Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Federation of Neryn, mission 6 - AI bug?

<<

ralph

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 26 Dec 2014, 19:42

Federation of Neryn, mission 6 - AI bug?

Hey,

Not really new here, just a lurker until today, so hello!

I've been replaying the FoN campaign in the r6720 version of the remake, but the 6th mission works differently from an earlier playthrough - I cannot seem to win.

In this mission you 'land' top-right on a small piece of land. You need to fight off some enemies using AI-controlled barbarians and crossbows, then 'free' a town south of you by building a tiny town and kill the patrolling horses. A fun mission imho.

In the latest version, however, the patrolling never starts - all enemies head towards your town after fighting the barbarians and some enemy town buildings immediately. The result is that you need to fend off all enemies on the left of your base (none seem to attack to the right of your base). As soon as you defeat this larger wave of enemies (not much harder) the town south of you is freed and starts to build stuff. Moments later, the enemy AIs launch a full-scale attack on the village and you lose - no way that i can defend the base with my 16 crossbows and single knight; by this time i barely built my first sawmill...

Not sure what the cause of this bug could be. Is an AI update the cause? Can i correct this myself using the map editor?

Thanks,
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 27 Dec 2014, 13:20

Re: Federation of Neryn, mission 6 - AI bug?

I came to report the same problem. I hope this gets fixed! You can not win mission 6 at this time, it's exactly as ralph described.
<<

Matthijs

Post 04 Jan 2015, 14:46

Same problem -.-
<<

thabes

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Mar 2015, 06:16

As "Ralph" indicated very clearly (H) -- I have came into cross in mission 6 "The federation of Neryn", It is almost impossible to defend neither my city nor my allieds.

How this problem would be fixed?

regards
<<

Vaastra

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 Oct 2015, 13:12

I have the same problem ! anyone have tips how to win this map ?
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Oct 2015, 13:52

The Campaign "Federation of Neryn" has indeed some already known bugs. Problem is that its creater, Vaas, is not active anymore and nobody else has attempted to fix said bugs (yet). I personally have not played the campagin in the recent releases, so i cant really help, however, you could just "skip" the mission by using the usual cheat with the storehouse.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 08 Oct 2015, 01:22

I have the same problem ! anyone have tips how to win this map ?
I beat it in the newest release, r6720, about 7 months ago. I posted my replay here. As I said there, the replay breaks (stops playing) about 3/4ths through the duration (replay bug), but I think that's enough to see how to beat it in its current incarnation without any significant help from your given Ally AI.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Critico

Peasant

Post 15 Nov 2015, 13:24

I defeated all the initial enemy troops and I get a message saying the town has been liberated and the AI starts building. However, minutes later the enemy starts attacking and I can't repel them with just crossbowmen. I can't train any new units because I'm still building up. All the other missions were a lot of fun.

I seem to recall an intermediate objective of defeating some patrolling scouts to get your ally to start building. However, all of them attack me. The AI controlled barbarians charge into the allied city after a while and with my crossbowmen all the enemy units were defeated. However, that triggers the enemy to start attacking.

Help!

Return to “Bugs”