Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM Remake r6720 is out

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 10 Dec 2014, 05:26

KaM Remake r6720 is out

After rigorous testing and bugfixing, numerous nightly versions and 5 release candidate versions, the long awaited update to KaM Remake is now available!
BlueAI.png
From this version on we have dropped the “Demo” tag from the title. Now it’s KaM Remake rSomething. The project has matured beyond a demo and into a fully-fledged game which no longer needs “Demo” in the title.

There are too many changes in the new version to list all of them, but here are some of the most significant:

Features:
  • Standalone AI significantly improved: now a worthy opponent for moderately skilled players in singleplayer and multiplayer (the screenshot above is a village built by the standalone AI)
    Unicode support (for Chinese, Japanese and Korean alphabets)
    File transfers in multiplayer lobby (maps and saves)
    “Return to lobby” in multiplayer (for rehosting or replacing players who quit)
    Spectators in multiplayer
    New languages: Korean, Serbian and Slovenian
    Two new singleplayer campaigns An Empire Destroyed (by Dicsoupcan) and On Foreign Lands (by Grayter)
    Many new singleplayer and multiplayer maps
Improvements:
  • Rally point for the barracks (right click)
    Network system messages are translated
    More accurate unit selection
    LAN servers are now automatically detected
    More dynamic scripts commands
    Improved performance
And as usual – a host of other smaller improvements and bugfixes. There are also many new heavily scripted missions including RPG adventures, multiplayer co-operative sieges, and even a Snake clone.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this update through beta testing, map making, scripting, programming, bug reporting, translating or donating. And thanks to the entire Knights and Merchants community for keeping the game alive and strong after all these years.

Official KaM Remake site newspost: http://www.kamremake.com/2014/12/new-re ... ake-r6720/

We hope you enjoy the update! :)
Lewin and Krom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Dec 2014, 11:48

Re: KaM Remake r6720 is out

Yay. Personally, I'm happiest to see how much new community content arrived in this version. I myself have there like 7 maps that I either made or helped a bit in making, and others also contributed loads of content. I especially want special maps to succeed, I really hope stuff like Stalemate Tournament, Town Merchants, Furious Warriors or Knights Evolve/Frenzy will be played by randoms alot. Furious is popular already. This is at least something we can play with anybody, not caring about their, or our so-called "skill level", yesterday on a Stalemate game with randoms I was the one that got eliminated first xD (for those that don't know the map - every 8 minutes, one of the 8 players that has the lowest kills/deaths score, loses the game)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 Dec 2014, 14:25

I'm happy about many things, one of them is that I finally would be able to share my score in Space Invaders! :D. Beating records, here we come!

Sado, any tournaments in plans...? :D
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 10 Dec 2014, 17:46

Sado, any tournaments in plans...? :D
Hmm... don't get me wrong, nothing personal, it's just that my default answer to this question these days is 'go die in hell' xD
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Dec 2014, 17:54

/warn /report /ban
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Dec 2014, 19:00

People ask for tournaments and then do absolutely nothing in helping them succeed. Well a lot of people do anyway. Perhaps that is part of sado's frustration.

We can discuss that somewhere else. Here, we say congrats to our beloved developers, so congrats!!!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Rhaenon

Woodcutter

Post 11 Dec 2014, 17:08

Very nice work, like this version a lot! Also like the changes to the map editor :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Dec 2014, 18:33

Heck, 5503 was so long ago, I don't even remember what the changes to the editor are!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Tom

Post 11 Dec 2014, 19:47

Hi! Today i had nice game on cursed ravine but noticed one weird bug. Wares from my houses disappeared from time to time! Is it game bug? or what is happening with maps?
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Dec 2014, 19:53

Hi! Today i had nice game on cursed ravine but noticed one weird bug. Wares from my houses disappeared from time to time! Is it game bug? or what is happening with maps?
Outdated graphic card?
Or wrong storehouse
<<

Tom

Post 11 Dec 2014, 20:23

I mean at one moment I had 100 bows, and at next moment I have 80 bows for example (I didnt equip any bowman).
the same problem had my teammates
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 11 Dec 2014, 20:26

Can you attach a replay? Was it standard Cursed Ravine or with bonus (Fun with Flags)? And next time, please write in appropriate topic (there's a bug topic for example :) ).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Dec 2014, 20:29

I mean at one moment I had 100 bows, and at next moment I have 80 bows for example (I didnt equip any bowman).
the same problem had my teammates
Without replay its not posible
<<

Tom

Post 11 Dec 2014, 20:33

Not sure if i have that replay.. we played normal cursed ravine (not fwf new version)
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Dec 2014, 20:40

Not sure if i have that replay.. we played normal cursed ravine (not fwf new version)
Last game is saved as autosave 3 files

Return to “General / Questions”