Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ban for new Players

<<

Xristdem

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Jul 2016, 18:32

Ban for new Players

Ηello to ban because I'm new players how to play on a server for new players .. ..... 2 ban for now :( :( :( ...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Jul 2016, 19:17

Re: Ban for new Players

Hello!
Hm... it's an interesting question. I don't know where from and who kicked you, but its happening quite frequently. Sometimes I got kicks also...but ofc im noob for random lobbies... There are lots of groups of players. Small communities with different gaming level and with different gamestyle.

The biggest problem is usually the players just don't like to waste time on new but rather unknow players who do not build anything. I know it's sad and there are lots of stereotipes about the new/random/unknow players. I use to play also with knonw players because i hate that also when enemy has only vinefields...But use to visit random lobbies every 2months but the story is always the same :?

Once we created a little entry test. It's a list about players who can build enough good cities and still know enough about the game to play in multiplayer. I know its not a perfect test, but beating it is enough to join daily lobbies and playing fun games with real KAM feelings.
More infos about this under the follow link.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2550

Anyway there are some clans who can help to you in this case also. Like R.A.(Russian Army) if I know well they have training program also. Or G.P. with the best KaM players-but they havevery hard entry pass :mrgreen: Almost impossible to beat it.:D

If you would like to play with us then we have this Teamspeak server for organizating daily games: Kamts.eu. There the players are usualy helpful if you would have questions also.

Bests!
t
<<

Xristdem

Serf

Post 25 Jul 2016, 19:50

Thanks for your answer :D :D :D
<<

savvym

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 26 Jul 2016, 00:17

I got ban many times today, without reason, just entered the room and kicked out. Maybe people I defeated previously and have me in their stomach.
<<

Xristdem

Serf

Post 26 Jul 2016, 09:33

The same here very bad people :( :(
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Jul 2016, 00:55

I find that the mutiplayer community of KaM is very unpleasant and distasteful. A true shame.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Jul 2016, 10:37

Well, I disagree. I would say, the community is funny with lots of jokes what members can not handle, because maybe the jokes have too much truths.?
And this story rather about the good quality and balanced games. This game doesn't have rank system, so the players use to play with friends or with those members who are well known for them. I use to get kick from Random lobbies becuse I'm not a known players there...
I'm sure if a player is not just a farmer(makes nothing in pt) then he can join for example TS games...as already many members did it...
<<

Xristdem

Serf

Post 27 Jul 2016, 14:24

fine all this, if you play with the rank would be a different game..
I found a way and I play better :D :D
<<

Varicks

Serf

Post 06 Aug 2016, 01:47

I would definitely say that this acts a deterrent from the multiplayer. Intolerance of newer players is never a great strategy to attract newcomers to online play. I have a very similar situation pan out in many older games, such as the Tribes and Unreal series.

Ultimately it boils down to the cold hard fact that if veteran players don't want to dedicate time to games with newer, less experienced players, they wont. Hopefully this leads to something of a new division of lobbies, which advertises "Beginner" skill levels or something of the sort, and not create a stigma on the back of the multiplayer community.
<<

Instrument

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Aug 2016, 20:22

There is many problems with these new players.
- They just dont realize that they need to play first single player maps before they will come to play mp with other players. They are not gonna learn anything in mp, and ruin every game. Alwas same style >>> 5 farms 5 pig farms 2 stables 2 bakery and when out of food hes gonna left because no food >>> next mp game and same again.
- They dont wanna take any hints or help if someone says dont do that. Always same answer: "i know how to play ive had this game since 2000" and then makes 50 wine fields/winegard. Or 2 farms and 8 mills and 3 bakery.
- Bad building style: forest everywhere, no space because buildings are not side by side/tight . . . .
- Makes only 1 kind of soldier. "im gonna make only horses" or trade only iron in normal map..
- Dont understand that if you play 4v4 it is 4v4 not 1v3v4 as they think many times. Do they really think they are gonna win like that??
- Steal teammates resources because "i need them more than you", or spy like an idiot because they think they will win with that info where is the enemy inn or school..
- Especially this is very annoying: they will join game and when game starts they play 15 min and leave because they just dont like the map. L O L
This game needs better tutorial maps if we wanna help these new ones to play better. sorry for my bad english :D
<<

Archer

Laborer

Post 09 Aug 2016, 20:42

I find that the mutiplayer community of KaM is very unpleasant and distasteful. A true shame.
i concur
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 09 Aug 2016, 20:46

- They just dont realize that they need to play first single player maps before they will come to play mp with other players.
I don't agree about that, SP doesn't teach player how to play MP, it's a different kind of gamestyle, SP is more casual, while MP is more focused.
This game needs better tutorial maps if we wanna help these new ones to play better.
Exactly!! KaM need MP tutorial map(s)! I can imagine map with dynamic script that shows step by step what to do - a player can download this map in lobby, then watch it as a replay and learn step by step how to build a decent city. With every step a text would appear explaining some stuff. Also, a PDF attached with the map with all that stuff written down - sado's guide would be good :). Watching how so many players can't have any army at PT (even at 80) makes me think it's about time to make this kind of MP guide and promote it in lobbies.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Aug 2016, 04:18

With dynamic scripts, we could make an excellent tutorial. I'd like support for scripts that return values depending on which menu is selected, as well as to highlight buttons and icons That would be wonderful :)

I actually made a tutorial for a technical writing project. For the sake of the class, it was made in a word document, but I hoped to make a in game tutorial of it.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Xristdem

Serf

Post 11 Aug 2016, 07:45

We need server for new players...

I am a good idea :D :D
<<

Instrument

Laborer

Post 13 Aug 2016, 23:06

I don't agree about that, SP doesn't teach player how to play MP, it's a different kind of gamestyle, SP is more casual, while MP is more focused.
But the problem is that, hes not gonna learn in MP to make good village. First you need to know how to make kingdom with nice economy, SP will learn how to make it.

Server idea sounds nice too, but will they use it? I think no.. Same server idea is in NeO Empire Earth and its worthless, everyone come to play as a expert..

This is what im talking about. This player does not know even the basic things what everyone should know in MP, and that makes hes games so hard. I know its n00b map and i should not play it etc . . . but thats not the point now what map it is! :D

Return to “General / Questions”