AI horses

<<

Tuweky

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 21 Dec 2014, 00:51

AI horses

Hello!

I'm really enjoying the AI multiplayer settings and often team up with my sister to defeat a few AI's in certain maps :) But for some reason the AI never makes use of horses. I've double checked through the settings with the map editor but can't seem to find any options for it.

What's the reason for this?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Dec 2014, 01:23

Re: AI horses

Without understanding the basics of the map editor it can be tricky to understand why the AI's tendencies. Nevertheless, I shall try to explain.
The AI will recruit horses if the conditions are met:
#1: The AI has the resources for either a scout or knight
#2: The AI has not reached the set maximum trainable units.
#3: The AI has a place to place knights or scouts. That is, the AI has mounted unit defensive positions or is set to "auto defend"

My guess is that you are having trouble with #3. If you are playing a regular multiplayer map (one normally played with humans) then they AI should be set to auto defend and won't need defensive positions. However, many maps have defensive positions. If yours does, check to make sure there are some mounted defensive positions because the AI won't train units if it has no place to put them.

This is my best guess. I could be way wrong though :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Dec 2014, 03:05

Ben he is talking about mutliplayer which means no preset ai defensive positions. as far as i know lewin and krom have not been able to include horse production in random mp. therefore they will keep making only foot units.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Dec 2014, 04:28

Hmm! I now seem to remember Lewin writing a post about the AI not building stables. Is that the case?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 21 Dec 2014, 04:37

in normal random multiplayer, yes.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Tuweky

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 21 Dec 2014, 09:59

Ben he is talking about mutliplayer which means no preset ai defensive positions. as far as i know lewin and krom have not been able to include horse production in random mp. therefore they will keep making only foot units.
I already thought so. Thank you for explaining!
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 21 Dec 2014, 11:40

The AI will not train mounted units they cost too much and lewin didn't added them
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 22 Dec 2014, 00:40

The AI is capable of making stables and training knights/scouts. However, the auto defend settings don't place defence positions for mounted units, therefore they don't make them. In hind sight I should have probably made auto defend use mounted defence positions for a few of them. Although it would probably cause the AI to take slightly longer to finish their village and start training soldiers because they will be using corn for stables.

Return to “General / Questions”