Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ban for new Players

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 14 Aug 2016, 07:43

Re: Ban for new Players

But the problem is that, hes not gonna learn in MP to make good village. First you need to know how to make kingdom with nice economy, SP will learn how to make it.
I agree with the problem, but I don't think single player ever made anyone make good MP villages. The real problem is that people play Bonus maps instead of admitting that their bases are built in a wrong way and looking for solutions. Bonus made people think "I can use this cheat-enabled map and I don't have to improve".

This is what im talking about. This player does not know even the basic things what everyone should know in MP, and that makes hes games so hard. I know its n00b map and i should not play it etc . . . but thats not the point now what map it is! :D
This city isn't even that bad. I mean, at least it seems like he focused on leather first, and vineyards/mills weren't the first thing he made (hopefully - I can't say much without looking at the replay of course, I'm basing my opinion on the placement of these buildings).
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Aug 2016, 09:11

I don't agree about that, SP doesn't teach player how to play MP, it's a different kind of gamestyle, SP is more casual, while MP is more focused.
But the problem is that, hes not gonna learn in MP to make good village. First you need to know how to make kingdom with nice economy, SP will learn how to make it.

Server idea sounds nice too, but will they use it? I think no.. Same server idea is in NeO Empire Earth and its worthless, everyone come to play as a expert..

This is what im talking about. This player does not know even the basic things what everyone should know in MP, and that makes hes games so hard. I know its n00b map and i should not play it etc . . . but thats not the point now what map it is! :D
Hi!
Firs of all Cursed Ravine is not a noob map! I would wish that mst of the new maps be similar quality. Okay the map and the gamplay is campy, but the building and the draeing is well done.
About that base: well :D
-Was barrack centric, it means this is one of the most effective barrack placement what i've seen! So this player wasn't noob!
-Had leather and iron production also. -So this player wasn't noob!
-had multiple roads for smaller traffics! -So this player wasn't noob!
-had lots of towers for defending himself. -So this player wasn't noob!
-seems he tried to keep it small!- So this player wasn't noob!
-He had a marketplace. -So this player wasn't noob!
-This player had kills by the towers- So this player wasn't noob!

This players is even better than those who still don't know what means barrack, who don't know that without weapons, without soldiers can not win a multiplayer game who just making farms and waiting wonders, who just making vineyards only and counting barrels, who just fishing all the time, who just speaking under the whole game and telling to you what to do and how when you already have ready base but he still building only his stonemason, who left the game and need replacement, who just singing in the rain...

I always say what i heard it when i played pair tennis with old (forever fit 65years) players:D "Must choose teammate well" :wink:
<<

Varicks

Serf

Post 19 Aug 2016, 22:53

I don't believe in small communities we have the luxury to turn away new players. It's always down to the autonomy of the player that noob may be dealing with, but I would always recommend a noob-friendly policy in Multiplayer to other players.

- Give them a few pointers. They'll never learn if they don't realize what they're doing is wrong.
- Communicate with them. A lot of players just expect new players to know how to react to their allies and to enemy build strats, but most of the time I find that they simply don't.
- Be constructive. Patronizing new players won't help anybody.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Aug 2016, 15:19

I don't believe in small communities we have the luxury to turn away new players. It's always down to the autonomy of the player that noob may be dealing with, but I would always recommend a noob-friendly policy in Multiplayer to other players.

- Give them a few pointers. They'll never learn if they don't realize what they're doing is wrong.
- Communicate with them. A lot of players just expect new players to know how to react to their allies and to enemy build strats, but most of the time I find that they simply don't.
Well this sound is nice, but sometimes if you would say something helpful then frequently would get such an unfriendly answers as like
"I know what im doing"
"rage quit"
"do your stuffs in your base"
"or just simply will get kick next time when you would like to join" and etc...

Still hard question :wink:
<<

Varicks

Serf

Post 26 Aug 2016, 00:23

Well this sound is nice, but sometimes if you would say something helpful then frequently would get such an unfriendly answers as like
"I know what im doing"
"rage quit"
"do your stuffs in your base"
"or just simply will get kick next time when you would like to join" and etc...

Still hard question :wink:

There are always going to that player with a stick up their ass. Don't is not let them represent a group of players, such as new players, and they won't be a problem. Once you set an entire group of unrelated people under the same guise, it's easy to find that they all share negative characteristics.

Return to “General / Questions”