Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM World

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Oct 2015, 01:04

KaM World

Hey everyone!

Some of you already know about the Facebook page Knights and Merchants World. I have been managing this page along with some other members here for some time now. I have recently started adding more frequent content (I try for something every day!).
I would greatly appreciate it if you would subscribe/like the page if you are active on Facebook. If you enjoy seeing content about KaM, seeing the latest shoutcasts, or just enjoy KaM in general, Facebook will help keep you notified of any updates so you are sure to not miss them!

And of course, Ben will be very happy :mrgreen:

Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/Knights-and-Me ... 7/?fref=ts
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 30 Oct 2015, 07:34

Re: KaM World

I just subscribed your page :wink: Really nice for me see every day kam's news on facebook :D
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Oct 2015, 07:43

Nice to see more active KaM feeds! :-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Mexican T

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 01 Nov 2015, 02:21

Benny bennyhill, great that you take the time to arrange this.
I really like your shoutcast, especially the double stable strategy and I am looking forward ot more shoutcasts from you.
Maybe Romek vs Mexican T part 2????? Cause romek died like a little girl.

mexi T ABC 123 EZ
<<

The_King

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 19 Nov 2015, 13:40

Following the page on Facebook :). Thanks Ben.
~ A storm is coming ~
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 30 Dec 2017, 14:08

Hi guys. I'm thinking about more ways to use this Facebook page for the benefit of the entire community. Seeing the next release testing about to happen sooner or later, I thought that even if marketing the Remake was never our strong side, we could try to use what resources we have and spark a bit more activity on that site. While my primary idea, back when we started the site, was to promote streaming and post occasional KaM news as well, it seems to me that people are more interested in reading short information covering the way Remake is going, than about actually watching the streams. (It hurts me a bit xD but I guess I need to count on Knights Province having much shorter peacetime/gameplay, so I have a game people want to watch without being bored to death in the building phase) If you guys have any ideas other than what I have in mind currently - and that is, covering new features and changes for the new version - let me know. I could use of some help, too, if someone feels he has enough spare time. It would be ideal to post at least once per day, if we have anything to be posting about of course, so people will remember that this game exists :P I will state however: I will not be likely, to allow someone who I don't know well enough, to write posts there :P
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Dec 2017, 15:48

First of all: Thanks for your effort, sado!
Lately, I as well have been thinking about how to promote the Remake but wasn't really able to come up with any good ideas. Using social media might not be a bad move for reminding old players that KaM still exists and beeing worked on. However, I do not really know how we can increase our range and playerbase. Anyway... let me know what I can do to help!

EDIT:
I'd say that there are a couple of things that could be done to make the building phase of streams more interesting:
1. 2 Casters. Like in many other esports broadcasts, there are usually more than 1 caster. Especially in the beginning there is not much happening, so 2 casters can hold a proper conversation instead of 1 caster talking to himself. Casters can debate about builds, analyse locations and talk about the players.
2. Speed up the building phase. With that I do not mean an increased gamespeed, but rather a faster unlock of buildings. For example: Sawmill beeing unlocked after woodcutter is 25% done. Another way would be that buildings, roads, fields and what have you build faster.
Since I do watch alot of sc(2) tournament broadcasts, I've been thinking of those things quite a bit.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 02 Jan 2018, 10:16

Thanks. Having two broadcasters surely helps, but I usually have a problem to have a second person willing to talk with me. We did a few streams with firo, Centurion this way and it's surely better. As for speeding up the building phase, this depends on the map usually, but this game is simply not designed for keeping people interested during a stream. I tend to start the streams a bit later (30-20min before PT) and this works best if you don't have a second commentator - first 20 minutes of the game are usually too boring to say anything about them anyway.

As for increasing our playerbase, this is not the primary objective for now, since I have no idea how to do it :P but getting the old players back would be good enough, which is what I intend to do. Maybe some sort of multiplayer building tutorial videos could be a good idea to let some people build better, I don't know...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Jan 2018, 00:05

Having short journalist-style writings is definitely what people want when they subscribe to facebook pages. I think that in 2018, people usually use facebook on their mobile devices, so advertising streams isn't exactly helpful when people are about their day. Being able to read a quick paragraph on their favorite game while they are between classes, break at work, or out to eat is better suited to their needs. I've been following (wait, is that the right word, considering that I'm an admin? lol) the page lately, and I am very happy with the current 'method.' Nice work, sado.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 07 Jan 2018, 16:26

Having short journalist-style writings is definitely what people want when they subscribe to facebook pages. I think that in 2018, people usually use facebook on their mobile devices, so advertising streams isn't exactly helpful when people are about their day. Being able to read a quick paragraph on their favorite game while they are between classes, break at work, or out to eat is better suited to their needs. I've been following (wait, is that the right word, considering that I'm an admin? lol) the page lately, and I am very happy with the current 'method.' Nice work, sado.
Yes i totally share this. It's really good have quick news on facebook about KaM. My compliments to the admin of the page. Keep it up guys!
<<

HellFriend

Recruit

Post 19 Jan 2018, 20:30

I'm so happy that this admins are so active fr a long long time :) Thanks to all of them
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 19 Jan 2018, 23:39

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'd like to thank Vatrix here, who joined us recently and is doing a great job at keeping the site active while I struggle with my exams at the moment :P We will try to keep this running, hopefully I'll be able to focus more on the site in a few weeks too.

Return to “General / Questions”