Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Jul 2014, 17:25

Re: Official KaM Remake Bugs topic

omg I've had so much trouble with something like this. I can't figure out what is causing it, but I'm actually thinking it has something to do with the new method of "pixel-perfect" selection or something :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 23 Jul 2014, 17:28

omg I've had so much trouble with something like this. I can't figure out what is causing it, but I'm actually thinking it has something to do with the new method of "pixel-perfect" selection or something :P

Don´t know. If I am correct this "selection" was already implemented a version before and that thing never happend there. However it´s rly sth with selection :P Like I said, it´s really that you click on someone else in your city, close to it where you really click.

If you use in multiplayer the ctrl+1(0-9) function, that will never happen, because you don´t "click" on your troops. I always use this to micro my army and it´s very usefull in this version, with this bug :mrgreen:

EDIT: However Tiank just told me that this Bug is already fixed for the next Release :$
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Jul 2014, 07:26

Yeah, the bug with selecting the wrong units has already been fixed.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 28 Jul 2014, 20:35

Midnight bug (since r3xxxx, some people told me, never noticed it myself): If it´s 00:00 CET the players on all servers get incredible high ping for like 1 min. Not playable and it says "waiting for xxx(random player)" After that minute the servers works well again.

Please: Anyone can contact Nissarin? He should please run the Nizzgard server in the newest RC. (We all love that reliable polish Server, don´t we? :D ) The "Official Release Server" has some major perofrmance problems, looks like. Today 3 games at the same time and it was unplayable for all of us, not sure if there were too many games or whatever. There are problems from time to time with that one.

If we talk alrady about this: Some people of us tried to make a lobby on their own connection. However it was everytime the same "querry timed out". I have myself (not sure if the others did) disabled the firewall for some min, disabled antivir program. Still noone could join. I have read somewhere that you wanna improve it soon? (If the master server should get down). Am I correct with this information? And have you an idea why it doesn´t work? LAN works now, since Lewin described me "how to" few months ago, but internet doesn´t work now :mrgreen:
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 29 Jul 2014, 22:56

on loc 2 of cursed ravine you have 39 fish instead of 30. idk if that was already told by someone
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Jul 2014, 08:21

on loc 2 of cursed ravine you have 39 fish instead of 30. idk if that was already told by someone
this is not a kam remake bug but a mapmaking flaw :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Aug 2014, 15:42

In the RC version of KaM I played TSK5 and and in that mission they forgot about 1 of my builders who is waiting for 1 timber for a winefield, I had surely a good amount of serfs and more then 30 timber in storehouse, the winefield was 1 tile away from the enterence of my storehouse but my builder didn´t get wood for already 10/20 min and then he died from hunger.
After that i rebuild the winefield and another builder got wood inmidiatly after he was waiting
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

zaamoot

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

HI Lewin and Krom,

Firstly I must admit that i did not read the post before my post, so it is possible that the bugs/suggestions are already posted on the forum. I had three points:

1. When you go to the lobby and than return the messages blink again, even if you are the same player and you already read them. Is it possible to change this, that it only blinks when a new player is added.

2. When some selects a colour from a player, who left and after taht places another player on his location. Two player can have the same colour.

3. On the moment the host drops a player and goes directly to the lobby, but I think it would be better if you have "Go to lobby" button, while waiting for a player.

Greetings,

Zaamoot
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Aug 2014, 12:30

SP Mission menu:

1. If you click "sorting by name" most Subtitles like "Map from x" will disapear, only some maps will keep the subtitles.

(2. The Standard color for the human player shouldn´t be "KaM Red" but the color that is set from the mapmaker for the humanplayer, in my opinion (not sure if that´s a bug) )
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Aug 2014, 22:27

(2. The Standard color for the human player shouldn´t be "KaM Red" but the color that is set from the mapmaker for the humanplayer, in my opinion (not sure if that´s a bug) )
I second this. Actually, I think it would be better if the player couldn't choose the color at all. I really don't think it makes sense :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 18 Aug 2014, 03:21

Maybe we should not let players to choose colors in MP either :-P

Seriously though, that was meant for SP maps with several starting human locations (rare case, I know) and cases when player has a color preference different from mapmakers, default to kam red.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Aug 2014, 03:24

1. When you go to the lobby and than return the messages blink again, even if you are the same player and you already read them. Is it possible to change this, that it only blinks when a new player is added.
I've thought about adding an option for the taskbar blinking:
1. Never blink
2. Blink for system messages (player joined/left)
3. Blink for all messages (including chat)

Would that be a good solution?
2. When some selects a colour from a player, who left and after taht places another player on his location. Two player can have the same colour.
Is that only for spectators? There was a bug where spectators can have the same colour as a player, which is now fixed. But if two players can have the same colour that's news to me, can you give any further details?
3. On the moment the host drops a player and goes directly to the lobby, but I think it would be better if you have "Go to lobby" button, while waiting for a player.
Because going to the lobby is now voting I don't think this would work well. Clicking drop then voting isn't much extra effort.
1. If you click "sorting by name" most Subtitles like "Map from x" will disapear, only some maps will keep the subtitles.
I can't reproduce this... can you give any more details of the circumstances that cause it?
I agree, I might add the "map maker's choice" colour to the top of the list selected by default. Choosing a colour in singleplayer does make that much sense actually because you can end up with AIs that are exactly the same colour as you (especially in scripted maps), or very similar. On the other hand, it's nice to play with your favourite colour like you do in MP...
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 18 Aug 2014, 04:04

Maybe we can make mapmakers color a default choice (item 0) and check other colors for similarity with any of AIs and if they are close enough (http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questi ... background) - skip them.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Aug 2014, 12:08

Please check Mission 10 TSK in RC2, pic in attachment.
After the crossbowmen have destroyed their target house, the stay arround and do nothing. Is this behavior correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 18 Aug 2014, 12:18

Oh hey. Is the German Forum alive btw? :D

No this behaviour isn´t correct. I have played this mission like 1 month ago and it was nearly perfect, but it seems like something has changed since RC1-RC2. I won´t play the whole campaign now again :P maybe after the next RC.

Can you just tell me if that happens every time? So if you restart the mission, the same thing happened? I am asking, because it might be not a problem with the mission itselves (it shouldn´t be, because noone changed the missionscript), so it´s probably a general AI problem: Xbows don´t search for the next building, after they finished the first one :mrgreen:

EDIT: I see, one xbow is shooting, Lewin might that be a problem with the AI code then? As far as I know the xbow group only go to the next building, if NO SINGLE xbow has the distance to a building, so noone is shooting. On this photo it looks like one xbow would be in range?!

About the Bug I mentioned above, it doesn´t happen anymore :P Probably it was, beacuse I just downloaded Vatrix´ sp mission here from the database and put the folder into the mapfolder, while kam was running. If it happen again, I will make a report again :D

Return to “Bugs”