"Unknown" state

<<

Laurent

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 14 Sep 2014, 13:37

"Unknown" state

Hi,

I do not know whether this bug has been reported yet. I have reported it in the Google Code of Castleland, but I do not know whether that is being checked often.

This is the case: select one of your hard-working people that have a house and work there (like a baker in a mill). Now keep them selected while they enter the house and start doing stuff, in the left pane you might notice their state becomes "Unknown".

Again, I'm sorry if this bug has been reported yet somewhere here on this forum.

Laurent
<<

Laurent

Serf

Post 14 Sep 2014, 14:14

Re: "Unknown" state

Just a few minutes ago, the issue on the Google Code was marked fixed. This topic can be closed.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 Sep 2014, 14:29

Thanks for letting me know, I don't check the Google Code issues often because hardly anybody uses them, so I only responded there because I read this topic. If you need help with compiling the game feel free to ask :)
<<

Laurent

Serf

Post 14 Sep 2014, 18:07

Thanks for letting me know, I don't check the Google Code issues often because hardly anybody uses them, so I only responded there because I read this topic. If you need help with compiling the game feel free to ask :)
I tried again and after some tries I managed to compile (and run) the project. Somehow I miss the file guimainh.rx (it is not in my KaM TPR directory) so I could not generate the sprites. Luckily, I managed to get the generated sprites from the installed KAM Remake version (the official version from the website).

Moreover, I did not use the HEAD-revision, because a few commits ago someone added an option screen to the Map Editor and this is not included yet in the Lazarus project if I am correct. Now I use rev. 6580, just before that happened.

Everything now works fine, except that the "Options" in my Main Manu still fire a Range Check error. I think this is because of the missing sprites, but I will debug that later. For now, it works and I am going to enjoy my sunday :) This weak I am going to study the code and try some changes here and there. Maybe I can help you with a few changes in the near future. Luckily my coding skills are better than my KaM skills :P

One compliment should be made here. Although the project currently is quite large and works pretty well, somehow you managed to keep the code quite clean and readable without adding too much comments. I opened some AI-code and could easily read and understand what you were doing there which is quite cool.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 15 Sep 2014, 06:05

I tried again and after some tries I managed to compile (and run) the project. Somehow I miss the file guimainh.rx (it is not in my KaM TPR directory) so I could not generate the sprites. Luckily, I managed to get the generated sprites from the installed KAM Remake version (the official version from the website).

Everything now works fine, except that the "Options" in my Main Manu still fire a Range Check error. I think this is because of the missing sprites, but I will debug that later. For now, it works and I am going to enjoy my sunday :) This weak I am going to study the code and try some changes here and there. Maybe I can help you with a few changes in the near future. Luckily my coding skills are better than my KaM skills :P
GUIMainH.rx is the GUIMain file from TSK. However, it has been unused for several years so I have deleted it and updated the code. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. So now you should be able to run the RXXPacker for yourself. This should fix the range check error when going to the settings page. That error is probably due to some new language flags being missing in your old r5503 RXX files. When you pack the RXX files yourself you will no longer have this problem.
Moreover, I did not use the HEAD-revision, because a few commits ago someone added an option screen to the Map Editor and this is not included yet in the Lazarus project if I am correct. Now I use rev. 6580, just before that happened.
Sorry about that, I forgot to commit a file! I committed it in r6589 so you should be able to use the HEAD now. If you get any more errors like this let me know.
One compliment should be made here. Although the project currently is quite large and works pretty well, somehow you managed to keep the code quite clean and readable without adding too much comments. I opened some AI-code and could easily read and understand what you were doing there which is quite cool.
Thanks :) I personally find Pascal code to be quite clean and readable naturally compared to some other languages. Also, Krom is great at structuring our files and classes, thanks to his refactoring the code is well structured and easy to navigate.
<<

Laurent

Serf

Post 20 Sep 2014, 15:53

Somehow, it still does not work :( With the latest revisio, I can fully compile the thing but when I start KAM_Remake.exe, I get the error
Error reading Export_GUIMainH.OnClick: Invalid value for property
I am sorry that I ask so many questions about compiling the project, but I would really be able to help somehow :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 21 Sep 2014, 01:11

Sorry, I forgot to update the Lazarus form files, try it again :)
<<

Laurent

Serf

Post 21 Sep 2014, 08:15

Sorry, I forgot to update the Lazarus form files, try it again :)
It works! Great! Thank you!

Now the next thing is to do is understanding your project and code :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Sep 2014, 15:07

may i be so rude and ask what you are going to do with the compiled remake files exactly? :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Laurent

Serf

Post 22 Sep 2014, 06:44

may i be so rude and ask what you are going to do with the compiled remake files exactly? :D
Of course you can. ;) When I was a young kid, I have played Knights and Merchants very much because I liked it. This Remake, which is by accident written in a language (Pascal) I have used for several years in programming competitions, is for me already a complete remake. However, I understand that it is being developed by only two (three?) persons, so hopefully I can help them a bit. Because they have worked for several years on it, I will not be able to help in a few days (that's just not realistic) but over the time I hope I can change some thing here and there.

Of course, this story only works if somebody to help is needed. Otherwise, I just keep it on playing my r5503 :)

tl;dr With the compiled files I am going to do nothing except testing.

Return to “Bugs”