Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM needs some New Art, Are there no Artists?

<<

cdfbr

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Mar 2018, 05:06

Re: KaM needs some New Art, Are there no Artists?

What kind of building would you like me too make ? :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Mar 2018, 03:57

Dreamkiller was a fantastic contributor to this community for a while. He is the only artist I've seen so far that could match the style of the original KaM sprites. Alas, he quickly burnt out after a short time here. Perhaps you could look into one of his projects here. We may not need a building to craft town hall weapons anymore though, since Rey took the Remake a different direction.

What I personally would like to see is an alternate marketplace graphic. The one we use now is actually a beta object for the original storehouse that was eventually dumped by the developers. I agree with the decision, as it's frankly a bit ugly. That might be a pretty big task though, as there would be lots of drawing for adding all the resources.

Alternatively, we could really use more objects. That would be awesome, actually. It would be nice to have snow on some objects, but what we really need is a greater variety of acacia trees. The orange-trunk trees with the leaves far at the top. Currently, it's the only tree that fits on savanna-type terrains, leading to some pretty empty looking areas. It's just sad to look at it. If you could make more trees that look like this, I'd love it. If you're looking to save some work, you could even just make a fully-grown tree and use the current acacia tree's smaller sizes as your young tree.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

cdfbr

Farmer

Post 06 Apr 2018, 02:08

Hey Im sorry Guys I haven't Really Posted Or Done Anything Yet.

I Live IN New Jersey, And the weather has just been freezing. Its supposed to be spring and normally its in the 60-70s most days and its just been in the 30s. I'm sick of this cold weather and its making me very depressed. So I haven't done much of anything lately.

I haven't forgotten about Drawing New Art, I want to just not really in the mood.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Apr 2018, 16:58

North Michigan here. We just got 2 feet of snow. It just keeps on coming too. Worst weather that we have had all year.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

król_albanii

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 27 Apr 2018, 07:59

Sorry For the Double Post...

This was pretty simple to do. Also It still takes up the same amount of space as the Normal Inn. Room for 4 More People To Eat, Allowing You to Have 10 People Eating At once. :)

There might be some work I need to do to adjust it so that when the game places the people, it looks right. And I still need someone to figure out the mask files, so I can create the masks.
Upgraded_Inn.PNG
nice, great job
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 Apr 2018, 23:25

Sorry For the Double Post...

This was pretty simple to do. Also It still takes up the same amount of space as the Normal Inn. Room for 4 More People To Eat, Allowing You to Have 10 People Eating At once. :)

There might be some work I need to do to adjust it so that when the game places the people, it looks right. And I still need someone to figure out the mask files, so I can create the masks.
Upgraded_Inn.PNG
Looks out cool! But agree, there would be some questions how to implement this version.
-Should the building be 1tile wider?
-Really need to add +2-4seats? as I see eating animations could fit to the extended tables.
-Would need more prestored food for this type of inn? Not only 5 from each type.
-bigger problem is mostly the inn does not have food for most players in normal games...

-Personally i still would prefer to can disable each type of food in the inn one by one. Then could trade the sausage for iron ore and the haven would open :wink:

-Are you working on animations too?
-The new beta releases request some new tiles, objects, animations.
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Apr 2018, 06:02

-Personally i still would prefer to can disable each type of food in the inn one by one. Then could trade the sausage for iron ore and the haven would open :wink:
What about simple 'block wine in the Inn, save it for soldiers' abuse then ?

Return to “General / Questions”