Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Release candidate 3

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Oct 2014, 18:54

Re: Release candidate 3

@Michalpl nice find :)

Hey, a while back, I asked if we could have the option to remove the KaM logo on the in game UI in order to expand the usable UI (primarily for the statistics menu). I have a dinky monitor, and that extra space would be nice :) Anyway, I believe that it was accepted...any chance of it being used in next release?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Oct 2014, 19:55

Well Ben i think lewin should made in the kam remake config something like minimal hud thats mean it should down scale pictures whole hud or just text that should be change able

Lewin haven't map loading get speeded up in rc 3?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 03 Oct 2014, 04:33

@Ben: Why removing logo, please remind.

@Michalp: Scaling down whole HUD is a very bad idea for pixel-art objects it contains.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Oct 2014, 10:46

Oh yeah it would be unreadable better just remove it for smaller screen
Ben mean that he has small monitor res or just a small monitor that stats don't fit

Edit should't metallurgist's should have gold ore and coal transportation higher priority than other buildings?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Oct 2014, 15:09

Edit should't metallurgist's should have gold ore and coal transportation higher priority than other buildings?
You should disable delivery to all other buildings. Rebuilding requires effort on your part ;)
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Oct 2014, 15:17

I know but AI have problems with it

Edit How about adding tile hight info to F11
Last edited by Michalpl on 13 Sep 2021, 14:03, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed English
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Oct 2014, 20:28

Did you notice that in RC3 it is possible to have a script draw a map nearly from scratch? :mrgreen:

This one, for example, is a blank map that a script morphs into a copy of Across the Desert. (H)
map
No units, buildings nor animals: this was just a proof of concept.

The performance of the script is abysmal though, so I set it to "print" one tile per Tick.
The performance is better, but it takes 51 minutes to fully "print" it. :O

P.S: I'm not crazy enough to do it by hand... I made a Dynamic Script that wrote this in my place, of course. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Oct 2014, 16:59

That's...interesting, But does it have any useful application?

P.S., The lag. My poor laptop :'(
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 06 Oct 2014, 18:03

That's...interesting, But does it have any useful application?
With its actual performance? None I can think of.
In my opinion at the moment it mostly is a curiosity worth mentioning... :(

With a better performance? Sure, it was the reason why I even tried this in the first place.

(I wanted to make a script that "prints" a map complete with units, buildings, objects and animals, after choosing it at random amongst a selection; selection that I would have probably chosen from your most recent thread.
I also had the idea to give it like a 1/1 000 000 chance to choose a "crazy mode", a map with semi-random tiles and with a chance to get a random ware/unit intead of the one you wanted to produce/trade/train) (H)
P.S., The lag. My poor laptop :'(
I did warn you about the script's abysmal performance :P
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Oct 2014, 00:07

If you want a way to change large areas of the map at once I can add a command like this:
Actions.MapPaste(Data: AnsiString; X1, Y1, X2, Y2: Integer);
which lets you paste a large area of the map at once (even the whole map). The string "Data" would be some ASCII encoding of the map tiles and there could be a way to extract that information from the map editor when you copy an area.

The only reason the current commands are slow is that after running each one the game must recalculate stuff like pathfinding caches (passability and floodfill) which is slow. But if there was one command it would only have to update these caches once after changing all the map tiles, so the performance would be much better.

However, what would be the purpose of replacing the entire map at once? What kind of script would use this?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 07 Oct 2014, 04:07

I guess there could be a script that changes certain "dam"/bridge with a river for example, that could be 15x15 or so. Or maybe a climate change thing, where large portions of grass become sand or so
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 07 Oct 2014, 07:47

However, what would be the purpose of replacing the entire map at once? What kind of script would use this?
If it isn't too much work to implement, why not? The more (non redundant) commands there are, the more freedom you give for the creativity of scripters... :mrgreen:

Also, I think that what Krom wrote is a nice idea.
The string "Data" would be some ASCII encoding of the map tiles and there could be a way to extract that information from the map editor when you copy an area.
Here I'm stretching the bounds of what little I know about scripting, but... couldn't it be implemented by making it a "unified" version of MapTileSet (and MapTileHeightSet and MapTileObjectSet? I didn't understand if these two are slow too :$ ) that accepts 2d arrays as parameters?
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Oct 2014, 12:13

If you want a way to change large areas of the map at once I can add a command like this:
Actions.MapPaste(Data: AnsiString; X1, Y1, X2, Y2: Integer);
which lets you paste a large area of the map at once (even the whole map). The string "Data" would be some ASCII encoding of the map tiles and there could be a way to extract that information from the map editor when you copy an area.

The only reason the current commands are slow is that after running each one the game must recalculate stuff like pathfinding caches (passability and floodfill) which is slow. But if there was one command it would only have to update these caches once after changing all the map tiles, so the performance would be much better.

Yea that would replace tiles faster than doing each with one command multiple times and reduce script size
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Oct 2014, 15:31

Lewin the basic security could be a hash checking of the Kam Remake.exe is the hash isn't matching the orginal exe hash the player can't join secured(via this method) servers
Hash shouldn't be maked from file name but from the file content so each change generate diffrent hash and the KaM Remake should check the hash on startup
How about that?
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Oct 2014, 16:28

that security is already implemented?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “General / Questions”