Release candidate 4

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 Nov 2014, 06:26

Release candidate 4

The fourth release candidate r6654 is ready. Everyone on our beta tester mailing list should receive an email soon. If you are not on the mailing list and would like to be please send me a PM or email contact@kamremake.com

This is planned to be the last release candidate, and we hope to do the public release in about 2 weeks (7th December). This may change depending on how testing goes. We are not planning to add any features/improvements from now on, only bug fixes and map updates. Our translators have been contacted to update their translations based on this release.

There were only a few bug fixes this time:
+ Right clicking on the minimap would allow you to move groups when you shouldn't be able to
+ Return to the lobby issues (players stuck in game or unable to click ready)
+ Assertion failure KM_HouseMarket.pas line 166 caused by script blocking market trading while a market was trading that resource
+ Serfs delivering to a unit won't choose a better destination after collecting ware (fixes annoying situations for player)

Needs testing: (send us feedback)
- Back to lobby feature in multiplayer (we fixed some bugs with it)
- New campaign: An Empire Destroyed
- New singleplayer and multiplayer maps

Happy beta testing :)
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Nov 2014, 12:32

Re: Release candidate 4

New RC changes color/text:
ImageImage

Same error with my map, (integer error), but now its just freeze and dont give any error log
Map: http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/88440542/file.html
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 23 Nov 2014, 12:47

New RC changes color/text:
Thanks, that's fixed now (also affects multiplayer chat).
Same error with my map, (integer error), but now its just freeze and dont give any error log
Map: http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/88440542/file.html
The problem is, the AI places a house plan and then you instantly remove the house plan. The AI then continues to try to place the same house plan over and over again, so the game gets into an infinite loop. Basically the AI wasn't designed to cope with you removing house plans as soon as it places them. You can fix it by disabling auto build for all AIs in your map (you can do that in the map editor). It's easy to see how it exceeded 65k house plans removed...
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Nov 2014, 12:56

Oh, right. I ddint even thought about that. Thanks a lot Lewin :)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 23 Nov 2014, 22:25

Are there any plans or information about a translation of the new Campaign for the most common languages in KaM?
I don´t want to play a "good looking"campaign the first time, on english :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 23 Nov 2014, 22:35

I have information about translation of the campaign to Polish. I almost finished it already. Lewin, could you please notify the Polish translator that AED's translation isn't needed (of course I'd me more than happy to send him what I have so he can check it and provide corrections)
edit: I am trying to make voiceovers for the campaign as well. I made a sample for the first mission briefings - both in Polish and English. Simply extract the file in the campaign's folder, then run the campaign. (or play the mp3s manually, if you don't want to bother) Should I even continue? Is it good enough? (Polish text translation of the first mission briefing included for reference) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9EuH9 ... sp=sharing
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 24 Nov 2014, 09:11

Are there any plans or information about a translation of the new Campaign for the most common languages in KaM?
I don´t want to play a "good looking"campaign the first time, on english :P
I have information about translation of the campaign to Polish. I almost finished it already. Lewin, could you please notify the Polish translator that AED's translation isn't needed (of course I'd me more than happy to send him what I have so he can check it and provide corrections)
Dicsoupcan told me that Polish, Dutch and Italian translations are being made so I told those translators not to translate it. Other translators may choose to translate the campaign if they have time, but many will not because it's a lot of extra text. Obviously the more translations the better, so if someone is interested in translating the campaign into another language please let us know first so we can coordinate it with our official translator (so we don't end up with two people doing the same work). Based on the countries with the most visits to our website, I'd say the next most important languages would be Czech, Russian, and German.
edit: I am trying to make voiceovers for the campaign as well. I made a sample for the first mission briefings - both in Polish and English. Simply extract the file in the campaign's folder, then run the campaign. (or play the mp3s manually, if you don't want to bother) Should I even continue? Is it good enough? (Polish text translation of the first mission briefing included for reference) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9EuH9 ... sp=sharing
Obviously I can only judge the English recording. The quality is much better than I expected. The pronunciation/intonation isn't perfect but it's not bad, and players can read along in the text anyway. I'd say it's good enough to use, it makes it more professional than a silent briefing screen. Of course it's Dicsoupcan's choice though.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Nov 2014, 10:37

Yeah Vas Friends made such voicerecordings for Vas´campaign, but only in german as far as i remember. Even with background music it was just very professional and well made. Would be cool to see more of such fan"art" in the future, sure it needs extra time, but it can improve the "general" quality of the campaign.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 24 Nov 2014, 12:35

As for the translations. I persuaded bludmaster a while ago but i have not seen him lately. As for the german translation i asked pawel to do it a very long time ago. If he is still willing to do it he is free to translate it.

About the voiceovers: i love the idea and back in the start it came in my mind but i thought no one was willing to do it. So sado if you would like to do it i appreciate it. I might even do some dutch voiceovers myself.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 24 Nov 2014, 12:49

I might even do some dutch voiceovers myself.
The world will end. We will hear more of Dicsoupcan's voice... I'll try to do the briefings for both English and Polish, then, if the time permits. (No feedback on Polish? I'm sure somebody Polish is here? Paweł? Tiank? :) )
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Nov 2014, 16:27

About the campaign text in the main menu it would look better if the new campaign has the same order like all others.
Campaign made by ...
Thanks to ...
Tranlsated by...

"Story"
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Nov 2014, 16:35

About the campaign text in the main menu it would look better if the new campaign has the same order like all others.
Campaign made by ...
Thanks to ...
Tranlsated by...

"Story"
I think the order should be like this:
  Code:
Title Story - Credits
The most important things should be on top, credits are not campaigning element. You can play campaign without credits, but u cant play camping without story ( in gameplay pleasure way ). :D
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Nov 2014, 16:49

It´s

Just look at the TSK and TPR campaign, and vas´ campaign/translations at all.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Nov 2014, 17:00

EDIT: Ops, yes you did notice already. :$
Post deleted.
Last edited by Esthlos on 24 Nov 2014, 17:27, edited 2 times in total.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 Nov 2014, 17:21

About voiceovers, maybe my dad can do some for new campaigns (I mean seriously), he has really good voice for it (at least I think :mrgreen: ) - czech
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!

Return to “General / Questions”