Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I need some information about buildings.

<<

Sestrog

Post 19 Apr 2015, 21:05

I need some information about buildings.

Hello, im kind of new to KaM, i'm trying to play the remake one. I did buy game from the steam. I have a question about buildings;

Can you guys give me some information about ratio needed for resource sharing buildings ? like, x sawmill needed for y woodcutter, etc.

I always seems to be failing about this one. I did make some resources but I couldn't find anything satisfying.

I will be really glad if you can list the buildings in order :) I really want to try multiplayer. ( especially, weapon things, food stuff ratios and gold-coal things. )

Best regards.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Apr 2015, 23:39

Re: I need some information about buildings.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 20 Apr 2015, 06:42

Can you guys give me some information about ratio needed for resource sharing buildings ? like, x sawmill needed for y woodcutter, etc.
In the Remake:
Buildings ratio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 20 Apr 2015, 06:58

Nice table ;-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 20 Apr 2015, 09:49

Nice toturial but.. he says independent farms work most optimal , sharing fields less efficient. I think its the opposite of that , they are faster when working together
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 20 Apr 2015, 10:41

they actually do not, when they share a large field they will just stand in each other's way plus they wla larger distances in order to do something, and by giving them one large shared field means they field is not under the farm for everyone which is the most efficient (because of walking distance).
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 20 Apr 2015, 13:14

they actually do not, when they share a large field they will just stand in each other's way plus they wla larger distances in order to do something, and by giving them one large shared field means they field is not under the farm for everyone which is the most efficient (because of walking distance).
That used to be a big issue untill it was changed that they prefer fields within a certain range. In rare cases they will probably still hinder each other. The advantage of not building them separately however is that they'll have fields too get corn from sooner.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

sestrog

Peasant

Post 20 Apr 2015, 16:00

Thanks everyone, its lovely ! Nice video, and the table I just want to see ! Thank you

I will try some single games to improve my strategy.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 22 Apr 2015, 15:58

Was running tests to determine the actual space "occupied" by Woodcutters', and got some in my opinion interesting results, worth mentioning here.

Was testing the production of Tree Trunks on an empty, fertile space over 3 hours, with varying available spaces.

7x7 area: 96 Tree Trunks collected; house in the NW corner
9x9 area: 154 Tree Trunks collected; house in the NW corner
14x7 area: 155 Tree Trunks collected; house in the middle of the W edge
18x9 area: 150 Tree Trunks collected; house in the middle of the W edge
14x14 area: 151 Tree Trunks collected; house in the middle of the area
18x18 area: 147 Tree Trunks collected; house in the middle of the area
Effectively unlimited: 145 Tree Trunks collected.

A decaying efficiency if too much space is given was expected (the same behaviour applies to Farms and Vineyards too: too many fields, and their production rates drop) but still worth mentioning here.

What's interesting is the result on the 9x9 area... it means, and I honestly didn't know this*, that as long as a little space is left unused then Woodcutters can work at full efficiency even in the middle of your town.

*(thought that the optimal area was larger, and that putting Woodcutters' close to each other was a good idea)

P.S. Also interesting: two Woodcutters' in the middle of the W edge of a 18x9 area collected 142+133 Tree Trunks, which means that they got in each other's way enough to make it better to build Woodcutters' each in a separate 9x9 area (or at least in opposite corners of the 18x9 one).

(Please note that results are subject to random variations between tests, but the pattern is this)
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Soldado con espada

Lance Carrier

Post 25 Apr 2015, 17:06

In the Remake:
Buildings ratio
I love this, thanks!

I wanted to make something like that, eventually :mrgreen:
But I'll use your work instead :mrgreen:

Return to “General / Questions”