Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Many messages in one message window

<<

nereusz

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Feb 2014, 10:13

Many messages in one message window

During "town tutorial" I've reached the moment, when soldiers got hungry. But just before that, I've got a message, that my quarry is unoccupied. I didn't opened it when it just occurred. So when the next message came (the one about hungry soldiers), the message showed in the same window. I attach screenshot. Moreover I couldn't close that window. Pressing X has no effect.
okienko.png
I'm playing Polish version. The messages from top are:
* This building is unoccupied
* 4x: These soldiers are hungry. Bring them some food.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Feb 2014, 10:38

Re: Many messages in one message window

That looks like a bug, the text is appearing on top of itself. What version of the KaM Remake are you using?
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 12 Feb 2014, 10:38

It's fixed now in new beta release. Also, if you want to close message window, you can click on feather icon (clicking on "x" works as well).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Feb 2014, 10:42

Not sure when I fixed the polish food message, i think it was after the official release, so it doesn't overlap anymore, but like Tiank says, in the newest version it works well.

Edit:...
Last edited by pawel95 on 13 Feb 2014, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Feb 2014, 12:52

Ok, so the overlapping is a problem in the Polish translation which is now fixed (thanks pawel). But I don't know why the X wouldn't work. When I test in Polish in r5503 I see the overlapping but the X works fine.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Feb 2014, 15:22

Well please write your Version of KaM Remake here, so we can stop guessing :mrgreen:

You can find the version number on the top left corner in the main menu, because I remember that there was a problem with closing that messagebox via the red X, but this was a bug when you implemented that new briefing system, and it was fixed quite fast (If I remember correctly).
<<

nereusz

Serf

Post 12 Feb 2014, 18:42

Well please write your Version of KaM Remake here, so we can stop guessing :mrgreen:

You can find the version number on the top left corner in the main menu, because I remember that there was a problem with closing that messagebox via the red X, but this was a bug when you implemented that new briefing system, and it was fixed quite fast (If I remember correctly).
Sorry for delay, I haven't subscribed topic. I supposed it happen by default.

I'm using 5503.

The problem with the message window is quite more complicated. In the first time I didn't noticed the problem with overlapping text :) It's smaller problem. The bigger one is, that I can't close this window. Pressinx X in corner make the window close to the icon again, so the message isn't closing, just minimizing. And the problem is that next messages shows in the same window. Now I has this: http://prntscr.com/2rvfdb
<<

nereusz

Serf

Post 12 Feb 2014, 18:47

But I don't know why the X wouldn't work. When I test in Polish in r5503 I see the overlapping but the X works fine.
I suppose it can be connected to things that happend before: I've got unread message about unoccupied quarry and then about hungry soldiers.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Feb 2014, 19:35

But I don't know why the X wouldn't work. When I test in Polish in r5503 I see the overlapping but the X works fine.
I suppose it can be connected to things that happend before: I've got unread message about unoccupied quarry and then about hungry soldiers.
Please tell me still your version of kam-.-
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Feb 2014, 19:58

I'm using 5503.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Feb 2014, 21:57

I'm using 5503.
Ben don´t worry, I am not stupid and you are not smart in that case! He edited his post, after I wrote my post. Actualy I´m for it to make each edit visible like on other forums, and not only those, with a reason.
<<

nereusz

Serf

Post 12 Feb 2014, 22:11

Ben don´t worry, I am not stupid and you are not smart in that case! He edited his post, after I wrote my post. Actualy I´m for it to make each edit visible like on other forums, and not only those, with a reason.
Just clicked "Edit", didn't edited.

Still using v5503.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2014, 00:14

I'm using 5503.
He couldn't have edited his post. If he did, there would be a notification saying when he did ;) The only time an edit doesn't show is if you edit it before someone else comments.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 13 Feb 2014, 00:34

Still. He edited it
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Feb 2014, 00:54

I guess he edited it while pawel was writing his post, then pawel submitted his post after the edit was made so it doesn't say it was edited. So pawel read it before the edit was made but his post was submitted after the edit was made.

Anyway, back to topic. The only bug here is the overlapping text in the Polish translation. You are not supposed to be able to delete the message log, you can only "minimise" it. The message log collects a list of events and you can click on them to be taken to the location. Unread events will be coloured differently and the message log icon will flash when there are new messages. We made it like this to avoid getting too many messages piling up like you did in the original game.

Return to “Bugs”