Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM Remake development - r10xxx beta

<<

Marquss

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Apr 2020, 10:44

Re: KaM Remake development - r10xxx beta

for example in 10+ i cannot see fishmans. why? i have to all maps edit in editor and add fishmans and their houses at start even when i unblock in editor.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 24 Apr 2020, 21:22

for example in 10+ i cannot see fishmans. why? i have to all maps edit in editor and add fishmans and their houses at start even when i unblock in editor.
Can you give an example of a map where this happens?
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 01 May 2020, 21:50

Little stupid question, why nobody post new releases @ kamremake.com ?? Today there was blow out a new release!
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 May 2020, 10:36

Little stupid question, why nobody post new releases @ kamremake.com ?? Today there was blow out a new release!
Because they're still not ready for "average consumer" - the developers are still fixing problems. When it's all done, and tested, there will be an "official" update.

But these days it's going pretty well and they want to make Release Candidate versions soon - Lewin is helping out with the new release since a few weeks, which is also big help. We'll see :)
<<

zaamoot

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Aug 2020, 12:00

Any update regards publishing this release?
I played a game with some friends and we are really impressed with the improvements, big shout out to the devs!
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 14 Aug 2020, 00:57

I have a little questions about new releases. What is the difference in difficult of campaign missions?
That's a good question that I would want to know (but it seems that it has already gotten) an answer. But I want more than just one opinion. (And I would request to know this for EVERY version past r6720.)

I was just made a moderator of KaM speedrun page, where there are categories for the Remake as well as the Steam version. But currently, there is no specification of WHICH VERSION of the remake the runs were done in the submission form (which I don't think can be changed, unfortunately), and I'm looking to make a list of acceptable Remake versions for speed runs (and append that to the current submission rules). For example, if there is a major AI bug in these newer versions which makes the campaigns significantly easier (as I saw mentioned earlier in this thread), then I would like to know about it, if possible . . . to say in the rules that runs in those versions are NOT acceptable (for fairness to other competitors). (I don't want to examine ALL of these versions to determine this myself . . . I can give those who were generous enough to test ALL of these versions another avenue to contribute to the KaM community.)

(P.S., I know the "world record times" currently on speedrun are not very good compared to what has been done in the past in the original game, but we need more good (FAST) submissions to make that competition come alive/competitive. And if there are other sources which list record times for these same campaigns (or those on speedrun), I would like to know about it!)

Currently, I am only thinking to accept r5503 (because the crossbowmen behave similar to the original game, and we are accepting runs from the Steam version, so why not?) and r6720 (because the crossbowmen are SMARTER/better than the original game) because versions newer than r6720 seem to still have issues (again, based on what I read here). Is there a stable/solid version(s) that someone could list for me which are newer than r6720? (Again, I am going to change the rules to only accept speed runs in certain remake versions.)
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

mathygreen

Peasant

Post 03 Sep 2021, 18:34

Iooks like in 10745 version AI is crap or bugged.

I am playing campaign an empire destroyed and enemy soldiers are sleeping.

I can use 1 archer and lure enemy squads one by one and rest of them do nothing.

In original cam remake last version 6xxx when i inniciate the fight the whole enemy army immidiately responds and really huge battle beggins.

It was way more fun, interesting and challenging.

Sleeping army is problem in newest beta or maybe it was only in an empire destroyed campaign?

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 08 Sep 2021, 02:36

Sleeping army is problem in newest beta or maybe it was only in an empire destroyed campaign?
That's probably the case. The AI in the newest Beta (which is r13651 actually) in of itself behaves the exact same way as r6720. Things were just re-balanced.

Speaking of the latest Beta version, for anyone curious (and do not participate on the general_eng section on Discord), here is an ever-growing unlisted YouTube playlist with me testing the newest Beta's AI. (Primarily on "Harder" = hardest difficulty.) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... FK6pxxmAvC
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.

Return to “General / Questions”