Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Music turn off at PT

<<

Mixons

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 01 Sep 2013, 17:38

Music turn off at PT

Hello, I dont know if its a bug or its something wrong with my PC, but my music always when the PT end is turn off. And if I want have music again I must restart my KaM Remake application. When I have like 2 games without restarting Remake it look like: in first game at PT music is turn off, and in the next game at PT I have again music. Strange... maybe its sth wrong with PT end sound.

Anyone have the same or know why it look like that?

Regards, Mixons!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Sep 2013, 16:29

Re: Music turn off at PT

It´s for sure not your computer. I have the same thing also quite often after normal PT ending sound, like you said, or also when I watch a replay with higher speed and the PT finished....
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Sep 2013, 15:39

Same here.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Sep 2013, 16:09

Same here.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Mixons

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 15 Sep 2013, 11:58

So can anyone help?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 15 Sep 2013, 13:57

Does it help if you restart the music from options menu? (disable, wait 5sec, enable)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Sep 2013, 15:14

no it does not help, musi starts playing again for me after the victory/defeat music though.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Sep 2013, 11:22

no it does not help, musi starts playing again for me after the victory/defeat music though.
Yeah that´s how it happen most times. However often it doesn´t continue, thats actualy the point of Mixons :P

And no krom, it doesn´t help after restarting the game the music works fine, but that is hard to do while a multiplayer game :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 19 Sep 2013, 10:24

Indeed. There is no way to make it work again in the game. I always need to play the music in a media player, which is not a good thing to do right after pt. :P
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 Sep 2013, 10:47

I've experienced this bug too, it only happens some times though. I'm pretty sure it's related to the music fading while the peacetime horn sound plays, and it never fades the music back up. We need to look at the fading system because from memory I wrote it quickly and not very robustly (maybe the peacetime sound gets overridden before it finishes and tells the music to come back?)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 19 Sep 2013, 13:44

that would explain the music coming back when the defeat/victory sound is being played, since it is most likely the same procedure and there it will execute as normal. Just my guess though.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 19 Sep 2013, 17:19

I've experienced this bug too, it only happens some times though. I'm pretty sure it's related to the music fading while the peacetime horn sound plays, and it never fades the music back up. We need to look at the fading system because from memory I wrote it quickly and not very robustly (maybe the peacetime sound gets overridden before it finishes and tells the music to come back?)

Hmm after I read your post I thought about sth. That kam musics have this pretty unusual and "old" file-type, so its not mp3 or wav, right? Maybe actualy that can cause that problem. Some file-types (sounds) can´t pause and play perfectly. Thats why in the original TPR for example, when you turn the music on/off the music(at least the current title) started from the beginning. However maybe you converted it already in an other type for the remake...
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Sep 2013, 17:47

Yes, the original games have a weird file format for sounds, can't actually remember what, but the Remake has all the sound files in .mp3 (or .wav? don't remember).
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 20 Sep 2013, 07:23

I do believe the original tpr/tsk had .mp2 files even.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Sep 2013, 08:19

that would explain the music coming back when the defeat/victory sound is being played, since it is most likely the same procedure and there it will execute as normal. Just my guess though.
Yes that's right.
Hmm after I read your post I thought about sth. That kam musics have this pretty unusual and "old" file-type, so its not mp3 or wav, right? Maybe actualy that can cause that problem. Some file-types (sounds) can´t pause and play perfectly. Thats why in the original TPR for example, when you turn the music on/off the music(at least the current title) started from the beginning. However maybe you converted it already in an other type for the remake...
The original game had all the in-game sound files as WAVs packed into a single file (sound.dat). WAV is a standard format. I doubt formats are the problem because it only happens some times.

Return to “Bugs”