Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Request for new maps

<<

Stocky

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Aug 2017, 13:10

Request for new maps

Hello everybody, this is very simple, most of the maps we have (6 and 8p) are quite overplayed so I would like to kindly ask If there aren't some new ones or at least in the making. We usually swich at least 5 maps until everybody agrees and even then we know all locs and how battle will be.. The newest I remember was Eruption for 8 players which is really good but still there are only 2 new locations so ppl aren't really getting sensation of playing new one.

Btw. I am currently working on 6 player maybe even 8p map just for you to know I am not lazy bastard. :mrgreen:
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Aug 2017, 15:16

Re: Request for new maps

Well, I'm getting closer to finish my 8p map, it's in Empire style, but I think it's possible to make it playable for standard 8p eco. I really hope to finish it this month :). Gameplay should be different than most maps. Difficult to defend, difficult to fight, at least in theory. We'll see.

Also, I got few 8p map ideas (2 or 3) but considering my slow map making progress, it would be good, if it's finished this year...

Anyway, stay tuned! :D

Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 13 Aug 2017, 16:06

<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Aug 2017, 16:28

Lovely mountain-design as always, tiank! :D
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Aug 2017, 20:16

Has... has TDL... has he just said something good... about my... my map...? MY MAP?

@Strangelove: Thanks! ;)
<<

Stocky

Recruit

Post 13 Aug 2017, 20:21

Very nice work Tiank, The only thing I am afraid of is that interesting locations might not be appreciated because lot of players are too lazy to learn how to play differently but that's their problem I guess.

As I promised here is some preview of what you can expect. The idea was to make rebound style with very close resources but Im not entirely sure how the food is going to be. Also there is possibility to make this 8P instead of 6 or even 2 version, what do you think guys ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Stocky on 13 Aug 2017, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 13 Aug 2017, 20:45

Has... has TDL... has he just said something good... about my... my map...? MY MAP?

@Strangelove: Thanks! ;)
I said it was not bad, which does not automatically mean it is good. There is a huge gap between good and bad.

But ok, I will give you that. It looks pretty good. :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Aug 2017, 20:57

I like the style of map Stocky, looks promising :).

Gotta ask - what about fish? I think it would be good if there's no fish at all, so the map is similar to Rebound in a matter of food.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Aug 2017, 23:27

The idea was to make rebound style
Rebound! Excellent map by a genius designer. Taking inspiration from Rebound will undoubtedly grant you success.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Stocky

Recruit

Post 14 Aug 2017, 00:02

I was waiting for you Ben because everybody is hungry for 8P rebound for some time now.. so I hope the release date is getting closer by the day. :O
I like the style of map Stocky, looks promising :).

Gotta ask - what about fish? I think it would be good if there's no fish at all, so the map is similar to Rebound in a matter of food.
Was thinking about name "water and sand" so in this case I would like to add fish but don't worry Il'l figure out something fancy because locs are too easy. This runs into another issue - they all look very similar which means its not really nice. Gotta work on those mountains and terrain.

I am welcoming any suggestions, but especially opinions on eventual 8p version. Space for 2 more locations is no problem but when I tried to position 8 armies I wasn't entirely sure If it's big enough even tho the map will be very open.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 01 Nov 2017, 13:44

Hello everybody, this is very simple, most of the maps we have (6 and 8p) are quite overplayed so I would like to kindly ask If there aren't some new ones or at least in the making. We usually swich at least 5 maps until everybody agrees and even then we know all locs and how battle will be.. The newest I remember was Eruption for 8 players which is really good but still there are only 2 new locations so ppl aren't really getting sensation of playing new one.

Btw. I am currently working on 6 player maybe even 8p map just for you to know I am not lazy bastard. :mrgreen:
Hundreds of maps are out there which is offering 6-8P. In my opinion only the players limited brain/mind are which give gaps and margins for the frequently played maps. There are many forgotten 8P maps which is not played because only few famous players don't not like it, or because based on snow or not eye-friendly, or because made by not talented one etc...or simply because not really fit the map style to the actual trend, not offering easy spamming etc...

Few new maps are played only once as "we give one chance for playing it" and after just throw into thrash. So mapmakers can feel that lots of wasted time just gone for nothing :wink: ->hard to find new motivation to make new throwable maps. Of course Nobody likes to repeating :wink: ideas of maps, there are many new ideas, and many times just not fit for the players gaming trend so again these maps won't be popular and if a map is not played frequently just will be part of the growing shadow wrld of the not played maps.
Oh and I almost forgot the best word what can use on any map even that is the most opened one ever... 'CAMPY'. Anybody can tell this for any map. EZ word for everybody to use it. Even I can spell it.

Or maybe possible that 4-5 frequently played maps are made with perfection and the quality is beautiful the balance is perfect, and of course the gameplay is campy. So the newer map conceptions what have lower quality don't have chance to waste time of the regular players.

I hope the Random Mapgenerator will grow up onto a very high level to create maps far easier.

Of course new maps are always welcomed. :wink:
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 02 Nov 2017, 01:15

Is there any map for 4 players and old order?
For duels 1v1, the size and design of 4 players maps is the most interesting.
Something you could play horizontal, vertical or diagonal...

If this motivates mapmakers, I think 4 players old order with average food, would probably appeal to the community.
Because nowadays, when searching maps for duels, you end playing something for 6p like Rebound, Eruption, Shadow Realm, or rarely Florizon (real 1v1).

@Thunder: What's your new map "0tactic" about? I saw you testing it in lobby.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 02 Nov 2017, 10:41

Is there any map for 4 players and old order?
For duels 1v1, the size and design of 4 players maps is the most interesting.
Something you could play horizontal, vertical or diagonal...

If this motivates mapmakers, I think 4 players old order with average food, would probably appeal to the community.
Because nowadays, when searching maps for duels, you end playing something for 6p like Rebound, Eruption, Shadow Realm, or rarely Florizon (real 1v1).
1v1, 2v2 are mostly possible almost on any of the 6 or 8P maps. 6maye the best for it because the distances are quite optimal for fighting back and forward meanwhile those maps are offering location choosing too.
@Thunder: What's your new map "0tactic" about? I saw you testing it in lobby.
That was just some basic script idea tests Nothing speciel. No new maps. Sorry :?

Return to “General / Questions”