Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Release candidate 3

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Sep 2014, 08:03

Re: Release candidate 3

Is there a particular reason for why the old version of The Final Frontier (from 5503, or earlier RCs) doesn't work in the new RC3? I had to delete the .dat file, then manually add storehouses and stuff to make it work. (The new one isn't fixed completely yet, so we needed the old one working for now) Seems like a bug to me.

By the way - please make sure we roughly know the deadline of giving you map updates, I know To has still more testing of TFF left, Dicso is rushing to finish his campaign in time (probably gonna make it, from what I heard), I got to improve my map as well etc.
<<

Brolian

Recruit

Post 29 Sep 2014, 09:42

We can add to map max 12 player/AI up from 8.
But if we press F11 to show development controls we can control 1-8, we cannot choose 9-12.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Sep 2014, 10:46

We can add to map max 12 player/AI up from 8.
But if we press F11 to show development controls we can control 1-8, we cannot choose 9-12.
There no reason to control AI, right? xD so theres only controls for 1-8 human. If u want test something reveal entire fog and check if your ai works fine.
<<

Brolian

Recruit

Post 29 Sep 2014, 13:20

to RandomLyrics: I just wanted write what i see as like "mistakes" ;-)

I added in mine map code:
  Code:
if (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) > 44) and (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) < 56) and (States.UnitPositionY(iWedrowiec1) > 84) and (States.UnitPositionY(iWedrowiec1) < 96) and (States.UnitDead(iWedrowiec1) = false) then //1
Better then just only one position, but here i choose like above 44, and below 56, then must be unit at from 44 to 56.
In RC 5503 is all good.
At RC 6619 , show me error message: Mistake in scripts usage States.UnitPosition X: 0 .
I think in RC 6619 is wrong like below 56 and 0 is too below 56.

With
  Code:
if (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) = 70) and (States.UnitPositionY(iWedrowiec1) = 25) then //4
Message show too in RC 6619. In 5503 message do not show. BUT i added iWedrowiec as name UNIT ID OnMissionStart and message do not show.
Maybe that message show that code search for unitID "iwedrowiec" but that unit appear after 30 second. Then at start when iwedrowiec do not exist RC 6619 show mesage like ok code unit position on x and y is but the Unit iwedrowiec is not.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 29 Sep 2014, 15:16

Mistake in scripts usage States.UnitPosition X: 0 coz your iWedrowiec is empty, put if iWedrowiec > 0 then begin "your script" end;
<<

Brolian

Recruit

Post 29 Sep 2014, 15:33

Its like RC 6619 look at code and if (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) = 68) , then search for that iWedrowiec, if not then message will show.
I program mine scripts like all time check position, and unit with ID : "iWedrowiec" spawn after 30 second.
If i edit scripts at start and iWedrowiec exits all is ok.

Code:
var Knights, iWedrowiec1: Integer; procedure OnMissionStart; begin Knights := Actions.GiveGroup(0, 22, 10, 10, 0, 9, 3); //iWedrowiec1 := Actions.GiveUnit(0, 9, 68,22, 2); // message will appear, if delete "//" message do not end; procedure OnTick; begin if (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) = 68) and (States.UnitPositionY(iWedrowiec1) = 22) and (iWedrowiec1 > 0 ) then begin Actions.GroupOrderWalk(Knights, 20, 20, 0); end; end;
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 29 Sep 2014, 20:38

lol ;p so leave it without '//' if its work ( and it will work ), i dont understand your problem xD
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 30 Sep 2014, 02:29

So it's possible that Lewin fixed the replay breaking problem. :) I didn't reload saves, however, and therefore I don't know if replays still break from that or not.
Thanks for the info. As always if anyone figures out a way to make the replay break I'd be interested to hear about it.
Is there a particular reason for why the old version of The Final Frontier (from 5503, or earlier RCs) doesn't work in the new RC3? I had to delete the .dat file, then manually add storehouses and stuff to make it work. (The new one isn't fixed completely yet, so we needed the old one working for now) Seems like a bug to me.
I can't reproduce this. Can you send me a map which crashes while loading and I'll look into it?
By the way - please make sure we roughly know the deadline of giving you map updates, I know To has still more testing of TFF left, Dicso is rushing to finish his campaign in time (probably gonna make it, from what I heard), I got to improve my map as well etc.
The deadline will probably be the end of October/start of November. I'm very busy during October so I won't be able to spend much time working on KaM until the end of October, when I should have enough time to finish this release.
Its like RC 6619 look at code and if (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) = 68) , then search for that iWedrowiec, if not then message will show.
I program mine scripts like all time check position, and unit with ID : "iWedrowiec" spawn after 30 second.
If i edit scripts at start and iWedrowiec exits all is ok.
  Code:
if (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) > 44) and (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) < 56) and (States.UnitPositionY(iWedrowiec1) > 84) and (States.UnitPositionY(iWedrowiec1) < 96) and (States.UnitDead(iWedrowiec1) = false) then //1
Better then just only one position, but here i choose like above 44, and below 56, then must be unit at from 44 to 56.
In RC 5503 is all good.
At RC 6619 , show me error message: Mistake in scripts usage States.UnitPosition X: 0 .
I think in RC 6619 is wrong like below 56 and 0 is too below 56.
This is an error in your script, it only worked in r5503 because we ignored those errors in the past and you were lucky in this case. What do you expect "States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1)" to return when iWedrowiec1 is not a valid unit? In r5503 we returned -1 and didn't show an error message, which meant you script still worked. But in some cases this will cause unexpected results, for example this code to check whether a unit is in the top-left corner of the map would return true for an invalid unit:
  Code:
if (States.UnitPositionX(iWedrowiec1) < 10) and (States.UnitPositionY(iWedrowiec1) < 10) then
So it's dangerous and confusing to rely on these error return values. Therefore we now report it as an error. You can correct your script by checking that the unit is valid first:
  Code:
if (iWedrowiec1 > 0) and not States.UnitDead(iWedrowiec1) then
Checks like this are very important otherwise your code may behave unexpectedly. All scripters should be aware of this and may need to update some of their scripts.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Sep 2014, 02:38

I have a suggestion. Not really sure where to put it but here I go anyway:

In the mission "Race against the Clock" by the Dark Lord, your ally is supposedly coming from great distance. However, since you share ally LoS in the Remake, the player can easily see that the ally is just lazily sitting around until he is supposed to "arrive" to help. This wasn't a problem in TPR since LoS wasn't shared.

Anyway, my point (that everyone probably saw coming) can this mission's script be edited so that your ally's and the player's LoSs are not shared?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 30 Sep 2014, 08:12

Anyway, my point (that everyone probably saw coming) can this mission's script be edited so that your ally's and the player's LoSs are not shared?
Sure, and it should be easy too.
On mission start, use the function PlayerShareFog; then, if the fog is already shared (I'm not sure if simply using this function is enough), FogCoverRect on the area(s) you're not supposed to see should be enough.

But I think it would be more just if The Dark Lord makes this edit... it is his script, after all.
Have you asked him to yet?
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 30 Sep 2014, 08:20

Yeah it's not hard, I am able to do it. But I'd rather see the whole map deleted from the Remake since the script doesn't work correctly.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 30 Sep 2014, 08:24

I can't reproduce this. Can you send me a map which crashes while loading and I'll look into it?
Sorry, I didn't mean it crashes. You can't select locations on the map in RC3. I tried to move starting positons slightly but it didn't work after that either. I'll attach the map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 30 Sep 2014, 11:15

I have a suggestion. Not really sure where to put it but here I go anyway:

In the mission "Race against the Clock" by the Dark Lord, your ally is supposedly coming from great distance. However, since you share ally LoS in the Remake, the player can easily see that the ally is just lazily sitting around until he is supposed to "arrive" to help. This wasn't a problem in TPR since LoS wasn't shared.

I already fixed the script like you suggested a while ago, you can't see the ally's army in RC3 ;)
Sorry, I didn't mean it crashes. You can't select locations on the map in RC3. I tried to move starting positons slightly but it didn't work after that either. I'll attach the map.
In the map you attached none of the locations are set to usable by humans. You can correct it on the Global Scripting -> Player Types tab. I'm not sure why it would be like this, maybe it was created in a really old editor? You can't select locations in r5503 or the old RCs with the map you attached either...
<<

šmoula

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 30 Sep 2014, 12:53

Hi,
is it possible to upload RCx files to http://code.google.com/p/castlesand/downloads/list ? I saw there are nightly builds...
Or eventually post link on this forum...

thanks
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 30 Sep 2014, 15:11

Google disallowed uploading files lewin told me about this a while ago

RC3 have fixed resources restoration issue on kam remake google issues fully because of changeable tiles

New bug found AI sometimes tries to place corn field on road and the road plan gets removed and this happens ss (kamaibug313.JPG)

Edit Also there is no check for wood cutter that it should check if trees can be planted in the radius

Mistake on wiki
6216 MarketSetTrade Sets the trade in the specified market
1 - House ID
2 - from ware type
2 - to ware type should be 3
4 - amount
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General / Questions”