TSK 5 need help

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 Nov 2013, 04:20

Re: TSK 5 need help

well keep your fingers crossed then I'm playing TPR untill tsk is fixed and if I catch a bug I know who's to blame :D
I'm pretty sure it was a joke ;)
How you know? Can you read irony or sarcasm out of a text?
As a native English speaker I can say that what he wrote is unambiguously a joke. It's quite a common thing to say in English ("if it doesn't work then I'll know who to blame"), it is often meant in quite a positive way as an appreciation of someone's work. In person you would say it in a light hearted way with a smile or a laugh. On the internet you might use a smiley to indicate that it is a joke, but even without a smiley I think the vast majority of native English speakers would interpret it as a joke because it's a common expression.

I believe this is simply an unfortunate misunderstanding due to language differences. These kind of jokes do not always translate well and can easily be misunderstood. Believe me that he was not criticising you or your work in anyway.

I'm sure most languages have expressions that could easily be interpreted as an insult by someone who is not a native speaker.

Also, you can convey irony or sarcasm through text but it's probably harder to interpret as a non-native speaker.
<<

wnxdutchie

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Nov 2013, 13:19

I did mean it as a joke pawel95.
I did not mean any disrespect towards your help of the remake team.
My sincerest apologies and I hope you keep up the good work.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 19 Nov 2013, 13:34

My sincerest apologies and I hope you keep up the good work.
No sorry, I just stopped working at and playing kam :p

Return to “Bugs”