singleplayer.
And then, I don't know if it's the way it should work, but I figured out that the weapon maker is not making weapons one kind after another as in TPR (one axe, one lance, one longbow). He produces e.g. at first 5 lances, therafter 3 longbows and then 4 axes. Is this meant to be correct?
In the Remake the AI randomly chooses between weapons to make. (so it's possible to choose the same weapon again) In KaM it is sequential as you described. After a while both give an even mix of weapons though so it doesn't matter.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 17 Jan 2012, 14:17

In the Remake the AI randomly chooses between weapons to make. (so it's possible to choose the same weapon again) In KaM it is sequential as you described. After a while both give an even mix of weapons though so it doesn't matter.
This is actually pretty annoying when trying to produce sword/axe fighters or scouts/knights.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 17 Jan 2012, 16:20

This is actually pretty annoying when trying to produce sword/axe fighters or scouts/knights.
I also think it should be sequencial again... many times you plan a building up strategy based on a Solid Rhythm.
Example: 10 axes/10 bows, instead of random 13 axes/7 bows -> Otherwise I have to check the Workshop each 5-10 minutes to reconfigure the production, which makes the gameplay more tedious.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Jan 2012, 23:01

I also think it should be sequencial again... many times you plan a building up strategy based on a Solid Rhythm.
Example: 10 axes/10 bows, instead of random 13 axes/7 bows -> Otherwise I have to check the Workshop each 5-10 minutes to reconfigure the production, which makes the gameplay more tedious.
I'll discuss it with Krom, I think you're right.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jan 2012, 04:15

This has probably already been proposed, but can a priority system be added?
If SWINE FARM CLOSER GETS a corn than it's priority goes down until it uses it; while SWINE FARM FARTHER stays at the same priority, until it gets a corn.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 19 Jan 2012, 04:51

This has probably already been proposed, but can a priority system be added?
If SWINE FARM CLOSER GETS a corn than it's priority goes down until it uses it; while SWINE FARM FARTHER stays at the same priority, until it gets a corn.
Yeah that's how it works at the moment. But it often doesn't appear that way because of delays (the serf takes the job then has to walk to the farm, which can take a few minutes, meaning the priorities are from a little while ago) Also, the closer swine farm often uses the corn immediately and thus the next bit also goes to him.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jan 2012, 17:57

Here is something that could be considered a bug. If a player chooses black for his color, he has a significant advantage in that his color is the exact same as the mini map's unexplored area. I use my peripheral vision to spot threats on the mini map. The Dark Lord has fooled me a few times with this (he is always black). Other times I've gotten close to being surprised because I didn't see the enemy coming, but I managed to catch just in the nick of time.
So why not change the black's mini map color to dark grey, like in the TSK campaign?
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 19 Jan 2012, 18:22

Use brown on TNP and you are able to sneak into an enemies base.
Right, Lewin, TDL?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jan 2012, 18:35

Actually, if there was a friend/foe options color for the mini map, than I'd use that.
(E.g. friends appear as yellow, and enemies appear as red.)
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 19 Jan 2012, 20:17

Actually, if there was a friend/foe options color for the mini map, than I'd use that.
(E.g. friends appear as yellow, and enemies appear as red.)
that sounds good...
<<

Garnu_Thorn

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Yahoo Messenger: garnuthorn

Post 19 Jan 2012, 22:13

There is a minor problem about laborers building the same building, and rather, not the idea that sometimes they block building resources from still being delivered but....

When you have enough laborers to quickly build up a town, at the same site, some laborers choose that they want to start or change their to build spot for a building to the same location as where another laborer is currently building up the structure. It slows the building process up somewhat where the builder could rather choose a spot unoccupied or do something else. Sometimes when my focus is on one building, I'll have two or three laborers, waiting for the build spot to open up, wasting build time.

On a network note, I find it strange that when trying to start a map with real players, upon starting the game and finishing loading the map I sometimes get an error that the host server lost connection with me before I see the initial start location, the surrounds, and my building(s) and guys. It is a little unsettling when that happens, because there is no auto-reconnect and and everyone has to meet up again to try it again.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 20 Jan 2012, 00:16

Each map/position will have different colors that give you an advantage.
Green for grass
Yellow for desert
White/grey for snow
Blue for water
Black for the edges of unexplored
Brown for dirt
etc.
I don't like the idea of friend/foe colors, I like to see individual players. My only idea is to make the minimap colors flash or pulse slowly. (become brighter, then darker, then brighter, etc.) This would make them stand out no matter what color they are.
What do you think?
When you have enough laborers to quickly build up a town, at the same site, some laborers choose that they want to start or change their to build spot for a building to the same location as where another laborer is currently building up the structure. It slows the building process up somewhat where the builder could rather choose a spot unoccupied or do something else. Sometimes when my focus is on one building, I'll have two or three laborers, waiting for the build spot to open up, wasting build time.
Well maybe that part of the building needs hitting more than other parts? :P I don't think we'll change that, it's just the way KaM works.
On a network note, I find it strange that when trying to start a map with real players, upon starting the game and finishing loading the map I sometimes get an error that the host server lost connection with me before I see the initial start location, the surrounds, and my building(s) and guys. It is a little unsettling when that happens, because there is no auto-reconnect and and everyone has to meet up again to try it again.
That's a known bug. If loading takes >20 seconds you are kicked from the server. Loading will be about 3x faster in the next release so it won't be a problem unless you have a REALLY REALLY slow computer, although long term I'd like to "fix" this so the client keeps responding during loading, (threaded loading) or the server gives the client more than 20 seconds while they are loading.

Return to “Bugs”