Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Oct 2017, 17:59

Re: Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

Probably we have to restrict map image size to 1024*768 in Campaign Builder, as its our default supported resolution, but its just a CB...

Yes image is stretched, it is made not in Campaign builder, but in the game. I think its fine, as campaign maker has to use proper image and thi is just an util. Added short message, when image is too big ( > 1024*1024 )

Btw, did you start making new Campaign or its an old one in progress?
Restricting it to a 4:3 resolution with a max size of 1024x768 would probably be the best solution, I guess.

Still working on the same campaign, I started about 4 years ago. It has changed alot over the years tho. Talking about quality of maps and scripts. :'D
I hope its gonna be done for the next release. ;)

If you are curious: check my signature!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 26 Nov 2017, 07:57

Hello,

GitHub-> Dynamic Script Events descrition-> OnUnitAfterDied has maybe wrong described types (?)
the word type was not worked to me.
I could use it only in this form:
OnUnitAfterDied(aUnitType:Integer; aOwner:Integer; aX:Integer; aY:Integer);
Thank you!
t
<<

grayter

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Nov 2017, 09:10

GitHub-> Dynamic Script Events descrition-> OnUnitAfterDied has maybe wrong described types (?)
You can use it like that. Word is integer type between 0 .. 65535, so you can cast it to integer. There is no error there ;)
As far as I know word type is not implemented into dynamic commands. Descriptions on github refers to source code. IMHO word type should be handled in dynamic commands instead.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 26 Nov 2017, 11:57

You can use it like that. Word is integer type between 0 .. 65535, so you can cast it to integer. There is no error there ;)
As far as I know word type is not implemented into dynamic commands. Descriptions on github refers to source code. IMHO word type should be handled in dynamic commands instead.
Ah, nice,
Thanky you! ;)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Sep 2018, 19:47

I know it is a bot outdated...
Seems at some point the textures fall apart when I'm zooming out. The desert tiles goes to kind of ice tiles at some zooming out phase. I've seen similar effect on my old PC also.
Should I throw away my laptop? :P
Screenshot 2018-09-22 11-33-43.jpg
Screenshot 2018-09-22 11-34-47.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 24 Sep 2018, 16:19

I know it is a bot outdated...
Seems at some point the textures fall apart when I'm zooming out. The desert tiles goes to kind of ice tiles at some zooming out phase. I've seen similar effect on my old PC also.
Should I throw away my laptop? :P
Screenshot 2018-09-22 11-33-43.jpg
Screenshot 2018-09-22 11-34-47.jpg
I think it's similar to the problem with how rivers/buildings look like when zooming out. From what I remember, the textures are made in a very old-fashioned way (zoom in to see a beautiful checkerboard pattern on them), to save up on computer resources when playing the original game. These textures get messed up, when zooming out. There were a few possible solutions, inzluding programming a filter for it, or reworking all textures to look fine in bigger zoom levels, but these solutions needed quite some work and it was never done.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 25 Sep 2018, 07:49

Sound is like I can not really do anything with it.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Nov 2018, 09:23

r9700 i played Mission 11 TSK and the enemies do not attack my. The southern pink enemy must attack me, if the stone hill was mined, but he didn't and the eastern enemy also do not attack me.
<<

mario_olah

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Jan 2021, 20:37

Hello , i have a question , im making single maps and sometimes my problem is that , why the bots cant train riders and if i add them to the map the AI is just feeding them but they are on the same place all the time :'( , how can i fix it? i was trying everything but nothing changed , please help Lewin or Developers
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 10 Jan 2021, 19:07

Hi Mario,

I guess you could find several Single Player mission editors on the Discord server (https://discord.gg/xwayqmFf) who likely answer to you these type of questions, way sooner then here on forum.Nowadays...
Please note their first question may be which Remake version and which type of ai you mean?
As far as I know the Remake Map editor offers setups for AI to train mounted units and even can setup attack waves manually also for them.
Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Return to “Bugs”