Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Why this happens?

<<

Alex_bj

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 Jul 2014, 21:17

Why this happens?

Since i play the Remake, i have noticed that my serfs "leave" some buildings and eventually these end up filling. This happens in every map or mission, so the consequence is that i can't make a good reserve of some resources before i could need it.
Naturally I have stores. So, what is going on?

Some screens:
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Jul 2014, 21:21

Re: Why this happens?

Your first screenshot is too small to view well ;)
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 29 Jul 2014, 21:25

You probably don't have enough serfs or they don't have any place to bring the wares.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Alex_bj

Serf

Post 29 Jul 2014, 21:38

Your first screenshot is too small to view well ;)
Now?
<<

Alex_bj

Serf

Post 29 Jul 2014, 21:42

You probably don't have enough serfs or they don't have any place to bring the wares.
If you see the screens, the serfs doesn't go at all (wine). In the other pic, they "prefer" some mines and leave the rest.
PD: I have 60 serfs and 4 storehouses in that game.
PD2: It happens all the time.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Jul 2014, 23:43

Are you having a good roadnetwork? If you don't have that your serfs will take along time to go to your buildings. Are your buildings to far away from others/storehouse? That could also bee the problem and like others said "more serfs" well idk how much serfs you had and how big your bases are but look at that also. :)
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Alex_bj

Serf

Post 30 Jul 2014, 02:25

As you can see, the storehouse is really close to the buildings. The roads are very connected too. And the problem persist (in the wine case, the serfs just go to one building and leave the others. You can see too in the case of farms below. There are two almost empty, and the other it's full).

I don't know what can it be. In TSK and TPR doesn't happen that (even when the serf is really stupid, he never abandon one building). If i'm not wrong, in TSK and TPR the work it's something like this: 5 houses and enough serfs: One serf for each house. In this case is like if them decided "hey, let's go work just in this building".

Another thing that seems similar is that sometimes, if i don't build the "associated building", the serf doesn't want go for the primary resource. They wait until the producer it's full. Example: If i don't make the iron smithy they don't go to the iron mine. That's another problem cause i like store minerals before i could need it.

PD: Thanks for your time.
PD2: Sorry for my bad english.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Jul 2014, 04:24

When serfs pick their job, they choose optimal ware to deliver with regard to distance and type of delivery. Serfs prefer to take deliveries closer to them and those that walk length is smaller. They also prefer to take wares from houses with more wares. Also they prefer house-house deliveries over house-store. There are few other factors in best delivery picking, but these ones are major.

Coalmines: You are clearly having too few Serfs or Coal blocked in Store. They only pick the closest mines (because of route length, either to Smithies which dont need much coal, or to Store, which is low priority)
Wineyards: Looks like either Wine is blocked in Store, or you have too few Serfs again. Those deliveries are house-store, which are lower priority than Farm-Mill-Bakery.

To give you a good measure of how many Serfs you need - keep on hiring Serfs until you see there are a few idle. In a town fully stocked with serfs, there always need to be a few idle ones.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 30 Jul 2014, 07:04

Definitely not enough serfs. Your roads are almost empty. If all serfs are busy already, how do you expect them to take all those wares? Unless you have serfs doing nothing (question mark above their heads) this seems very normal.
<<

Alex_bj

Serf

Post 30 Jul 2014, 20:10

When serfs pick their job, they choose optimal ware to deliver with regard to distance and type of delivery. Serfs prefer to take deliveries closer to them and those that walk length is smaller. They also prefer to take wares from houses with more wares. Also they prefer house-house deliveries over house-store. There are few other factors in best delivery picking, but these ones are major.

Coalmines: You are clearly having too few Serfs or Coal blocked in Store. They only pick the closest mines (because of route length, either to Smithies which dont need much coal, or to Store, which is low priority)
Wineyards: Looks like either Wine is blocked in Store, or you have too few Serfs again. Those deliveries are house-store, which are lower priority than Farm-Mill-Bakery.

To give you a good measure of how many Serfs you need - keep on hiring Serfs until you see there are a few idle. In a town fully stocked with serfs, there always need to be a few idle ones.
I guess is that. Not enough serfs.
My final question: Where i can find information about how prefer the serfs deliver? (unless your knowledge be from your playing experience of course).

Thanks for the answers every one. :wink:
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Aug 2014, 07:40

My final question: Where i can find information about how prefer the serfs deliver? (unless your knowledge be from your playing experience of course).
Krom and my knowledge come from having written the code that handles deliveries in the KaM Remake ;) It's not documented, but you can read the code for the function CalculateBid here:
https://code.google.com/p/castlesand/so ... es.pas#651

Lower bids are chosen over higher ones. This code is well commented so it shouldn't be hard to figure out what it is doing. That's the only information available really.

Return to “General / Questions”