Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

<<

Necroman

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Sep 2014, 15:17

Re: Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

Hi, started playing KaM remake just month ago, v5503, and these are the most notable differences/bugs I found from the original game:
Some of them are probably fixed already in later version...

- when serfs are bringing wood and stone to the building place, in original game they dropped the item as soon as they reached any item next to the entrance. In Remake they need to reach the place directly below the entrance to drop the item. I think keeping the original behavior would be better.

- in TSK mission 7 with the second storehouse I built Iron forge right next to the second storehouse that has lot of iron ore and coal, but serfs still prefer to bring iron ore to this forge from my iron mines far on the right, instead of taking it from the storehouse just 5 steps next to the forge. This should be probably fixed - in my opinion the serf picks the ore that is closer to him, instead the ore, where the total path {Serf start posision -> Ore location -> Forge} is shorter.

- when building a house and first wood is placed on the construction site, in the original game all available builders started at once approaching the building to build, in Remake the builders start to approach the site one by one with about 1 second timespan. Not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior?

- enemy units won't approach your units unless your units is right next to the enemy units. In the original game they went after you if you reached some kind of about 3 tiles wide saferange, so it was not possible to easily sneak behind defenses.
Last edited by Necroman on 07 Sep 2014, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Sep 2014, 15:27

Hi, started playing KaM remake just month ago, v5503, and these are the most notable differences/bugs I found from the original game:
Some of them are probably fixed already in later version...

- when serfs are bringing wood and stone to the building place, in original game they dropped the item as soon as they reached any item next to the entrance. In Remake they need to reach the place directly below the entrance to drop the item. I think keeping the original behavior would be better.

- in TSK mission 7 with the second storehouse I built Iron forge right next to the second storehouse that has lot of iron ore and coal, but serfs still prefer to bring iron ore to this forge from my iron mines far on the right, instead of taking it from the storehouse just 5 steps next to the forge. This should be probably fixed - in my opinion the serf picks the ore that is closer to him, instead the ore, where the total path {Serf start posision -> Ore location -> Forge} is shorter.

- when building a house and first wood is placed on the construction site, in the original game all available builders started at once approaching the building to build, in Remake the builders start to approach the site one by one with about 1 second timespan. Not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior?

- enemy units won't approach your units unless your units is right next to the enemy units. In the original game they went after you if you reached some kind of about 3 tiles wide saferange, so it was not possible to easily sneak behind defenses.
1) That's because Lewin and Krom (and I think many others) agreed on removing the "diagonal roads", which is why serfs can only place the resources from the tile in front of the door. Similarly they can only use diagonal roads when there is a way all around so the diagonal part is only a shortcut. They don't serve a whole road's role, if you get what I mean.

2) I think you've already answered your own question. :) Just read again what you wrote at the end of that line.

3) In the Remake, there is a builder limit made for each building being built (you know it I guess but nvm :D), in order to prevent cases when 30 builders want to build the same gold mine or something :P I think the delay you are talking about is related to the game calculating it, but I'm not sure.

4) This one is already "fixed" in the new beta I think. ;)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 Sep 2014, 16:24

Good explanation Bence, just want to add sth form my site:

1.) Yeah it looked bad just to have 2 unconnected roadtiles close to each other. There were 3 options how to fix that, and Lewin and Krom decided to go for the option that Bence already described :D
4.) was added because it was indeed too easy to sneak in, so I asked to implement it and it works fine up to know (only that some fanmissions are different know, because you can catch armies without bowmen, they will follow you sometimes to your towers)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 20 Sep 2014, 15:19

I just remembered something. Once it happened that we voted to go lobby and I was still in game even if the vote passed and the others were seeing lobby properly. It MIGHT (not sure) be that at the very same time the vote passed, a player (spectator) joined, and the game somehow didn't think I am entitled to see the lobby - I got stuck at "waiting for X" screen.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 20 Sep 2014, 16:09

I'm not sure if this has been reported already or not, but I'm watching Tiank's replay (here), and I noticed that around minute 20 it got bored of updating the overlay texts whenever I selected a different player, and it stopped doing it.
I'm spending the rest of the game stuck with the info about what the other team (the one without Tiank) chose.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 20 Sep 2014, 16:20

I noticed that around minute 20 it got bored of updating the overlay texts whenever I selected a different player, and it stopped doing it.
I forgot to report that. It happened, since another spectator joined. We voted to go to lobby, one spectator joined, then we simply resumed the game. Everything was fine, expect of that info about picked bonus, which disappeared for us. Also, the spectator who joined, didn't see the info about our team as well.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 22 Sep 2014, 02:51

I noticed that around minute 20 it got bored of updating the overlay texts whenever I selected a different player, and it stopped doing it.
I forgot to report that. It happened, since another spectator joined. We voted to go to lobby, one spectator joined, then we simply resumed the game. Everything was fine, expect of that info about picked bonus, which disappeared for us. Also, the spectator who joined, didn't see the info about our team as well.
When the game is loaded the scripted overlay will be lost (unfortunately it's hard for us to store it in the save file due to translations and formatted strings), so it's best if you can refresh it occasionally in OnTick (we kind of assumed that the overlay would be updated continuously). You can make this easier by writing a procedure that refreshes the overlay (clear it then append each player's choice).
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 22 Sep 2014, 08:48

When the game is loaded the scripted overlay will be lost (unfortunately it's hard for us to store it in the save file due to translations and formatted strings), so it's best if you can refresh it occasionally in OnTick (we kind of assumed that the overlay would be updated continuously). You can make this easier by writing a procedure that refreshes the overlay (clear it then append each player's choice).
Done, thank you.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Slimey

Serf

Post 21 Oct 2014, 15:42

I got the game yesterday, downloaded KaM remake and started to play just to find out that it keeps crashing when I play the town tutorial. Tried today to restart the tutorial several times but it keeps crashing.

After 5-10 min I get the message: "Exception occured: ERangeError: Range check error." Same message every time and I submitted a crash report at least once.
I can´t find any reason why this occur, and can´t find any useful topic/posts about this on this forum.

Is it anything I can do to fix this to make my game playable again?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Oct 2014, 06:00

@Slimey: We need to try to isolate the bug. Can you play other maps? Can you quote the latest log file here? (see in KaM Remake\Logs\ folder)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Slimey

Serf

Post 22 Oct 2014, 08:16

I replayed the tutorial a couple of more times and I think I found a reason why this happen. Usually at this point when the game crash all of my soldiers are starting to starve, so it may have some connection to something related to this. (I have no idea to feed them, I thought an Inn where enough...)

Log: http://pastebin.com/sZJeWhDh
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Oct 2014, 09:33

@Slimey: This is r5503 bug, it is probably fixed in newer versions
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Slimey

Serf

Post 22 Oct 2014, 10:54

OK, nice to hear.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 22 Oct 2014, 11:13

(I have no idea to feed them, I thought an Inn where enough...)
Feed
:wink:
it is probably fixed in newer versions
Versions which can't be downloaded, as they are not official releases... Slimey, even though Krom didn't write it, in my opinion you'd find it useful to also know that an official release with this bug fixed is fairly near (as far as I know, it needs a little more beta testing and translation).

Maybe, if the bug is indeed bound to troops starving and feeding them doesn't avoid it, you may try to have them suicide in one of the enemy bases (the blue one South of your town should be ok) at start, just for the sake of being able to complete the Town Building Tutorial?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Slimey

Serf

Post 22 Oct 2014, 12:31

After I write my previous post I started a new tutorial game and tried everything to get rid of the troops, but the game crashed when I clicked on any of the buttons. So, it´s not only bound to eating an feeding, it may be a problem with the soldiers itself. I don´t know what the troops is supposed to do when I press the feed/eat button, but when I loaded a save from before the crash happens they don´t seem to do anything useful. And 1-2 minutes later the game crashed...
As a reference I started a game in KaM HD (steam version, no remake files) and they didn´t have any soldiers, so the bug is probably related to the remake version of the tutorial. Waiting for a new release is no problem for me, I just find it annoying to have a game who crashes.

E: The soldiers crashes the game for me i SP too...

Return to “Bugs”