Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

OpenGL and ATI HD5750 problem

<<

Edgarasx

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Sep 2014, 13:54

OpenGL and ATI HD5750 problem

Hello, like i writed in subject i have problem with OpenGL performance. I installed KAM remake mod (on original game that i got in steam) and tried to start it. but first i got this message "Old OpenGL version detected, game may run slowly and/or with graphic flaws. Please update your graphic drivers to get better performance". I thinked its only reminder or something but when i tried to play game i realized its imposible, i think i got 5-10fps in game everythings runs very slow. I seached in google and forums and founded that its OpenGL problems. Game show that my OpenGL version is 1.1.0 but as i checked in my graphics cards spec its support 3.1 or 3.2 i dont remember right now. The drivers that i use is newest from amd.com, other games and applications runs well. I just dont know how to fix this problem with OpenGL. Maybe anyone can help me?

I use Windows 7 x64 with all updates for this day.
CPU - E6750
VGA - HD5750
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Sep 2014, 14:06

Re: OpenGL and ATI HD5750 problem

"Without drivers, you will default to a software version of OpenGL 1.1 (on Win98, ME, and 2000), a Direct3D wrapper that supports OpenGL 1.1 (WinXP), or a Direct3D wrapper that supports OpenGL 1.1 (Windows Vista and Windows 7). None of these options are particularly fast, so installing drivers is always a good idea."
Source

Can you post a link to the page where you downloaded your graphics card drivers?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 16 Sep 2014, 14:15

Definately sounds like your drivers are not installed properly. Perhaps other games work fine because they're not OpenGL? (a lot of games are DirectX, and maybe only OpenGL is broken in your current driver). Download the latest drivers from here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Select Desktop -> Radeon HD Series -> Radeon HD 5xxx Series -> Your Windows version. Then download and install the Catalyst Software Suite.
<<

Edgarasx

Peasant

Post 16 Sep 2014, 14:55

Like i writed in my first post i already got newest drivers from amd.com. But i just tried to reinstall this drivers and its worked! Now in game shows that i got OpenGL 4.4.1 version and game runs perfectly. Thank you all for advice and see you in game :)

Return to “General / Questions”