Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

No building material

<<

H.A.H.

Post 23 Nov 2012, 12:45

No building material

Hello all, I've encountered a situation where my servants don't bring wood or stone to the building site. It happens in mission 5 of TSK and so far nothing I do, including destroying the building and starting anew will fix it. Any ideas?
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 23 Nov 2012, 13:08

Re: No building material

Have you tried to play tutorial?

The problem can be:
1) You didnt complete road to the bulding enterance.
2) You have not enought resources wood/stone.

Btw. Try to play multiplayer. Remake is famous for it :P
<<

Post 23 Nov 2012, 15:10

I'm replaying this game, so I'm not interested in the multiplayer or that piece of garbage TPR, I just do it for the nostalgia. I have heaps of resources and roads to spare, can it be another (technical) problem? Thanks for the quick reply, it is good to see the community did not forget this juwel!
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 23 Nov 2012, 15:13

Maybe a serf shortage.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Post 23 Nov 2012, 15:54

It is also happening in mission 7. Serfs are loafing around with question marks.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 23 Nov 2012, 15:55

It has to be one of those options. I guess you play it without the remake, right? I did it as well and had no problems at all with serves not doing their job.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 23 Nov 2012, 16:22

Another option:

If you make diagonal roads, watch out for objects on the tile where you don't build a road... (that tile which you leave empty "between" two roads) If there is a tree or a rock or anything like these, serfs won't deliver materials to construction sites... Objects "block" diagonal roads. Try to build roads without leaving any tiles empty between them... If this doesn't help, I don't have any other ideas what the problem can be caused by.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Post 23 Nov 2012, 16:46

Thanks everyone! The problem remains unsolved but you have all been very helpful!
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 23 Nov 2012, 16:57

I'm replaying this game, so I'm not interested in the multiplayer or that piece of garbage TPR, I just do it for the nostalgia. I have heaps of resources and roads to spare, can it be another (technical) problem? Thanks for the quick reply, it is good to see the community did not forget this juwel!
I guese it cant be technical problem of the game. And btw. You are so confident to say someones creation is a piece of garbage. A piece of what are you with your nostalgia then? Buy original game and play it if you are not interested in Lewin's, Krom's (project founders) work.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Nov 2012, 17:01

did you have a road like this?( pay attention to the woodcutter)
2012-11-23_00001.jpg
it looks like the road is connected, but it actually is not, it still get's me sometimes. The road that is connected is the road of the woodcutter's entrance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 23 Nov 2012, 18:40

In TSK and probably in TPR serfs would not deliver building materials to building sites if you had planned 6-7 of them without connecting them to road network. Any further plans, connected to roads got ignored. Solution: Remove unconnected plans )
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Post 23 Nov 2012, 19:01

That's probably it! I'll go check!
<<

Post 23 Nov 2012, 19:03

Yay it works! Thanks everybody!
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 23 Nov 2012, 22:28

so what was the problem?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Nov 2012, 09:07

I guess that original TSK/TPR has a bug when you place too many construction sites without roads, the serfs don't deliver to any other, road connected ones. Remake doesn't have bugs like this luckily :D
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

Return to “Bugs”