How to delete scripted overlay button on map

<<

RogueOne

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Jan 2019, 05:13

How to delete scripted overlay button on map

Hi guys,

Recently, I used map editor to convert multiplayer maps into single maps. However, in the map Cursed Ravine, when the game starts, there is a button on the top left of the screen, it is described as "scripted overlay", which shows unnecessary multiple lines about game's achievement status. Here is the screenshot:

The only option I have is to hide it, but the symbol is still there. Is there anyway to delete that button from the map instead of hiding it?

Thank you.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Feb 2019, 20:13

Re: How to delete scripted overlay button on map

Try to increase resolution. This button is shown when text is too long in viewport.

EDIT: I think you cannot remove it.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 02 Feb 2019, 09:43

It is defined in the .script file in the map's folder.
You can remove it, of course... if all the script does is set the overlay, then you can just delete the file.
Else, you have to edit the script to remove the overlay.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 03 Feb 2019, 19:57

You converted FwF version of Cursed, you should convert the normal one instead. You can just delete the script in modified map, too, for the same effect.
If you actually wanted to have the FwF version of the map (fun with flags is a mode with achievements etc.), then you would have to find the lines in script which are related to showing the overlay, and delete them, but this may not be too easy, if you don't have some programming knowledge.

Return to “General / Questions”