Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Single Player Maps in Remake

<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 04 Aug 2014, 13:56

Single Player Maps in Remake

This topic is a bit forgotten, especially part with SP maps in The Remake. My posts about needed improvements and other things are very often ignored or just pushed away (almost everyone is only caring about MP). In RC1 there are still some maps which really need to be improved (terrain, modify scripts to meet the requirements to play them in newest releases and so), I will make a little analysis here and I beg authors to fix issues or delete low quality maps.

Need fix
Neutral (doesn't need fix, but it's not helpful)
Good thing

A Farmers Wish - Hellracer
- initial attack is very hard to defeat, maybe decrease amount of attacking soldiers
- your ally cause more troubles than help, maybe give him more powerful troops
- the rest is by contrast very easy to play, just set up towers and play defensive until you have enough army - it's good for beginners
- nice terrain, script and gameplay

Alcatraz - Matt
- need more elevation and objects
- unusual idea and interesting gameplay - but this doesn't exceed the bad look of this map

Another Day in Hell - Hellracer
- you win after defeating player 2 other Ai players can be left behind
- nice gameplay and terrain (I can say Hellracers quality)

Decaing hearths - WhiteWolf
- nice story and gameplay, no need to fix anything (imo, I didn't play this too much)

Intermediary - TDL
- it's very very hard to make your way to your storehouse and after that it's again very hard to play
- every other aspect of this map is very good (we can expect that from someone like TDL ;) )

Invasion - Skypper/andreus
- what to say about that, everything is good for players, who are a bit bored from normal building/fighting maps

Island of Bandits - Merchantor
- don't underestimate enemy or you will be in troubles!
- very nice map and gameplay

Lava Valley - andreus
- don't know much about this map

On the Way - Phiona
- never heard about author, this will have to fix someone else
- initial attack is unbeatable
- again nice map and gameplay (loved that when it was playable :mrgreen: )

Pursuit for Power - Vatrix
- ahh sorry that's untested because noone is looking at my posts and noone like me :( (just kidding :mrgreen: or not?!)

Race Against the Clock - TDL
- TDL Quality

Revenge - Ben
- Ben where are you when your map need's you?!
- no elevation, no objects
- unplayable in newest release (maybe it's just my fault)

- no story? ;(
- I hate enemy colors, but that's my opinion :O

Revenge in the Gardens - Vatrix
- my 2nd map
- bad elevation
- randomly placed objects
- easy script
- fast done - to play it as soon as possible

- it helped me to make map Pursuit for Power

Smart - Nick
- nice terrain, objects
- enemy is good placed and attacks are medium-hard
- you must defend your ally

Space Invaders - sado
- You have done some updates, right?

- where is your signature?

Stuck in the Middle - Matt
- unplayable

- but again originality

The Adventurers Journey - Shadaoe
- Shadaoe's quality

The Crusade - Skilldragon
- unplayable
- low quality terrain and objects
- no need for map like this

The Forbidden Land - Hellracer
- initial attack hard, but beatable
- Hellracers quality

The River
- Hellracers maps deserve to be in Remake!

Two Sides - Vatrix
- must do almost everything via Market
- terrain isn't the best someone could make, but it's my step for better mapmaking
- very hard defences of the AI

Vortamic - Ben
- very hard initial attack
- bad quality terrain at the top of the map
- good quality map

This is all MY opinion, but Red-Orange coloured maps need really to be fixed before again placed in The Remake. Remake has grown to very good quality game/mod and it deserves to have very good quality maps in SP same as in MP. Don't take this as an attack on someone or sth like that, I just want to have good looking (terrain, objects, gameplay) maps in The Remake.

(?) One more off-topic thing, guys I said something bad or why are you almost everytime ignoring me, I want to make it clear, thanks. (?)
Last edited by Vatrix on 06 Aug 2014, 09:14, edited 3 times in total.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Aug 2014, 14:03

Re: List of new maps to be included

(?) One more off-topic thing, guys I said something bad or why are you almost everytime ignoring me, I want to make it clear, thanks. (?)
On behalf of most of the die-hard multiplayer guys out there (I am one of them): if your coop/SP map feels ignored except for a few guys (always the same ones), the reason really isn't the fact that you are a douche or something xD I don't care about SP maps and I know many feel the same, that's all. Ignoring SP seems normal, andreus is also largely ignored with his beautiful coops and stuff.

BTW, It's not that your post is offtopic (it's a good topic for this post for sure), but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to start a new one for SP only. This way 1. no one will try to talk MP stuff there 2. it will gain more recognition as a topic on its own. (But I'm not telling you to go away! enjoy your stay in my topic :D)

edit: I ignore SP so much that I didn't even take a glance at the list before making this post :D So, as it goes for Space Invaders. Lewin made sure (didn't even have to ask him) that my updates are in (thanks!). What do you mean by "signature"? "Map by sado" or something like that? I think the newest version has it.

edit 2: to support my point at the top of my post... I found exactly 1 tester for Space Invaders - Tiank. And well, I begged TDL to play it for me as well, not sure if that counts though, since it's obvious without my nagging he'd never do that xD
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 14:32

Thank you, maybe I will start a new topic or ask someone to split it here and make it separately (but your topic is nice of course :D ). By signature i meant this
Map by sado
, but I'm big perfectionist, so I would like it to be "A mission by Sado" like the most signatures :O .

edit: And do you have sth to say about the rest from what I wrote? :D
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Aug 2014, 14:41

well sado is correct, hard;ly anyone i know cares about SP. the SP part of KaM is heavily underrepresented imo. i would like to see more of the SP part of the community(i know you are out there, come here you guys) being active on these forums.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Aug 2014, 14:57

Revenge - Ben

- no story? ;(
This was one of my first maps; made just after I turned 14. yes, it sucks. Yes, it embarrases me. I've asked Lewin to remove it 100k plus times but it hasn't been done yet ;p
well sado is correct, hard;ly anyone i know cares about SP. the SP part of KaM is heavily underrepresented imo. i would like to see more of the SP part of the community(i know you are out there, come here you guys) being active on these forums.
Most of us have been drained out of SP; having being forced to play it for the first 10 years of KaM. Also, SP players are unsurprisingly less internet-active; preferring to stay in their own little world.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 15:04

Revenge - Ben

- no story? ;(
This was one of my first maps; made just after I turned 14. yes, it sucks. Yes, it embarrases me. I've asked Lewin to remove it 100k plus times but it hasn't been done yet ;p
Hey man, I didn't say it sucks and it embarrases you, it just needs some improvements ;)

edit: And if you give me permission I will do it, if you don't want it
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Aug 2014, 15:24

No, I want it removed; that's that. And yes, it sucks and is an embarrassment to the Remake.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 17:33

Re: Single Player Maps in Remake

Ok, just like you want :wink:
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 18:13

I need to know what the dev group think about this and as second thing I need to have commentary from all (available) map authors about their maps.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 18:19

I need to know what the dev group think about this and as second thing I need to have commentary from all (available) map authors about their maps.
Then you're done with the mapmakers... the only active people that didn't talk yet but are on the list are TDL, Skypper + andreus, and Shadaoe, and seeing as your opinions were all green for them, I am guessing it doesn't really matter.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 18:40

I also need to know from Lewin or someone from devs what I have to improve myself (I'm talking about scripts not terrain) for next release and what will be deleted.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 Aug 2014, 19:43

To bad that I'm not at home right now but nice that someone made finally such a topic. I was searching for a longer time for sp maps, for the remake. So YES some of them have bad quality. It was mostly like I asked Lewin "I have found a funny nice mission that is playable after a few/without fixes. Can you implement it?" Sure, if you have more good maps, some of them should be deleted again because of the very bad terrain for example. Btw did you ever joined teamspeak vatrix? You can find some sp players there though.

Good examples are the middle of nowhere, bens map or matts map "alcatraz", sure you won't be able to contact him. It's another "anonymous"matt. I have taken most sp maps from the lewins mission editor-homepage or the Russian forum.
My favourite fan sp map is "smart". I really felt like in a 100% Knights and Merchants mission from the original Developers :P
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 20:01

Btw did you ever joined teamspeak vatrix? You can find some sp players there though.
Yes I was on TS, but I was a little ashamed, so I did not join anywhere, I just was trehere for no reason :$ .
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 20:19

Btw did you ever joined teamspeak vatrix? You can find some sp players there though.
Yes I was on TS, but I was a little ashamed, so I did not join anywhere, I just was trehere for no reason :$ .
Come on! Simply avoid Mulberry and you will be fine :D Join us some time around, talking or good English isn't really a requirement.

although... I think you don't like multiplayer that much, Mulberry might leave you alone and in good mental health then : D
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2014, 20:24

Come on! Simply avoid Mulberry and you will be fine :D Join us some time around, talking or good English isn't really a requirement.
Ok, maybe tommorow :$
although... I think you don't like multiplayer that much, Mulberry might leave you alone and in good mental health then : D
Mulberry won't be a problem, I'm in good mental mood :mrgreen:

Return to “General / Questions”