Adjust amount of fog in editor

<<

Henri

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Feb 2017, 12:36

Adjust amount of fog in editor

Hey guys,

In the editor you can load a (singleplayer) map and adjust the amount of view or just totally remove the fog. When I try to change the amount of view (so there will be less fog), it doesn't change.
I change the amount of view :arrow: I save the map, but when I want to play the map :arrow: the amount of view is put back to the previous amount of view. What can it be (?)

When check de box for removing the fog totally, it does remove the fog.

Thanks for your help!

Greets,
Henri
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Feb 2017, 17:55

Re: Adjust amount of fog in editor

The slider you see for reveal fog is for an "object" you place on the map. That object will have remove fog within a circle whose radius is determined by the slider. Once you choose how large you want the circle to be, place the reveal map objects by clicking the sun icon to the left of the slider. You can also edit the reveal map objects after placing them by left clicking on their icon on the map. Be sure that you have player 1 selected when placing them otherwise you won't notice the difference (the area will be revealed for the AI otherwise, which is meaningless).

Basically, you are revealing small areas of the map with reveal map. It's determined from the point the object/marker is placed on the map.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “General / Questions”