Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Release candidate 3

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Oct 2014, 18:45

Re: Release candidate 3

@Michalp: This is already working like so since very long time. EXE and data files are all hashed to make sure all players play exactly the same game and noone cheats ;-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Oct 2014, 20:31

@Michalp: This is already working like so since very long time. EXE and data files are all hashed to make sure all players play exactly the same game and noone cheats ;-)
Of what version is in?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 Oct 2014, 00:22

Of what version is in?
It was implemented quite early in multiplayer development, probably r2*** or r3***. After r5503 we improved security further to make some more difficult/obscure potential ways of cheating a lot harder.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Oct 2014, 11:53

Lewin could you please make that AI attacked by tower both serfs or army they will try to destroy it
or just implement AI Auto building attack range
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Oct 2014, 13:14

Or just improve your own script.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Oct 2014, 09:01

Well AI is stand alone so its should do it by itself not by help of the script

Edit Lewin please Add script to refresh AI nav mesh like Actions.RegenerateAIMesh returns 0 on failure? and 1 on succes
This is requested because of dynamic changing of tiles so the AI could se the change of the tiles from walkable to non walkable

Edit Lewin Win 10 is going to be on multiple devices so the KaM Remake will be able to run on them?
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 10 Oct 2014, 11:02

Well AI is stand alone so its should do it by itself not by help of the script

Edit Lewin please Add script to refresh AI nav mesh like Actions.RegenerateAIMesh returns 0 on failure? and 1 on succes
This is requested because of dynamic changing of tiles so the AI could se the change of the tiles from walkable to non walkable

Edit Lewin Win 10 is going to be on multiple devices so the KaM Remake will be able to run on them?
Well, I doubt there is any touchscreen support.
Sooo.... that rules out most touchscreen devices?

also: <Insert joke about oculusrift support here>
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Oct 2014, 11:19

Zombie01 Yea but there is a way to emulate cursor or just add support for touchscreen why because we can have touchscreen monitors

Edit if on Windows 10 devices will be there a desktop so there will be cursor too
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 11 Oct 2014, 21:15

I played a coop game, and the replay doesn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Oct 2014, 22:20

@Lewin, Krom

Have you guys been talked to about the current serf delivery to buildings? Even after the latest changes in RC3, there is still an annoying "bug." It's most noticeable at the start of the game when building the school. If you have a laborer start making a road, a serf will naturally go grab a stone for him. However, if the school's construction site has finished being leveled during that time, the serf going to get the stone will "change his mind" and take the stone to the school instead! This can be "devastating" if you have a laborer build a road adjacent to the school, for he won't receive his stone till all wares have been taken to the school, resulting in other laborers piling on top of the laborer waiting for a stone.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Brolian

Recruit

Post 12 Oct 2014, 23:27

About script, in mine map i by using code set hunger level and by that i feed mine troops. They have 1/3 bar hungry and like 5 minutes to hunger level to normal show message "Feed soldiers, they are hungry". I get messages earlier on 1/3 bar level for example. Or mine group i by script set hunger level from 1/3 bar to full and loaded save, mesage will show "Feed soldiers". On map where i do not usinf sripts to feed troops and using serfs to feed soldiers all is ok, message show in right moment when troops have "cloud with eat".
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 13 Oct 2014, 08:31

I'm not sure I understood what you wrote, but according to the description of OnGroupHungry here, the "hungry" message occurs every 4 minutes and can be disabled or enabled with the command Actions.GroupDisableHungryMessage(GroupID, Boolean)
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Oct 2014, 15:45

Neryn campaign needs fixing and since Vas is not active recently, I'm posting the issues here, so some scripter can fix them.

Here's what I've found:

Error at mission 3
I don't know how it affects the gameplay, cause I didn't finish this mission...

Missions 6

Targeting seems to be wrong, I mean, that AI is attacking differently. Just compare attached replays.

Also, at very start, the wrong group of horses is attacking our ally. In r5503 two horse groups in the middle attacked, in RC3 that large group near towers attacks (you can see it in replay). This large group is suppose to be a patrol group, that starts roaming later (at around 10 minutes of gameplay).
Neryn 06 r5503.7z
Neryn 06 RC3.7z
Mission 7

However, I can't see how it affected the gameplay, I was able to win this mission with no problems.

Mission 8

But again, I didn't notice how it affected the gameplay, I've won normally.

Mission 10
At the beginning of the mission, the Knights' group, that was supposed to stay close to Scouts' group, at one moment goes help the Knights fighting at top. Because of that, the Scout group loses and whole bottom squad loses. That's important, cause later, that Scouts-Knights group and Top Knights group is gonna attack the enemy, trying to break it's defence. With weaker defenece it's easier to beat the enemy (I didn't play this mission till the end, but it's an obvious assumption).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 14 Oct 2014, 06:40

Neryn campaign needs fixing and since Vas is not active recently,
Whaaat? Vas is not working on part 2 of Neryn? :( That's a damn shame. I just finished part 1 last week and loved every minute of it. I was hoping there would be a part 2 to look forward to in the next release. :(
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Oct 2014, 11:39

He was working on it. I had a few missions to playtest but did not hear from him again
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “General / Questions”