Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

How is it possible?

<<

Dabadas

Peasant

Post 27 Jan 2016, 13:34

How is it possible?

Hello,

it`s my first post in this forum and i want to present my self.

I`m Danail from Bulgaria and I`m playing KaM since it`s on planet Earth. I realy like the game even too it`s so old.

I`m playing KaM remake from 4-5 weeks and i got into multiplayer in the last 3-4 weeks. First i was weak and i made super projects that just don`t work in multiplayer. By games pasing i was getting better and at certain point i think i was ready to play well every game. Last few days I`ve seen a lot of rush tactics that people just make heavy horse riders and rush to other people base. I was thinking of trying it out and so i did. Did like 4 or 5 games and i managed to do 10-20 horses at max witch is fine.

Today something impossible happened. We played a game of 8 people into a 4v4 with 60 min PT on MegaLands. At some point one from our team left and we got to lobby. In the lobby another one from our team left and one of the enemy players came to our team. Everything good for now. When the peace time ended we all made armies and stand in defense positions. Then suddenly one of the enemy players atacked with 50 or more heavy horses and demolished one of our team players. At that poin i knew the game is lost and i started thinking how he made this for 60 min peace time. I couldn`t fine an answer so i saved the game.

Loaded the game and got into his base. BIG SURPRISE, he don`t have GOLD and IRON production and NO TRADING CENTER.

Now i want you to tell me how he did this 50 heavy horses for 60 min peace time without doing any of this things.

p.s. I can give saved game if anyone want it.Sorry if my english is bad :)
p.s.s. The name of the enemy player was SPARTA
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Jan 2016, 14:06

Re: How is it possible?

You can inspect the replay yourself and see if there's anything suspicious, like +500 horses in that players Store.

One possible way - host could have started the game on modified map and everyone in the lobby downloaded it. The map could be modified with scripts to give some players locations unequal advantages. You can inspect that downloaded map too.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Dabadas

Peasant

Post 27 Jan 2016, 14:18

You can inspect the replay yourself and see if there's anything suspicious, like +500 horses in that players Store.

One possible way - host could have started the game on modified map and everyone in the lobby downloaded it. The map could be modified with scripts to give some players locations unequal advantages. You can inspect that downloaded map too.
How can i see his storage or view that kind of replay in witch i can click on buildings.

I was the host of the map and the map is original from the KaM Remake maps, so i don`t think the second one is possible.
<<

Dabadas

Peasant

Post 27 Jan 2016, 14:25

How can i see his storage or view that kind of replay in witch i can click on buildings.

I was the host of the map and the map is original from the KaM Remake maps, so i don`t think the second one is possible.

Found it. You are right it was some kind of modified map where only his spot has 1000 of all resource needed and 50 from all weapons he need. Still why would someone do this to a map. Now i feel bad that i hosted on this map :(
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 27 Jan 2016, 15:32

... Then suddenly one of the enemy players atacked with 50 or more heavy horses and demolished ...
This is probably the reason why ;)

Lesson: Don't play with strangers on suspicious maps.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

LadyPauline

Queen of the Iron Age

Post 01 Feb 2016, 09:47

I also watched the replay, i played this match as the GreyWarden and what you speak is true, the map was modified by someone. In the red players storehouse (sparta/spartacus nick i belive) was the weapon, i didnt notice the fact since the game, only after watching the replay. Well that was rude.
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 02 Feb 2016, 19:32

Haha, this is the essential of the game: cheating.
Who was the cheater? Was it Mex T? Can u remember his name?
<<

Dabadas

Peasant

Post 02 Feb 2016, 20:11

Haha, this is the essential of the game: cheating.
Who was the cheater? Was it Mex T? Can u remember his name?
SPARTA was his name, 100% sure :)
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Feb 2016, 14:50

I also watched the replay, i played this match as the GreyWarden and what you speak is true, the map was modified by someone. In the red players storehouse (sparta/spartacus nick i belive) was the weapon, i didnt notice the fact since the game, only after watching the replay. Well that was rude.

Was this dude also the host? If he was not the host it was not his fault..
Et ego vici
<<

LadyPauline

Queen of the Iron Age

Post 07 Feb 2016, 19:38

And ofc its not his fault that he say no word to us all about the situation, he just play like its normal thing and ruin the game. Exploit like this is unforgivable! No matter host or not host.

Return to “General / Questions”